Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asking4Id

Why won't enemies attack?

Question

So this is a question from a newbie who's just started using Doom Builder 2 (fooling around with it really). When I place enemies, save, and then play the wad, everything seems fine until enemies move around. Then it becomes clear they won't fire back. They just walk around. What can the reason be? Tested my custom wad with Doom 1 as base. Used Doom editor within Doom Builder 2. Played the custom wad on Crispy Doom.

6 answers to this question

That sounds like it's not building REJECT (precomputed line-of-sight data), so enemies never think they have line-of-sight to you. It works fine for me with stock Doom Builder 2. Press F6 > select game > Nodebuilder. Mine uses the default ZenNode setup. Did you change that part?

I don't know what might be the problem, but there may be a possibility that you put them as being friendly. It's probably not the case, but it's another reason why monsters won't be able to attack.

Also make sure they have room to move around. I noticed monsters will constantly move and change direction and hardly ever attack if they are in a tightly enclosed area.