Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xindage

two maps for a possible future wad "Himdoom"

Months ago i've decided to try doing something like the switchroom but instead mixing the layout and themes of doom, I decided to use the heretic episodes instead.
So basically these maps are for ultimate doom and is similar to heretic maps but keeping the doom theme.
So far i have 2 maps and I'm looking for feedback.
E1M1 - Heretic Layout, but based on the theme of doom e1m1.
E1M8 - Same as above but for e1m8.

These maps have a dificult around the moderate level, expect demons in e1m1 and cacodemons and lost souls in e1m8.
Screenshots E1M1:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200127_211228.png.a35f149ad526178c856f33eefc012e9f.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200127_211309.png.82b6dcdff91fd50b1c3707ea2dae7993.png

Screenshots E1M8:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200127_211615.png.c37356f176b466548bba0ae725a0da2e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200127_211641.png.3542bbec2e17cdc8e1f0bf41f01e271b.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200127_211820.png.2c948583722141154168325ad508badf.png

I hope that I suceed in giving some dejavu of both ultimate doom and heretic to you guys, depending on the feedback I can finish at least the episode 1.
Both wads are on the zip, sorry my bad english and have fun! (Heretic in my doom) Himdoom.zip

Maps are vanilla based but i havent tested them in chocolate, it still may run fine on boom or crispy doom.

Edited by Xindage

A fusion of Knee Deep In The Dead and City Of The Damned. At first I thought this was just going to be a rush job, slapping doom textures over a Heretic level. Glad I did play this though. Imagine both Hanger fusing with Docks. You get this. It's a wonderful blend of the two maps and I do say it looks brilliant!

One small, nit-picky detail I wanna mention: E1M8 of DooM didn't have spectres on HMP. :P (I can overlook this though as I love what you did <3).

Really cool and interesting maps, even if lot of things are changed from the original levels! It have even more radical changes than the Switcheretic project by shadesmaster, but the layout is more similar to Romero original design! I liked it!

maybe if i fell like continuing it, i would like to actually push up the engine/iwad requiriments like:
Keeping the maps vanilla, or at least limit removing. BUT i intend to move it for doom2, so maps will be in mapxx order, so to make everything working right i'll need a custom mapinfo, i'm not sure if prboom support mapinfo (i've hear about umapinfo but i'm not sure if it's ready or not) so i should say that i'll push this into odamex or an advanced engine to play the mod in the intended way.
Why moving to doom2? I like ultimate doom but it has his downs too. for example when i'm playing ultimate doom mappacks the first thing that comes in my mind when i see a baron of hell is, Do i have my bfg? if not, rockets or plasma? these badass are anyoing and just tank as well so with doom2 in game we can have a more variety of bestiary (and the balanced hell knight) and still be playble with some of the most used zdoom mods packs, because i dont want to add custon stuffs aside than music, mapinfo and textures (porting doom1 textures for doom2).
And if someone still want a vanilla experience odamex can emulate it perfect while allowing me to use mapinfo definitions for me map play correctly.

Ex: 666 boss triggers in map08, sky textures in map10, secret maps as map09 18 27 36

But my real future plan is having something "solid" to start a community project, like at least one full playable set of maps, like at least 5-9 maps as a proof of concept.