Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

What are your hobbies?

8 hours ago, MINDDomkr said:

Wrong. It very much is a handicap because it comes with a shitload of comorbidities more often than not that cause undue suffering such as increased anxiety, OCD, etc. On top of that you'll probably have to take medication which gives you erectile dysfunction as well as having a low sex drive because of the autism.

Having a low sex drive isnt exactly a bad thing now that I think about it.

I prefer treating people that have autism as one of our own instead of treating them as different. I was merely complimenting instead of attacking.

8 hours ago, MINDDomkr said:

Nobody cares about the DOOM maps I make. But that's ok. Because nobody else here is likely famous or getting paid for their maps anyways. Eventually we'll die and they'll be erased from the internet forever.

I initially started mapping with the idea of having lots of people playing my maps and being famous in the Doom community but the reality is that nobody cares about SnapMap.

People care much more about DOOM 1 and 2 Wads then they care about SnapMaps.

If the bolded is your main motivation to make maps for Snapmap (Which is pretty epic!) then you will find yourself easily disappointed. You should not map for the fame it may bring you, but because you enjoy mapping in general. If people like them, then that's just a bonus.

But as a main motivator to do it? Oh heck no. That goes for many things.

I posted this list before.. now it's updated tho.

• Drawing / Painting - I don't do enough of this. I have some training in using oils and acrylics. All my art stuff is in a corner mess that I need to sort out. Also dabble in miniature painting but would like to get more skilled in doing those.
  • Cooking - Pretty damned good at making pizza, burgers, spaghetti sauce, bread, cookies and cooking roasts and stuff.
  • Game Level Design - Prefer making maps for Doom 2 (touched on Quake, Quake 2, Hexen, Hexen 2, Heretic 2, Half-Life, etc..) Also love making textures and doing some sprite work... good stuff.
  • Gaming - Somebody has to kill the demons, mirelurks and those damned shamblers.
  • Photography - Love photography, particularly landscapes and macro photography is fascinating.
  • Reading - I mostly read fantasy and sci-fi.
  • Collecting -  I collect hockey cards but cut back on that a lot. I collect comics but haven't done much of that in years... most of my collection is Conan the Barbarian and Savage Sword of Conan and olde Heavy Metal magazines.. Music on CD is my main collection and I probably have too many now.... over 1000 CD's for sure. 300 cassettes... about 100 vinyl including 45's.

My dead hobbies would be...

• D&D - I used to play D&D but haven't done that in many years. I'm still in the 1st edition era. haha.
  • Model Building - I also used to build plastic model kits. Mostly WWII military stuff like tanks, half-tracks and various planes. For some reason little bits of plastic are more expensive than I care to pay for.
  • Building bicycles - Used to be fun to take scavenged parts and put together a working bike. It was one of the main things I did when I was a kid. Those days are gone tho.

One thing I would like to get into and never tried is case modding.

I wish I was better at writing. I've started a few stories but I have this awful habit of re-reading everything I write over and over.... and then I get nowhere.

Doom 2 is my passion. I like doing videos of maps made by other people as well as maps that I made myself. I like taking walks (especially when it is cold outside) and I also like making friends with other people. 

Music is a big part of my life I guess. I've played guitar since I was about 8. I listen to everything from Rush to Thy Art is Murder and Suicide Silence, and basically everything in between lol. I enjoy lifting as well

I'm still in College and ROTC, so every now and then I get a bit too busy to do some of the shit I like lol but music and lifting are pretty constant. I've only recently started casually mapping again.

18 hours ago, PepsiBepsi said:

Music is a big part of my life I guess. I've played guitar since I was about 8. I listen to everything from Rush to Thy Art is Murder and Suicide Silence, and basically everything in between lol. I enjoy lifting as well

Don't tell me you're also 6'8 tall. Otherwise I would have thought if Peter Steele got resurrected... 

4 hours ago, spd7693 said:

Don't tell me you're also 6'8 tall. Otherwise I would have thought if Peter Steele got resurrected... 

Lmao I wish I could be that level of behemoth.

I adore diving and river trips by my boat. Every weekend I take supplies and go travelling. It's some kind of way to relax for me ater hard work week. I often buy new additionals for my hobby like diving suits, dive glasses. Next time I want to purchase water-proff walkie talkie. I've checked different reviews here about this idea and similar models. I hope I will find what I'm looking for.

Edited by mariopepper