Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Pistol Gone?

Fun fact, Doom was never supposed to have a pistol in the first place. The original starting weapon was supposed to have been a rifle anyways. The actual Doom Marine sprite even had a rifle.

42 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

A staple that no one ever used. 

What about for sniping weaker enemies? Also, mods that enhance the pistol exist. This is for classic Doom.

For Doom 3, it's used against weaker enemies like zombies if there's a group and you don't want to risk having to use the fist.

For Doom 4 there's the charge upgrade for it.

57 minutes ago, Nevander said:

Well, add this to the list of things I dislike. Doom has always had a pistol.

that gets discarded in seconds... for the actual staple weapon, The Shotgun

The basic bitch pistol with no upgrades served almost no functions whatsoever with the exception of zombie control and blasting the occasional imp in the face with the charged shot. It won't be missed by me.

The hate for this game is unreal. Even whining about a useless pistol. Yeah, pistol is sick for clearing an arena  full of imps and heavies. Not

and here i am extremely frustrated there are still 8 weeks to go

2 hours ago, Urdak5891 said:

The hate for this game is unreal. Even whining about a useless pistol. Yeah, pistol is sick for clearing an arena  full of imps and heavies. Not

and here i am extremely frustrated there are still 8 weeks to go

This isn't a hate post. I'm just surprised the pistol is gone, unless they'll add it during release.

3 hours ago, The Strife Commando said:

This isn't a hate post. I'm just surprised the pistol is gone, unless they'll add it during release.

No problem, not you as such but someone said 'another thing i dont like' making it seem like he / she doesn't like eternal already and this insignificant change makes it so much worse.

plus it isn't confirmed anyways

It reminds me too much when everyone thought the pistol wasn't going to be present in Doom 2016 and... it was there in the final release.

Tell me, if anyone is brave enough, even you "pistol start" junkies; do you REALLY use the pistol once you get both the chaingun and shotty? 

I'm going to bet no. In fact, if anyone can speedrun through UV or Nightmare through any wad with pistol only, please show us. It can't be a tool-assisted speedrun.

16 hours ago, warman2012 said:

Fun fact, Doom was never supposed to have a pistol in the first place. The original starting weapon was supposed to have been a rifle anyways. The actual Doom Marine sprite even had a rifle.

I didn't know this! Makes sense though. And makes me feel better about planning to replace the pistol with a weak sniper rifle in a mod.

43 minutes ago, warman2012 said:

Tell me, if anyone is brave enough, even you "pistol start" junkies; do you REALLY use the pistol once you get both the chaingun and shotty? 

I'm going to bet no. In fact, if anyone can speedrun through UV or Nightmare through any wad with pistol only, please show us. It can't be a tool-assisted speedrun.

Killing an Icon of Sin with a pistol: Doom 2 map 30

18 minutes ago, Immorpher said:

I didn't know this! Makes sense though. And makes me feel better about planning to replace the pistol with a weak sniper rifle in a mod.

There is a mod, Doom Delta, which acts as a "what if" regarding original beta elements if they had been put into the final game. 

The pistol is pretty weak and you only use it for like 3 kills until you get a shotgun, So it's kinda not even needed at all

29 minutes ago, Gerardo194 said:

Killing an Icon of Sin with a pistol: Doom 2 map 30

#1. Is that even possible without cheats?

#2 Video or it didn't happen.

2 minutes ago, BBQgiraffe said:

the pistol is like Internet Explorer, everyone uses it for 5 minutes but only to get a better version

This I cannot tell a lie. Tis the truth.

If there's no pistol in Doom Eternal, which weapon do you use when you run out of ammo?

3 minutes ago, igg said:

If there's no pistol in Doom Eternal, which weapon do you use when you run out of ammo?

Your Duum 5000 lightsabuh of DESTRUCTION!!! How do you think he fought in Hell all those years with no access to guns or ammo?

2 hours ago, igg said:

Presumably they've scattered enough chainsaw ammo around for you to get more ammo. Also, if you're running low in 2016 I think demons drop little bits of ammo anyway.