Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MIND

How do I play WADs?

Guest MIND

Now hat I have GZDOOM and GZL all configured, I can finally play custom WADS. How is this done though? Do I just drag and drop the file or something?

You can just make a desktop shortcut for GZDoom, and then it's as simple as drag and dropping the .wad or .pk3 file onto the shortcut. Or drag and drop the map file onto the GZDoom application in the main directory, if you prefer to not have a desktop shortcut.

If you are aiming for just playing the IWADs aka (Doom or Doom 2), clicking gzdoom.exe is enough. Custom pwads need to either be loaded with the wad being dragged over the exe or loaded with an external file loader like ZDL.

@MINDDomkr I mean, after you choose your editor and get used to the quirks of it, it's a fun and relatively easy thing to do. There was a topic recently about what editor and tutorials to use, maybe check that out.

Guest MIND
3 minutes ago, tam said:

@MINDDomkr I mean, after you choose your editor and get used to the quirks of it, it's a fun and relatively easy thing to do. There was a topic recently about what editor and tutorials to use, maybe check that out.

But MUH ID TECH 7

5 minutes ago, MINDDomkr said:

How easy is Doom 1 and 2 to mod? I make Doom 2016 maps and have never tried any of the originals.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

I need a monster now.

1 minute ago, MINDDomkr said:

But MUH ID TECH 7

For perspective, I used to make maps for TF2 with Hammer. Doom's easier than that. It's very easy once you get the hang of it, ya just need a lotta patience at first.