Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

The 64 KB challenge (2 megawads completed and on Idgames!)

I can whip something up real quick, as long as you don't mind me having complete ownership of the secret levels. I don't want to hog them.

I've finished map31: "Inside My Brain." I hope it's weird enough. It's kind of hard on UV, but difficulties are implemented. I've tested all difficulties on chocolate doom with no problems.

imageedit__8819079471.png.d385f3091d25c6eef2b8b2fc577808fd.png

Inside the zip I've included music. For credit purposes, it's a midi version of "Valedictory" by Gentle Giant. Kind of a weird midi so I think it fits. I've also included the other two midis for my other two maps because I think when I sent them before they weren't in the right format. D_EVIL is for Inside My Brain, D_ULTIMA is for Elder Tree, and D_ADRIAN is for Marmalade Man. I also forgot to mention D_ULTIMA is from map23 of Sunlust and D_ADRIAN is from map24 of Sunlust.

InsideMyBrain.zip

Looks pretty interesting, Arbys550! You made this map at speed light! Added to the map list in OP, this evening I'll add this to the vanilla megawad I'm compiling...

@Super Mighty G what kind of map are you thinking to do that is not good for limit-removing? It could be something pretty complex, I guess...

9 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

@Super Mighty G what kind of map are you thinking to do that is not good for limit-removing? It could be something pretty complex, I guess...

What I mean is it would probably fall under vanilla and I don't know if there's room for any more vanilla maps.

2 hours ago, Super Mighty G said:

What I mean is it would probably fall under vanilla and I don't know if there's room for any more vanilla maps.

If this uses stuff like mikoportals or such trickery that works on vanilla, then it could be put in the vanilla section (inside the super-secret map slots MAP33 /MAP34 / MAP35), otherwise it will be added to the limit-removing portion (i'll add vanilla maps too!).

I can't figure out how to load the custom .deh file so I can use the custom monsters.

e1- Ah. I forgot to move the player 1 from the screenshot position in my episode 3 map transfer. Done now. :-Ð

Edited by NeedHealth

Just put the .deh file in your testing line prompt at the end of the command line, like this: -deh file.deh

At least worked for me in this way...

Thanks. I'll try that. Also doing some changes to my map transfers but nothing that warants a file name change however...

e1. Nah I just get error message D_DoomMainSetup can not find the the .deh file...

Edited by NeedHealth

Is it just me, or do none of the .rar files in the OP work? I can download them, but I can't extract anything. It just gives me this error.

Untitled.png

17 minutes ago, MissMelee said:

Is it just me, or do none of the .rar files in the OP work? I can download them, but I can't extract anything. It just gives me this error.

Worked fine for me

They're rar files? My pc (Windows 10) for some reason can't extract any rar files at all, but it can extract .zip or .7z. I'm not sure if this works, but try renaming the file to .zip and see if you can extract the .zip. I tried to download file 2 on my Mac and it extracts the file like it's supposed to. I think .zip is preferred over .rar for many reasons though.

10 hours ago, MissMelee said:

Is it just me, or do none of the .rar files in the OP work? I can download them, but I can't extract anything.

Works fine for me too!

Name: Vengeance

Music: Tides of War (Jeremy Doyle)

Format: Vanilla DOOM

Size: 64.0kb, hopefully.

Difficulty settings: Yes.

Map slot: MAP01.

vengeance.zip

Screenshot_Doom_20200214_175950.png.697fa0d475c25b827cbc1d006b356979.png

The first version of my previously teasered map.

Slot: MAP24

Name: Demonic Dusk

Format: Limit Removing.

Size: 64 kb

Music: None yet, but I'm planning to use E2M7 / E3M7 / E4M5 music from original Doom.

Link: dem_dusk.rar

Feel free to criticize! :D

P.S. There is a bug: in the red skull pool the blood does no damage.

Sure! Also yesterday I made some re-texturing works on my map "Too Gray?" and wrote up some stories for the ending text, miss only title graphics organized and I could release the vanilla megawad...

Also, is anybody wants to make a MAP30 for the newer episode? Otherwise, I have some ideas for a map...

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Also, is anybody wants to make a MAP30 for the newer episode? Otherwise, I have some ideas for a map...

This type of map is not my style. I don't know if it's what xD is looking for, I hope you like it. (My english is sad D':) 

Name: ThrougHell.wad

Music: Walter, I let him choose the midi :D

Format: Limit removing

Size: 61.62kb

Difficulty settings: Yes.

Map slot: MAP30.

LInk WAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m3n09xxobwsxhdq/ThrougHell_.wad/file

DPPwq2C.png

I guess when the main set of levels is done, someone would eventually ask a question of what to do with the leftover maps (specifically, E1M1 of Doom and E1M1 of Heretic). I think you can also make Ultimate Doom 64 kb and Heretic 64 kb sets. It can be either one episode or full game (4 episodes in Doom case and 5 episodes in Heretic case). If it's neither, then it's okay. :)

Cool, going to add the new maps to the map list!

Also, i've played your maps and here's what i have to say:

@GhostPlayer really good map, lots of cool trickery and fun gameplay, but why there's not a Icon of Sin here? If possible, i'd like to have a icon of sin battle here... otherwise it will be used as a normal map...

@BloodNBrain (i can't tag you for some unknown reasons): cool first map, even if there's some problem like the unlowered DOORTRAK textures, overall pretty nice maps!

2 hours ago, DukeOfDoom said:

I guess when the main set of levels is done, someone would eventually ask a question of what to do with the leftover maps (specifically, E1M1 of Doom and E1M1 of Heretic). I think you can also make Ultimate Doom 64 kb and Heretic 64 kb sets. It can be either one episode or full game (4 episodes in Doom case and 5 episodes in Heretic case). If it's neither, then it's okay. :)

Uh, for now i just thinking to put them as a standalone release (at least for the heretic map, since the doom leftover can become a bonus MAP33 for the limit-removing megawad we're making now), but a idea of a heretic episode tempt me...

3 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Cool, going to add the new maps to the map list!

Also, i've played your maps and here's what i have to say:

@GhostPlayer really good map, lots of cool trickery and fun gameplay

Sounds like the perfect Map 30 to me :P there’s enough IoS maps out there in my opinion