Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Morpheus666

Should there be another game after Eternal?

I was wondering what people were thinking, IMO a 3 game trilogy reboot to the series would be very fitting, However i do believe that there is a strong possibility that Eternal might be the ending to the Reboot games, (Don't quote me on that) 

6 minutes ago, Morpheus666 said:

I was wondering what people were thinking, IMO a 3 game trilogy reboot to the series would be very fitting, However i do believe that there is a strong possibility that Eternal might be the ending to the Reboot games, (Don't quote me on that) 

I really hope for a full prequel about the beginning of the Doom Slayer story (from his birth to imprisonment in the tomb)

Anything that's successful will get sequels until it stops working usually. For Doom I don't know since the gap between Doom 3 and 2016 was substantial even though Doom 3 was generally successful as far as I know.

It can depend on what ideas they have left as well.

If there is a last game or expansion, they'd probably see what hasn't been done yet just to take advantage of it and make it happen.

I bet there will be a Doom 6.  I also hope for tons of campaign DLC in the mean time while we wait.

3 hours ago, Uter Lokales said:

I really hope for a full prequel about the beginning of the Doom Slayer story (from his birth to imprisonment in the tomb)

Man, I really like that idea, imagine a prequel not only about the Doom Slayer but also about the origins of the Night Sentinels and Argent D'Nur in general.

I have a sneaking suspicion that post Eternal, we're going to either see expansion/ DLC material, or a spinoff like what happens with the Wolfenstien games (Old Blood followed TNO, Youngblood followed TNC). Not to say we'll never get a full on sequel, but I would think that the team at iD would want to experiment a tad after several years of straight up Doom. 

Just a guess mind. At this point it's obviously way, way , WAY too early to say much, given that Eternal hasn't even dropped yet. 

I'd love more Doom, but honestly I'd rather id take a bit of a break on Doom after Eternal just to let more new ideas ruminate in their minds for a bit longer, let the creativity build back up, and in the meantime I'd love for their next project to be a return to Singleplayer Quake.

I wanna see what current id could do with Quake 1's world.

7 minutes ago, The Civ said:

I'd love more Doom, but honestly I'd rather id take a bit of a break on Doom after Eternal just to let more new ideas ruminate in their minds for a bit longer, let the creativity build back up, and in the meantime I'd love for their next project to be a return to Singleplayer Quake.

I second this! QUAKE REBOOT PLS!!

Would be cool but this game already looks massive. I can't even imagine what they have planned for the DLC stuff

6 hours ago, Uter Lokales said:

Wait for Quake reboot then. (And so it seems to be possible from some point)

Obviously we all love Doom here but I feel it's really about time for a single-player Quake 1 reboot. Would be interesting to see how they could flesh out the game's concepts. Cause the original was pretty much cobbled-together thematically. 

However, given how passionate id seems about the IP and how well it's doing financially & critically, they'll most likely just continue with the Doom franchise.

8 hours ago, thewormofautumn said:

Yes. A Quake reboot.

They could even use colors other than brown. 

Edited by Super Mighty G

Also, while Doom is Mick Gordon's domain, I would love if they could get Trent back for another Quake soundtrack, should they return to the series.

Imagine the dynamic soundtrack tech working with Trent's music. Going from the soft, eerie, atmospheric tracks of Quake 1, into hard hitting NIN bangers during combat.

13 hours ago, The Civ said:

^This. id should take a break from Doom after they are done with updates and DLCs of Doom Eternal. A singleplayer Quake 1 sequel is something that fans have been asking for a long time.

I can do without this whole overpowered god fantasy, but I highly expect a couple more expansions, DLCs...etc to follow given how well the games are selling.

4 hours ago, The Civ said:

Also, while Doom is Mick Gordon's domain, I would love if they could get Trent back for another Quake soundtrack, should they return to the series.

I don't think id Software is ever going to work again with NIN, especially after their experience with Trent during Doom 3s development. 

NIN has a very bad reputation for reliability. At a festival in Interlaken they ran off the stage at the first drop of rain, left their equipment on stage and then complained that 1 hour later the staff of a follow-up band had allegedly damaged things on their guitars that were still lying around. Pussies.

2 hours ago, igg said:

I don't think id Software is ever going to work again with NIN, especially after their experience with Trent during Doom 3s development. 

NIN has a very bad reputation for reliability. At a festival in Interlaken they ran off the stage at the first drop of rain, left their equipment on stage and then complained that 1 hour later the staff of a follow-up band had allegedly damaged things on their guitars that were still lying around. Pussies.

Haha! That's fucked up but hilarious in a way! Back in the 90's they (Trent and his touring band) used to always look dirty when they were on stage. Just look at Woodstock '94. That stage was a mudfest when they played (same when Greenday played though later in their set).

Yeah, i'm thinking that id will probably do something with Quake next, whether it's a reboot or a sequel. I'm guessing reboot. Hell, i'd be happy if they actually fixed the older Quake versions that are currently for sale on digital storefronts. Those are missing the soundtracks and obviously don't run without a source port (well they might run but not very good). I'm so sick of companies just dumping old games online for sale with nothing done to them...but that's a discussion for another time and topic.

Definitely, but not in the foreseeable future.

Since Eternal will be so big and will also be expanded upon with DLCs, it will be more than enough new Doom for a while.

I loved 2016 and I'm 100% sure Eternal will kick ass. But come on. I mean of course there will be another one but I hope not right after Eternal. Put the DOOM franchise on hold for a while and make a Quake reboot! ! ! Pleeeeease iD make my dreams come true and make a new Quake game! ! ! Use everything you learned in these last DOOM games and make a dark, gritty and fastpaced shooter! ! ! Just imagine what the guys at iD can do with another Singleplayer Quake game.   

Depends on Eternals success. And of course also whether id Software is going to finish the story or not. Maybe we'll meet the real villain after the final boss fight? Maybe you kill Hayden and his last words are "I told you I'm not the villain of this story"?