Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Contmotore

UAC crate font?

Question

It has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find it.

I'm looking for a good replacement font for those UAC crates.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170103124855

Found this one, but maybe there's a more "official one" out there?

Any tips?

5 answers to this question

I'm not sure what you're asking. They are not a font, it's just the texture. To have a different font there you're going to have to draw it on yourself, although you're going to have difficulty with any other font because there are not enough pixels there to work with unless you scale up the texture first and then scale it back down after, using TEXTURES lump.

I think the request is for a replica font; a typeface that matches the crate letters so new crates with different markings can be created.

I don't think anything official exists since it was most likely hand-drawn to begin with. The font you found seems like a close enough approximation that it should scale down well, assuming I'm right about your intentions.

While I did not use the font you linked to, I did the following:

First of all I edited the crate texture to eliminate the UAC logo.

Then I made a 128x128 transparent texture and overlayed the text.

In the editor (UDMF) I placed a linedef in front of the crate and scaled the text to fit.

iY4Y3Hf.png

IMz8s9c.jpg

That makes it relatively easy to attach logos and labels.

Results may vary by quality and font.

Edited by Kappes Buur

13 hours ago, JadingTsunami said:

I think the request is for a replica font; a typeface that matches the crate letters so new crates with different markings can be created.

I don't think anything official exists since it was most likely hand-drawn to begin with. The font you found seems like a close enough approximation that it should scale down well, assuming I'm right about your intentions.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Sorry if it wasn't clear enough.

@Kappes Buur I wanted to replace the letters with my own, with the same kind of font so it wouldn't be too obvious that the crates were changed. But I like what you've made as well. ;)

I ended up editing the pixels anyways. Even with a good replica font, when scaling down you still have to edit the pixels to make it look right.