Find results in...
Linguica

IGN First Look stuff

w/ Hugo Martin

The audio is a bit off

Nothing really new. A bit detailed with commentary from Hugo

and we get to see Slayer's rage-quit-punching-bag-stone at 12:14 

10 hours ago, Super Mighty G said:

You can turn extra lives OFF? Shit, how can you complain about that level of customization? 

It's just turning off their HUD counter, not the actual mechanic itself.

8 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

It's just turning off their HUD counter, not the actual mechanic itself.

No, there's an option for extra lives themselves in the game section, they were just talking about it when in the UI section.

2 hours ago, Zemini said:

At about 825 we see some new places.  Might be hell or it might be another Hell Barge.

I think that's the massive pillar thing we see in the IGN Hell on Earth footage, because in the HoE footage there's a mission to "interrupt the Deagic Council" and later in this clip you emerge next to two Hell Priests.

I know this is a bit unrelated, but I had a dream where in the second half of the game, you know, the stuff we haven't seen yet, the game suddenly becomes extremely Lovecraftian, taking inspiration from Quake 1, as the Slayer begins to hop through dimensions. This is highly unlikely to happen, but I thought it was an interesting idea, I mean, you could easily combine the Quake and Doom universes through the use of Slipgates, which are referenced in Doom Eternal, from what we know.

19 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

I know this is a bit unrelated, but I had a dream where in the second half of the game, you know, the stuff we haven't seen yet, the game suddenly becomes extremely Lovecraftian, taking inspiration from Quake 1, as the Slayer begins to hop through dimensions. This is highly unlikely to happen, but I thought it was an interesting idea, I mean, you could easily combine the Quake and Doom universes through the use of Slipgates, which are referenced in Doom Eternal, from what we know.

I also had a dream today where I was fighting a Cyberdemon (Tyrant in this case) with my rocket launcher but it was too hard to kill until the Unmaykr turned up in my hands and could be able to kiil him...

IGN just released some new gameplay of the Cultist Base Master Level. I really like the idea behind remixing the enemy encounters to create almost entirely new levels, as it seems it will add a lot of replayability to an already massive game.

Shame the video didn't show us any Crucible Blade gameplay, even though you can see the icon for it in the bottom right.

3 hours ago, Kristian Nebula said:

So it's pretty much confirmed at the beginning that alternate skins will show up in 3rd person cutscenes.  It looks so sick!

Upper limit is now 1000 FPS, god damn. Apparently they have pushed 400 FPS internally. Casual mention of possible "global illumination" down the line and coy references to next-gen console features makes me confident that raytracing is coming to idtech 7 sooner or later.

33 minutes ago, Linguica said:

Casual mention of possible "global illumination" down the line and coy references to next-gen console features makes me confident that raytracing is coming to idtech 7 sooner or later. 

Marty said in this DF interview that the tech team has recently started looking into it

Plus, Wolfenstein Youngblood (which runs on Id Tech 6) added ray-traced reflections and DLSS last month, so they have something to work off of.