Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fncthebest

Can i run it ?

Hey guys i already pre ordered deluxe edition on my other steam acc but i wanna know if my system can run this game i played doom 2016 on High - Medium :)

My specs are : i5 4460.3.20Ghz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC 

8GB RAMS 

Perhaps there should be a pinned thread on this subject within this subforum. Seems like it's going to be a common question. I know, I know, the official recommended specifications for Eternal haven't been released yet. Still, it seems like it would be tidier.

Hmm, maybe medium at 1080 and 60fps? It's using idtech 7 which apparently is allowing better performance gains now, since mega textures are officially gone.

In the newest digital foundry video, the studio director praises the engine for its ability to scale to a wide variety of specs. So maybe you can do high at 60fps?

Overall I think you will be fine.

On 1/24/2020 at 11:17 AM, Fncthebest said:

Hey guys i already pre ordered deluxe edition on my other steam acc but i wanna know if my system can run this game i played doom 2016 on High - Medium :)

8GB RAMS 

You'll probably be able to, but on low-to-medium due to the game having much higher geometrical complexity, better quality reflections, greater resolution on textures. My guess is that even on low-to-medium it will still probably look as good as Doom 16 looks right now on your computer.

Well now that we're already on the topic of computer specifiations I'd really like to hear your guys' opinion on my shitty rig:

specs.png.c9b352afaa622d0a8385afe5eadfa42c.png

I'm able to play Doom 2016 in 1080 on high with usually above 75hz which is my monitor's refresh rate.

8 hours ago, flouter said:

Well now that we're already on the topic of computer specifiations I'd really like to hear your guys' opinion on my shitty rig:

specs.png.c9b352afaa622d0a8385afe5eadfa42c.png

I'm able to play Doom 2016 in 1080 on high with usually above 75hz which is my monitor's refresh rate.

These are pretty much the same configs as my laptop. I'm confident Doom Eternal will run fine at 60fps on a 1080p resolution on the low-to-medium settings.

Five-year-old rig with recently upgraded GPU pending a new build later in the year:

i7 4790k quad-core 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3 RAM

MSi RTX2070 Super

Thinking the CPU will be the bottleneck. Thoughts?

On 1/27/2020 at 9:25 AM, scalliano said:

Five-year-old rig with recently upgraded GPU pending a new build later in the year:

i7 4790k quad-core 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3 RAM

MSi RTX2070 Super

Thinking the CPU will be the bottleneck. Thoughts?

I have the same CPU. I'm sure it will be fine.

On 1/24/2020 at 7:17 AM, Fncthebest said:

8GB RAMS 

I think you should be able to thanks to the 4GB VRAM of the GTX 1050 Ti.

And since this game is coming out on the Switch (256 CUDA core GPU), I'd say your PC should run DE.

Have an i5-6400 and an R9 380 4 GB and I run Doom 2016 on ultra 60 fps with no problems. Eternal seems to be stepping it up though and I plan on getting the RX 580 8 GB, I assume that will be enough for ultra 60 fps? What do you all think?

Built my last PC to play 2016

This one's gonna run Eternal.

The Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600x

32 Gigs of ddr4 ram

EVGA RTX 2070 Super (its the blue glowing one)

1 tb m.2 ssd

I also bought a 144 hz monitor, it only displays at 1080p, unfortunately. I'll probably upgrade to a 1440p monitor at some point down the line. This pc should be relevent for a bit (hopefully).

I only need the fast refresh rate monitor.

I'm running a 4k 60hz monitor atm, which is photography focussed.

Ryzen 9 3900X, 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, 2 x 1TB M2 SSDs.... in a M-ITX battle station :)

1 hour ago, Foebane72 said:

Such high specs aren't necessary at all when you have GeForce Now.

They are if you actually want to own decent hardware that you have more control over, rather than just rent it out under the mercy of someone else under a whole bunch of T&Cs.

On 2/20/2020 at 9:29 AM, NoXion said:

They are if you actually want to own decent hardware that you have more control over, rather than just rent it out under the mercy of someone else under a whole bunch of T&Cs.

My broadband connection is more than decent enough for streaming video, and my UHD 630 graphics are perfect for HD video, so I think I'd rather pay just £60 for a year's use of GeForce Now, with all the bells and whistles that come with paid use, instead of pumping more, like £160 for a graphics card, especially since I don't really intend to play any other AAA games. There might be some lag, but I never noticed any lag in the switch from CRT to LCD monitor, so GFN lag can't be much worse.

11 minutes ago, Foebane72 said:

My broadband connection is more than decent enough for streaming video, and my UHD 630 graphics are perfect for HD video, so I think I'd rather pay just £60 for a year's use of GeForce Now, with all the bells and whistles that come with paid use, instead of pumping more, like £160 for a graphics card, especially since I don't really intend to play any other AAA games. There might be some lag, but I never noticed any lag in the switch from CRT to LCD monitor, so GFN lag can't be much worse.

I'm very suspicious of this recent trend of companies pushing people towards subscription services, instead of selling them stuff that they then own and have more control over. I don't think that their desire to have people pay regularly for services that they can change on a whim is in our interests as customers.

27 minutes ago, NoXion said:

I'm very suspicious of this recent trend of companies pushing people towards subscription services, instead of selling them stuff that they then own and have more control over. I don't think that their desire to have people pay regularly for services that they can change on a whim is in our interests as customers.

I gave up buying Blu-rays a couple of years ago in favour of Google Play instead, and now I'm thinking that while the streaming from anywhere is handy, there's nothing to stop them from changing content I paid for. They've already upgraded one of my movies from HD to 4K.

8 minutes ago, BBQgiraffe said:

even if you can't run it normally someones going to make the game run on a potato after like 2 weeks max

I could barely get the game running on my UHD 630 graphics (integrated) if I left all the settings alone except for the screen resolution, which I turned down to 960x540. Yes, THAT low. It looks incredibly fuzzy, slows down in intense action, but it was still barely playable. And with only 8Gb of RAM, I wasn't even sure if it wouldn't crash on me at any time for "out of memory" errors, neither.

2 hours ago, Foebane72 said:

I gave up buying Blu-rays a couple of years ago in favour of Google Play instead, and now I'm thinking that while the streaming from anywhere is handy, there's nothing to stop them from changing content I paid for. They've already upgraded one of my movies from HD to 4K.

What the Lord Google giveth, the Lord Google can also taketh away. Well, not just Google, any provider can withdraw part or all of any service at any time, without notice. I don't understand how you can be so blasè about this, especially since it's common knowledge (or at least it should be) that it's just a matter of time until a subscription service ends up getting cancelled in the throw-away culture we currently live in.

I want something more permanent and stable than empty assurances from some profit-seeking entity that they will pinky-promise not to be grasping cunts.

Edited by NoXion

I have no plans to upgrade my PC so I'll just lower some settings and reduce the resolution size until I reach a consistent 60fps for a smooth (but chunkier) experience. I played Doom 2016 like this and I think I'll be fine for Eternal too.

13 minutes ago, NoXion said:

What the Lord Google giveth, the Lord Google can also taketh away. Well, not just Google, any provider can withdraw part or all of any service at any time, without notice. I don't understand how you can be so blasè about this, especially since it's common knowledge (or at least it should be) that it's just a matter of time until a subscription service ends up getting cancelled in the throw-away culture we currently live in.

I want something more permanent and stable than empty assurances from some profit-seeking entity that they will pinky-promise not to be grasping cunts.

I think there would be major uproar if Google just removed the service without warning, without a refund of any kind. At least, when BBC Store closed down a few years ago, they offered me a full refund for the purchases I recently made there.

On 1/28/2020 at 9:52 PM, Yourfacedotcom said:

I have the same CPU. I'm sure it will be fine.

I also have the same CPU I7-4790K 4.0GHz, with 32GB DDR3 RAM. I just updated my GPU from GTX970 Mini to GTX1660Ti Mini. It's going to run great on 1920x1080, I'm sure. :)

On 2/21/2020 at 5:10 PM, Foebane72 said:

I think there would be major uproar if Google just removed the service without warning, without a refund of any kind. At least, when BBC Store closed down a few years ago, they offered me a full refund for the purchases I recently made there.

Another problem is that services like GeForce Now can be crippled by publishers unwilling to play ball:

Bethesda follows Activision in pulling games from Nvidia’s GeForce Now

Doom 2016 is among the games removed from the service according to EuroGamer, so it's looking kind of dubious that Doom Eternal will be available.

This is exactly the kind of problem we get already with relying on services like Netflix, instead of possessing your own media. It gets worse with a whole bunch of competing services that you'll have to pay for, even if you just want to watch a handful of works from each of them.

1 hour ago, NoXion said:

Another problem is that services like GeForce Now can be crippled by publishers unwilling to play ball:

Bethesda follows Activision in pulling games from Nvidia’s GeForce Now

Doom 2016 is among the games removed from the service according to EuroGamer, so it's looking kind of dubious that Doom Eternal will be available.

This is exactly the kind of problem we get already with relying on services like Netflix, instead of possessing your own media. It gets worse with a whole bunch of competing services that you'll have to pay for, even if you just want to watch a handful of works from each of them.

Well, if GeForce Now won't be able to host it, there's always Google Stadia, but I have almost no info about the cost. Then again, £60 for GFN was rather steep for me as well as the £50 of the game itself. And the cost of a GTX 1650 Super AND the game combined (something like £210) is too much for a game that I just want to TRY before spending so much on it.

There is one more option: I went to my local Game store and it turns out they have a bunch of high-spec PCs in the back that host LAN parties, etc, and they said there was a possibility of playing Doom Eternal there, for a small amount per hour (like the Internet Cafes of old), and I wouldn't mind that, it would be a great way of trying the game. Availability would be an issue, especially soon after the release date, but I'm sure it would settle down after a while. I think that's my best (and cheapest) option, but I'll have to pay them another visit in the next few weeks to confirm all of this.

1 minute ago, Novaseer said:

Are we sure? Stadia's dying already.

Yep, time's flying with no announcements and noteworthy news.