Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rellik

What do players want in a DM server? Setup questions inside!

Okay I'm setting up a computer that'll be a dedicated Legacy DM server. The computers a 200MMX with 256 meg ram and and a DSL connection.

Now what do players preffer as far as levels go, what the settings should be (respawning weapons, gravity, etc.)?

Does it matter how I set up the server? As in, should it be at the lowest detail settings in software mode to make it run as fast as possible?

Any tips or advice you could give (besides "set up a ZDaemon server you twat!") would be great. I have no idea what I'm doing. It's so fun. :)

Legacy, I think, is only good for closer distance play, because it slows down instead of using client prediction (which still produces crappy play whem ping high but at least lets you feel you're moving around.)

Weapons stay, All items respawn, mapcycle that doesn't suck.

Map01 is good, map07 is good, map11 is good... bleh.

For some reason when I try to run MAP01 on the MMX it kicks 80% of people. Other maps seem fine and MAP01 works fine on my 1ghz... ah well. All these coders are working hard for something that I can play for free. I won't complain... too much. :p

Zdaemon 1.0 will be out soon, in approximately a month. Hopefully the problem will be fixed.

My fav settings for a server are oldschool settings. dmflags 726020 would do ;)

999cop said:

Zdaemon 1.0 will be out soon, in approximately a month. Hopefully the problem will be fixed.

are you sure?... :)
I hope so

Well some times im the mood for monsters and others im not. If you have monsters dont let them respawn cuz most of the time after killing them one. They just get in the way. All so I love 10-14 player matches so veary open maps are the best