Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr.S Retro

I beat doom 1 for the first time

13 minutes ago, Dr. Toboggan said:

Nice OP. I was in the same boat a couple weeks ago, brutal doom my first run-through. I heard afterwords that the "gentleman's" way of playing was on ultra-violence vanilla with no mouse look, so went back and did that. It surprised me how much of a cakewalk it honestly was after completing brutal doom.. Still a blast though. You should give it a shot.

now try nightmare vanilla with no mlook

22 minutes ago, cambreaKer said:

Oh cool, I didnt realize you were a NM runner; can I see some demos of your NM runs?

1 minute ago, Fonze said:

Oh cool, I didnt realize you were a NM runner; can I see some demos of your NM runs?

what? i didn't say that i'm a nm runner, i just suggested you to try beating the game with nm difficulty

But why would you suggest it? Nightmare mode is for runners who have memorised the maps.

If someone wants challenge, go for Plutonia on UV :D

3 hours ago, cambreaKer said:

I ground through E1 not too bad, but E2 and E3 are pretty absurd... and I can't even imagine E4M1 and E4M2 on nm. The respawn changes everything

9 hours ago, Oppo1021 said:

The unnecessary buttons are for other mods like RLA and prodoomer. You can't remove buttons on a 1 mod and load up another with the buttons there so there are useless buttons on mods that require less buttons.

IIRC different GZDoom versions have different touchscreen config.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:17 AM, Oppo1021 said:

this was my first time BEATING the game NOT PLAYING IT. I have played doom for 2 years now but I completed it 2 days ago

I see. Please forgive my dickism, although mentioning this in the first post would be helpful to new viewers of the thread. I definitely suggest beating it vanilla too though!

On 2/1/2020 at 2:25 AM, jazzmaster9 said:

Good for you. Still doesnt excuse being a gatekeeper pushing the ""right"", way to play Doom. 

Sorry to tell you but modding is just as part of Doom's DNA as the IWADs  based content themeselves.

You're not being censored, we are doing the same thing you are buddy. Giving opinions.

hahaha you tried to tear me to the ground by assuming i was 15yrs old or something , hopefully you are not older than me , if not you are acting like a child . 

Modding is a thing since the game was released..... destroying the meta of the game is something totally different .

You are trying to tell me what i should or shouldn't say ,you and the other guy started calling me "gatekeeper" for asking a question , i never said something wrong , or insulting to OP , i just asked a question.

40 minutes ago, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

You are trying to tell me what i should or shouldn't say ,you and the other guy started calling me "gatekeeper" for asking a question , i never said something wrong , or insulting to OP , i just asked a question.

No we're not. We are giving our opinion just like you are. Try again.

Sorry to say but no one is the authority in playing Doom the "right" way.

4 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

No we're not. We are giving our opinion just like you are. Try again.

Sorry to say but no one is the authority in playing Doom the "right" way.

Wrong. The "right" way to play Doom is on a TI-83 Plus calculator. Everyone knows this.

On 1/31/2020 at 2:17 PM, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

"thanks" to brutal doom they added glory kills to doom 2016 

Glory kills were going to be in DOOM 4 (or Call of Doom), ID came up with them way before BD

Just out of curiosity, have you beaten Doom 2 since this, or any of the other legendary classic campaigns like Scythe and Memento Mori?

12 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Just out of curiosity, have you beaten Doom 2 since this, or any of the other legendary classic campaigns like Scythe and Memento Mori?

I have beaten baculus but other than that no other wads(not even doom2) can grab my attention and make me want to play them all the way through.