Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

The 64 KB challenge (2 megawads completed and on Idgames!)

@Horus Glad you liked it! I think I might redo the final fight actually because in my opinion it's a little mindless. About the texturing, it started out looking really good, but as I slowly made progress in the map I had to keep deleting stuff until it got to how it looks now. It used to have transition textures, perfect alignment, that whole shebang, but alas, it was not meant to be.

Found another text bug(or how to name it?),looks like the text screen after finishing map30 has been not changed and its looks weird,because rest of text screens is changed

2 hours ago, D1m3 said:

Found another text bug(or how to name it?),looks like the text screen after finishing map30 has been not changed and its looks weird,because rest of text screens is changed

I thought that didn't need a new text for the end of game... Anyway, thanks for the fixed version of maps, I'll adding them to the main wad. Working on dehacked / map titles fixes too plus fixing other stuff.

Some quick updates of my maps following Suitepee's stream. This will be the final update unless something majorly gamebreaking comes up

Changelog (MAP 07): Added additional YK/RK door markers (lucky I had spare space on this map)

Changelog (MAP 13): Moved monster block lines to allow a clear path to the rad suit in the poison stair case area without infinite height issues. Fixed scrolling texture issue in crusher area plus some other minor texture changes in that area

Changelog (MAP 18): Moved the megasphere further forward in the final battle to reduce the chances of the player missing it when dropping down

horus_updated_64kb_maps_v2.zip

Here's an updated version of map25. Ammo is tighter and the final fight is slightly harder. Also the first archvile can now resurrect the shotgunners below.

MarmaladeMan.zip

@Walter confetti Minor quibble, but I actually noticed the word 'vermilion' was spelled with two l's in the set ('vermillion'). Could you drop one of the l's?

I am aware that most people don't give a flying duck, but it's one of those little things that bug me :P I actually even checked Google Ngram Viewer, and seems like history is on my side regarding how common the two spellings are in literature.

@Walter confetti I've changed one last thing (moved the berserk pack somewhere else, as noted from @Suitepee's stream and @Horus's feedback) and I'm now officially done messing around with this map! This is the absolute final version of it, sorry about posting this map like five times now. vengeance-final.zip

Going to post my updated maps later tomorrow. I hope this is okay.

also thanks for the reviews !

@Walter confetti I'm sorry that this slipped my mind. I actually had the revision done a few days ago.

Here is revision 1 of Shrine of Pain. The total size is 63.8 kB. The file is in map slot 16 to match where you had it in the compilation.

Changes:

• Converted opening lift to cover the whole front of the opening platform, in order to avoid being blocked by infinite height monsters.
  • Moved one chaingunner further away from start.
  • Deleted unused textures from linedefs that I missed deleting last time.
  • Added a secret.
  • Added some health on the central platform.

A brand new fixed version of limit-removing megawad is ready to go!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rs7fdj2f71govlu/32OF64-LR.zip/file

• All fixed maps from the original authors are present here!
  • MAP12 are been changed from boom to limit-removing port compatible, i've a minor changes in the map where needed
  • MAP32 is been modified by the feedback received, also changed imps with invisible marines
  • Added a CREDIT screen (added to the vanilla megwad too, just have to change the title graphics for that megawad)

Tell me if everything is ok here, thanks.

Not sure if anyone else pointed it out yet but the CREDITS screen in the LR wad is misaligned. It has an offset of 31 and 67 according to SLADE3.

Also in the vanilla wad, it appears that DEMO3 is de-synced. It shows the player running into walls and missing every shot.

EDIT: DEMO2 in LR wad is also de-synced by the looks of it. Player dies really early and demo runs for an extra minute.

Edited by Scorpius

Did a quick runthrough of LR MAP09 to make sure everything's fine, and it is! Thanks a bunch for getting it updated!

^^ Same, I also got the desync'd DEMO2 on LR. This was with PRBoom and PRBoom-Plus.

Hello,

perhaps out of lack of reason, but either way, we'll play the vanilla portion of the maps on Thursday Night Survival today.

Most maps have fairly low monster counts but we have our ways to make them more interesting and... painful for a large crowd of players. So hope you will come suffer with us (and enjoy it!) in your own maps! The session starts at 19:00 BST/14:00 EDT.

Oh boy, you'll have to suffer a lot!

Especially thinking that the majority of maps have only the 1 player spawn and that (probably) you'll find a lot of breaking paths in coop play....

Otherwise thanks for hosting this project!

@Keyboard_Doomer I definitely won't be able to join in the session, but do you stream / record them? Also I can say for my vanilla map (map 22 of the latest version) I only added 1 player spawn (so not sure if you have any way round that or if it means you just have to skip the map) and activating the switch by the berserk temporarily blocks off the door behind it (but blocked players come back into play once the yellow skull key is grabbed)

Luckily, just 1 player spawn is not an issue. Especially after the recent update that added the possibility to spawn into each other (without getting stuck). "Singleplayerisms" can be an annoyance but we have scripts to solve those so don't worry, we're ready!

And yes, at least part of the session is usually recorded. You'll find video links in the TNS thread later.

Hello again,

against the odds the vanilla portion turned out to be great fun on TNS, despite there occasionally being more players than monsters in a given map. So of course we're looking forward for the limit-removing portion today.

Just like last time, the session starts at 19:00 BST/14:00 EDT and you can expect it to be active for at least a few hours.

It seems nobody mentioned this one yet, so... this floor bug happened in vanilla version MAP17 around the final megasphere when I played in GZdoom 4.4.2:

Screenshot_Doom_20200626_212832.png.56efbe84864b7ae56cd63f8e33064243.png

Edited by Caleb13

Wait, is that sector still unclosed? I though that bug was fixed by @Philnemba long ago!

Anyway I'm fixing out some stuff like map bugs and other graphics work

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Wait, is that sector still unclosed? I though that bug was fixed by @Philnemba long ago!

@Walter confetti I did a quick run of my map on Zandronum just to make sure as I know I fixed a HOM issue months back and it looks fine to me @Caleb13 so maybe its a GZdoom issue or your playing an older version(?) as I only tested this map on Chocolate Doom, prboom+ & Zandronum.

Screenshot_583.png.99c4677a5fcdf5e87d9730885c637586.png

@Philnemba I have WAD version dated 12th April 2020 from the first post, maybe you fixed it in some later "insider" release? Or maybe Walter forgot to update the download link?

Edited by Caleb13

5 hours ago, Caleb13 said:

@Philnemba I have WAD version dated 12th April 2020 from the first post, maybe you fixed it in some later "insider" release? Or maybe Walter forgot to update the download link?

I tested it from the latest beta(beta v1.3).