Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eharper256

Walpurgis- 0.99 (For Doom, Heretic, Hexen) [NEW RELEASE!!!]

In the end, it's easier for me to do it myself again, than to explain all the nuances to you. Just look for the nice compromise of decals between their absence and their excessive and unnatural presence.

43 minutes ago, eharper256 said:

Do you have any idea how insulting that is? (sigh)

I really have no idea what you're talking about? I try not to touch the issue of balance, because there is no perfect game balance anywhere.

Of course, I can evaluate a some option, such as a specific WAD, at a certain level of difficulty in accordance with only myself skill. But even this will take much longer. First of all, I pay attention to aesthetics, for me this is a priority.

By the way, what food looks like and how it tastes, these are completely different things. And expensive books for shelves as decoration, it is quite natural and relevant. :)

P.S. I write only because the mod is of some interest for me. But if you don't like it, I don't have to write anything at all.

10 hours ago, Doomenator said:

By the way, what food looks like and how it tastes, these are completely different things. And expensive books for shelves as decoration, it is quite natural and relevant. :)

P.S. I write only because the mod is of some interest for me. But if you don't like it, I don't have to write anything at all.

I don't even know what to say to that. The taste and look is not the issue here; it would be how lacking in politeness it would be to come into a place, insult the food, and then leave. You just don't do that. And as a big reader, the idea of decorative books annoys the hell out of me. All stories should be loved and read.

What I'm saying is: every single comment you've made is: "this sucks/this could be better/this isn't what I'd do/you're wrong/I'll change it myself". And its always about the decals. It is pointless. Give some constructive criticism. You even first played it in February. And yet, no opinions of gameplay. Not one. You're saying that in over six months, you still can't evaluate the mod as a whole? That you've not completed even a single Megawad or something? Really? REALLY?

No, I don't like it. And no, you don't have to write anything. So if you don't want to, don't. Holding comments hostage is deplorable as well.

8 hours ago, eharper256 said:

And as a big reader, the idea of decorative books annoys the hell out of me. All stories should be loved and read.

For reading, you can use a PocketBook, iPad or computer, after all, the 21st century has already come. )

What I'm saying is: every single comment you've made is: "this sucks/this could be better/this isn't what I'd do/you're wrong/I'll change it myself".

Exactly. I write about the shortcomings that are noticeable at first glance and that it is desirable to correct.

You're saying that in over six months, you still can't evaluate the mod as a whole? That you've not completed even a single Megawad or something? Really? REALLY?

Really. But what do you want from me? "As a whole" it means like mod or not. So I already put "Like".  

I completed a couple of levels, looked at the classes and I don't plan to play Megawad.

If you want something more than notes about decals or sprites, gather a team of beta testers. )

So at the request of the mod maker at the gzdoom forums, I made a video playing as Baratus on one of my favorite SP maps ever made for doom.

Enjoy!

One of the main features I'm working on for the 0.91 release is making the bosses of Doom, Hexen, and Heretic less squishy to the class ultimate weapons and to have more interesting mechanics!

To that end, here's the first look at that: a revision of Menelkir, the Mage Lord boss in Hexen. He's now styled to be a lightning master!

This is the first revision, so it still needs some tweaking (I wasn't expecting him to die so quick to Firestorms lol), but its a nice start.

So here's a quick; but VERY important question for everyone that will determine some of the future focus of the mod:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
For Monsters... Would you

A) Prefer that Walpurgis offers its entire own bestiary.

B) Prefer that Walpurgis stays open to other custom monster mods.

EDIT: Poll's closed, with Option A the victor!
At the moment, other monster mods work fine if loaded after Walpurgis, and all you lose in the deal is some of the unique death and pain methods. However, the more unique bosses and monsters I add, the more you lose in that deal.

Regardless of what happens, I will include a CVAR toggle eventually to flat out revert to the Vanilla bestiary.
So if we go with option A, this will be the main way in the future to use custom monster mods, switch mine off and use whatever you like instead.
If we go with B, I will only make a handful of uniques, and instead make it so everyone's suggested monster mods intergrate perfectly, so they get unique deaths and other effects from this mod, and even become extended to cover Heretic and Hexen, rather than disabling them.

In the latter option, Colorful Hell, Brutal Doom Monsters Only and VDP Monster Randomiser are the most likely suspects to made fully compatible. Shades of Doom could also be an option, though its meant to be vanilla. If you use something else, mention it.

And yes, you can only pick one. Sorry.

Edited by eharper256

Here's another video of Menelkir in a more revised form, and being fought in his natural habitat (Hexen Map 27) rather than my test map. The close confines of his boss chamber are what makes his original fight tough (assuming you don't spam him to death with Wraithverge or Bloodscourge, which is the typical strat lol); and its no exception in his revised form.

His old fireworks attack with the invincibility frames has now changed to considerably more deadly shockwaves which are downright nasty in the small space if they corner you (handily enough, you can leap over the worst of the damage, lending this fight into a frenzied move rush).

He may still get extra sprite work and slight tweaks; but he's looking quite decent now.

Here's the preliminary version of Zedek; the leader of the Legion. In many ways the opposite of how Menelkir behaves (all of Menelkir's attacks make you back away and shift around), Zedek is constantly up in your face, trying to remodel it with his Hammer of Retribution. XD

I think I need to tone down his 'raaghs' a bit, but he's looking pretty good so far. As you can tell, he finishes me with a sparta-kick off the top for style points (lol).

In other news; I've been starting on customising other parts of the bestiary; already we have some new fireball sprites (for Imps and Chaos Serpents), and I finally got around to removing the hitscan from Doom Zombies in favour of Tracer based attacks. I've also been re-balancing and re-jigging a few weapons based on people's (and my own) feedback. Among other things, the Crux Calicus primary fire is now souped up, and the Quietus Torpedo charges much quicker and no longer explodes in your face.

Here's the final one of the three Deathkings; Archbishop Tradactus; who is now a more fancy Bishop with blue and white robes.

Like his subordinates, he flies, and main attack is a more deadly double-version of their streaming fire. But the main problem here is him poking in and out of his little warrens, speeding around, and freely summoning more wraiths and bishops to try and dogpile you.

You can also see some other changes for 0.91 in this video. Notably; the Crux Calicus primary fire has been given a big touch-up in graphical and audio department; as well as a slight damage boost. Secondly, a long requested feature: the Torch item is active here and it now works using proper flickering yellow dynamic lights!

Let me know what you all think!

Me failing miserably as the Walpurgis Druid at the most recent DBP megawad (DBP29), which involves gloomy autumnal environs.

Besides displaying my incompetence with modern wad difficulties, this serves as a showcase for some of the new effects that are being added to the Doom Bestiary when you play with Walpurgis on: Zombies are no longer hitscanners, Imps and Barons have awesome looking projectiles, and so on. The eyecandy is getting a fair bit of extra treatment for the 0.91 version!

Get DBP29 here:

Here's a new video!

One of the parts of 0.9 I wasn't terribly happy about when I released it was how the Ichival, the Druid's Ultimate Weapon, turned out at the time... it wasn't terribly 'ultimate', as a few people pointed out (and I agreed).

After now having had time to review it and upgrade it to my heart's content with less time pressure of wanting to throw out the first Druid release, its had a huge overhaul- the old Secondary and Tertiary Fires are completely gone, with new replacements: The Artillery Arrow, and the Bouncing Blazer.

Each mode now has unique additions to its sprite. The Primary Fire also now also zooms in and slows down time to help you snipe when you hold it, and gained more power and a cheaper cost too.

This demo shows a quick run of Doom's E4M1 and the start of E4M2 to test it out, as well as a full fire-mode tester in the latter part of the video to compare its new capabilities. As a bonus side effect, if you keep your eyes peeled, you can see the various new projectiles Doom Monsters have, as well as the new Armour Bundles!

Barring major problems, I expect to get 0.91 out this weekend or maybe next.

Here's the 0.91 Release!!

Get it from MEGA HERE

Or from GoogleDrive here

Most recent changelog

Spoiler

[0.91]
'Stop Bossing Me Around'
-----------------------
+New!:    The Deathkings, the humanoid bosses of Hexen, get an entire rework;
        to make them more interesting to fight.
        ~ Menelkir is now a Lightning Master who can unleash plasma balls,
        ~ trails of seeking plasma, tendrils of lightning, and huge, devastating
        ~ shockwaves. He blinks around when wounded to evade hits.
        [ Zedek IS IN YOUR FACE, remodelling it with his Hammer of Retribution.
        [ He's really fast at closing distance and slippery, with good HP,
        [ and is very deadly if he can corner you in melee.
        + Tradactus is now a fast, flying Super-Bishop. He zips around his
        + warrens, pelting you with attacks, whilst constantly summoning
        + Lesser Bishops and Reivers to dogpile you.
+New!:    Imps, Both Chaos Serpents, Barons/Knights, Revenants and Caco's all
        get revised projectiles with improved looks and less random damage.
        This especially helps with fighting mid and higher tier Doom enemies in
        Walpurgis, leading to less instagibs for the poor Magister and Druid
        from 80 damage Revenant missiles and other such RNG related craziness,
        which are alot more deadly when your Armour save fluctuates heavily,
        as it does in Walp, but does not in Doom.
+New!:    Doom Zombies are no longer hitscanners. Been meaning to do this for awhile,
        they now fire tracer projectiles. Basic Zombiedudes are probably mildly
        more dangerous as they fire short bursts now, but they are still horribly
        inaccurate. Shotgunner remains similar danger, chaingunner is slightly
        easier due to loss of his hitscan and near-perfect accuracy. They also
        gained new sounds for their guns. Spider Mastermind is also affected.
+New!:    Armour is overhauled. You will now only rarely spot individual pieces,
        as normal Armour drops of all kinds are now class-specific packages
        with their own unique sprites (i.e. Myrmidon gets a full set of Legion
        Armour, Magister gets a Spellweavers Robe and Boots). The maximum amount
        of armour you can have is now slightly higher as well.
+New!:    The Torch Item now uses Dynamic Lights so that it properly acts like,
        well, a torch (lol), rather than the Doom Light Amp Goggles. It casts
        an orangy-yellow halo in a reasonable range, and it flickers.
+New!:    General graphical and audio effect improvements, such as a revised
        effect when you drink from the Mystic Urn and the Krater of Might and
        more variety for pain sounds.
+New!:    The Ichival gets a big overhaul to make it better!!
        >>     The old Secondary (Butterfly Shot) is gone, replaced with the
            Artillery Arrow. As this arrow flies, it clones itself over and
            over in all 8 cardinal directions relative to its flightpath.
            Hence, the longer it flies, the more firepower it produces! At
            medium distance, it can be a powerful shotgun blast, and at long
            distance, its a wide area MIRV strike in an 8 pointed star shape.
            The puts the Ichival's Secondary Fire on par with the other ult's
            for horde clearance, especially if you can fire from above.
        >>    The old Tertiary Fire is also gone, replaced with the Bouncing
            Blazer. This arrow ricochets many times whilst spewing napalm.
            This makes it especially strong in tight corridors where it can
            maximise its bouncing and napalm concentration; thought quite
            poor in wide open areas. It can also bounce off monsters!
        >>    The Primary Fire now zooms in to 2x after a short delay holding the
            arrow in the string, and time slows, allowing you to snipe!
            Its now also 33% cheaper, costing 8 of both mana, rather than 12.
        >>    The secondary and tertiary fire now have different arrow effects when
            on the string, and also slightly different sound effects.
        >>     Finally, the bow itself got slightly improved sprites.
+Tweak:    The Mystic Urn now allows you to overfill your HP (up to 200!) like Doom
        Soul Spheres making it a fair bit more useful and not something clogging
        up your inventory all the time until you're really low on health.
+Tweak:    Firestorm Font Tertiary Fire (Blazing Barrier) can now be sustained by
        holding the Reload button. As it probably should have since the start,
        but I was lazy with the coding lol.
+Tweak:    New, better looking Gas Cloud sprites and effects.
+Tweak:    Quietus flames now have appropriate green embers.
+Tweak:    Druid Dog Mode Claw sprites improved. Dog Nose is no longer shown when you
        are transformed as it didn't look very good to be honest.
+Tweak:    Druid Hebiko Sceptre Tertiary Fire now fires a Gas Grenade, which explodes
        on 3 bounces, or hitting an enemy, rather than simply deploying the gas
        at your location directly, which makes it easier to use.
+Fixed:    When the Ichival only had enough Mana for 1 shot, it would sometimes take
        that mana and then fail to work, wasting it and switching weapon, due
        to the odd behaviour of A_Refire. This has been fixed.
+Fixed:    When adding a quick bind to Flechettes; the Druid's Frenzyweed Flechette
        was not included, so the bind wouldn't work for her. Fixed.
+Fixed:    Non-Druid Ultimate weapon pieces were displaying generic pickup messages
        in some cases. Now each part has a unique message again.
+Fixed:    Druid's Hebiko Sceptre would sometimes entirely fail to check for mana
        when using the Gas Cloud and Hypnosis, allowing free spam of them. Fixed.
+Fixed:    Druid's weapons had no pickup sounds set, so would play the default.
        They now have sounds defined.
+Balance:    Quietus Secondary Torpedo now charges up 33% faster (!) and if you
            miss the overcharge timing it will now automatically fire, rather
            than blow up in your face. None of the other ultimate weapons had
            a penalty like this and it was a needless nerf to Quietus. It should
            now be a mighty and reliable attack.
+Balance:    Crux Calicus Primary Fire revised; it now rips through enemies, but
            maintains its wall-bouncing. Its damage is now different but still
            much better than previous. It also gained a graphical and sound
            overhaul to give it a more satisfying 'oomph' to be more on par with  
            the other ultimate primary fires.
+Balance:    Druid Dogmode primary slashes no longer use any Aetherial Mana, and
            the secondary Ice-Ball mode charges up about 25% quicker than before.
+Balance:    Damage from Firestorm Secondary and Agnus Abyssus Primary nerfed,
            as there were some weird random numbers causing the damage to be much
            higher than expected in 0.9.
+Balance:    Firestorm Secondary Verdant Mana cost increased by 2 (from 8 => 10).
+Misc:    A CVAR to prevent Firestorm's Secondary Fire from creating heat and
        soot decals was added. A request from Doomworld.
+Misc:    Druid Dogmode vision now defaults to colour, if you've not played Walp
        before. Remember you can change it in the Walpurgis options!

Here's the new character help cards that will make their way into 0.92. I've added them to the first post as well because they're a helpful summary of mod!
sbwVlbj.png
GerhgU9.png
6h01j1b.png
HUEcpL7.png

I've recently been working on an extra slot 2 weapon for the Magister; Aestus, the flaming alternative to Algor. This is testing out its sprites, primary and secondary fire.

Looking pretty decent if I may say so myself!

In time, all of the classes should get a alternate slot 2 (at this point, the plan is a set of dual-wielded blades for the Myrmidon, a spear for the Crusader, some Water or Vines based magic for the Druid, and of course this for the Magister).

New video!

This is showing off the new improved menu and options screens; and the (probably mostly) final version of the Magister's Aestus, which will be in for sure in this patch.

The Tertiary Fire of Aestus is also now in: the Blazing Whip! It's a fairly slow, close range attack which is risky for the Magister, but it creates a devastating close range AOE when it lands. There's a few tweaks to the other fire modes as well if you pay attention.

Yes, I'm also aware my TITLEMAP kinda sucks, lol. Whilst I'm a decent modder, I've not made much in the way of maps ever. If you happen to be a solid mapper who likes Walp, you're welcome to submit potential replacements if you like, and gain glory in my readme file. Leave a response here or PM me if you're interested.

Version 0.92 will likely be out just in time for the mod's first birthday, which is February the 1st! Hard to believe I've been working on this for a year now, but it really has come a long way!

Here's something else that will make it into 0.92, following the similar overhaul to the Ichvial in the last version: a much better set of animations for the Druid's Wolf Transformation mode.

I was honestly never too happy with the silver furred doggy paws we had before; it had a cool transform and was otherwise a bit crappy. The wolf in general also suffered DPS wise compared to the Myrmidons Axe, making it very challenging to use in the 2 slot.

This time we're going for a much darker coat, and proper hybrid claw-hands which look a bit better in my opinion. The wolf also now doesn't hesitate in punching monsters out rather than always clawing them (lol), which also has the neat side effect of making the ground slam way more awesome!

The power is now much better as you can tell, with the damage of both the melee and the icy comet improved. The slam also now tags better onto a run and has a better AOE, so you can use it as a leap attack!

Hello, first of all thanks for this mod. I've been playing it for a bit with Heretic and Ultimate doom and I'm enjoying it. Some feedback:

1) There is an oddity I've met with the druid. The druid transformation into a werewolf makes it so that your vision becomes grey, but the effect is permanent (?) or at least doesn't seem to remove itself (Do I have to click a button?). I tested it just by opening Heretic, playing the ossuary episode, and getting the weapon in the center of the room in front of you.

2) The maulotar sometimes turning into an upgrade shard isn't pleasurable. Given that I don't know if the maulotaur is a maulotaur or an upgrade shard, I save my game, cast cast it, then reload the savegame according to what I'm getting. Please, consider making it so that you either get a shard or a maulotaur.

3) I'm playing with the warrior and I have to admit, the axe is superior to the sword. With the sword, the hit with the left click doesn't seem that good, and the fact that you have to wait to cast a green orb with the right click isn't good either, compared to the axe fast horizontal slashing (by clicking the right button of the mouse). 

4) For the druid, you have an infinite amount of daggers. Have you considered making it so that you start with 30, etc, and you have to get them back after launching them? 

7 hours ago, Mangudai said:

Hello, first of all thanks for this mod. I've been playing it for a bit with Heretic and Ultimate doom and I'm enjoying it. Some feedback:

1) There is an oddity I've met with the druid. The druid transformation into a werewolf makes it so that your vision becomes grey, but the effect is permanent (?) or at least doesn't seem to remove itself (Do I have to click a button?). I tested it just by opening Heretic, playing the ossuary episode, and getting the weapon in the center of the room in front of you.

2) The maulotar sometimes turning into an upgrade shard isn't pleasurable. Given that I don't know if the maulotaur is a maulotaur or an upgrade shard, I save my game, cast cast it, then reload the savegame according to what I'm getting. Please, consider making it so that you either get a shard or a maulotaur.

3) I'm playing with the warrior and I have to admit, the axe is superior to the sword. With the sword, the hit with the left click doesn't seem that good, and the fact that you have to wait to cast a green orb with the right click isn't good either, compared to the axe fast horizontal slashing (by clicking the right button of the mouse). 

4) For the druid, you have an infinite amount of daggers. Have you considered making it so that you start with 30, etc, and you have to get them back after launching them? 

Hi Mangudai, thanks for playing!

1: This was intentional in the original release of the Druid, trying to give the Wolf-Mode monochrome vision (because dogs do in fact see in black and white), but no-one liked it (lol) and the default was made colour for 0.91. If you have, at any point, used the 0.9 version, however, then it will still be set as the default since GZDoom will save your options. You can change it in the Walpurgis Options Menu. Handily enough, this will be easier to find now in the 0.92 version which I'm about to release.

2: The Druid doesn't have Upgrades right now, so if you're playing as her, all things that would be upgrades for her will instead be Maulotaurs. Otherwise they randomly spawn in the place of some items (depending on whether you are playing Doom, Heretic, or Hexen, the items replaced will differ), but are meant to be quite rare.

3. Like using a real greatsword, Quietus gains power from momentum. Its swings get faster and faster as you hold the button. Also, the Quietus Primary vorpal slashes are free (no mana cost), whereas the Axes Secondary Vorpal Slash costs 10 Aetherial Mana, so its alot cheaper if you can handle the 'spin-up' time!

4. I didn't want to put a limit on it as its your (1) slot weapon for the Druid, and you could potentially screw yourself over if you run out.

And here we are, right in time for the Mod's First Birthday, the 0.92 release is here!

Get it from MEGA Here

Get it from GoogleDrive Mirror Here

Changelog:

[0.92]
'What's on the Menu?'
--------------------
IT'S WALPURGIS's FIRST BIRTHDAY!!
--------------------
+New!:	A much requested feature; I figured out the ZScript needed in order to
	make keys appear attached to the main HUD so you no longer have to 
	switch to the map screen to check which ones you have.
+New!:	The main menu is also revised with more specific options
	for the mod, along with a new lightbringer prism selection icon. 
	Also, thanks to Jimmy's and Kinsie's Font topics; I've added in a couple
	of unique fonts for the mod to use. 
+New!:	Huge Overhaul to the Walpurgis Options Menu to increase its usefulness
	and readability, and cluster options together. It is also now accessible
	from the main menu, and is your one-stop-shop for the mod.
+New!:	The Mod now has a titlemap.	Its quite simple, with just a little 
	wizards atelier type place and the title, as I'm not much of a mapper. 
	If you're a good mapper and want to contribute one, let me know!
	The music is a cropped and edited version of 'The Jester Affair II' by 
	Everattic, and lends a creepy magical waltz feel to the menu.
+New!:	Druid Wolf sprites completely re-done. All attack modes also updated to
	increase its potency. The primary fire now punches as well as slashes 
	and its overall DPS is about 30% higher than before to make it slightly
	stronger than Timon's Axe Primary for the Myrm (stronger because the
	Druid is squishier and doesn't have Vorpal Slashes!). The Secondary Ice
	Comet activates about 10% quicker, and the Tertiary Slam is has a 10%
	wider AOE impact zone and jumps the player slightly higher if they're
	on the ground when executing it.
+New!:	The Magister gets his alternate in-slot (2) weapon, Aestus! 
	This is the first one to go in. Right now, it cannot be upgraded, so
	Ancient Grimoires used on it will be wasted. 
	> Primary fire shoots Small Fireblasts at a reasonably fast rate.
	> Secondary fire lets loose a rolling ball of molten rock. It can drop
	  off edges and climb stairs, and has gravity, but explodes on walls.
	> Tertiary fire creates a whip of flames, and lashes up close. This is
	  slow and short-ranged, but extremely powerful. 
	By default, it will spawn randomly along with Algor, but if you'd prefer
	to disable either of them, you can do so in the Walpurgis Options.
+New!:	Character walk sprites updated to better reflect how they are in the mod
	rather than using the old Hexen sprites in the case of the Myrmidon,
	Crusader, and Magister. The Druid's sprite was also cleaned & improved.
+Tweak:	Heretic Clinks now jump at you if you're outside of their melee range,
	and their melee attack is now a double slash.
+Tweak:	The Lightbringer now has a set of overlays for each of its fire modes
	to give it more oomph and character. 
+Tweak:	The Testing Map, Walpurgisnacht, has been made iwad neutral. 
	It now only requires stuff provided inside the mod itself. A small 
	amount of OTEX by Ukiro is used to make this possible. It also gained a 
	non-Hexen music track, 'Celtic Fever', by Matthias Verbinnen.
+Tweak:	Kraters of Might now restore 100 of each mana, rather than 200. Mostly
	because they actually spawn more often than one first realises. You can
	now hold 9 in inventory rather than 5, though. 
+Tweak:	New Transparant background keysprites for Doom and Hexen (Heretic already
	had them) added to be compatible with new keys on hud, above. 
+Fixed:	The Crusader's damage reflection on his Icon had apparently stopped
	working at some point. It now works again.
+Fixed:	If you had a map with custom floor flats, there would be no footstep
	noises. A failsafe to use Stone Step noises in that event has been added.
+Fixed:	Hebiko Sceptre Secondary Fire was checking the wrong mana type and could
	refuse to work if you had less than 12 Aetherial Mana (rather than 
	Verdant) despite it not needing any. Fixed.
+Fixed: Hexen Ending always showed the Myrmidon. This has now been fixed, and a
	version of the chessboard with the Druid has also been added. All the
	versions also have punctuation added, and text slightly re-written.
+Fixed:	Hexen/Heretic Chaos Device did not give the correct pickup message. Fixed.
+Fixed: Heretic Mummy would drop unusual items sometimes rather than mana. Fixed.

Thanks for the answer and grats for the new release.

1) Please explain better point 2: are you telling me that I could get a shard out of the purple chalice or the mystical urn? 

2) Also, I was playing mage now and I noticed that the blue hands have that smoke effect that for me is annoying, due to the fact that it makes my monitor flash. Any chance of adding an option to remove that too?

Edited by Mangudai

1) Summarised:

• If you're playing Hexen, Maulotaurs will change into Upgrading Items. Unless you're the Druid, because her upgrades are not programmed yet, so that item will get  changed into random item picked from a list of gifts (Bracers, Speed Boots, Quartzine Elixir, A Maulotaur, An Armour Set, An Icon, or an Ambit), with the first four having a much higher chance than the other three.
  • If you're playing Doom or Heretic, the same thing happens, but the Berserk Pack/Tome of Power are replaced instead.
  • This is temporary until Druid's Upgrades are done (probably by 0.94 or so).
  • If you there is a Slot 3 Weapon on a level, and you already have it, that will also be replaced by the above list of gifts.
  • The Mystic Urn and Krater of Might should always stay what they are (They replace the Soulsphere or Backpack/Bag of Holding respectively in Doom/Heretic).

2) You mean the decorative frost and snowflakes on Algor? Sure, I can add in an option to toggle that in the next version.

That Zedek video is terrifying, I like it.

I tried in Doom II, wasn't really feeling it, but tried Hexen, and it's really good.

Aren't dogs dichromats? More like red/green color blindness, right? Similar to most rodents.

4 hours ago, PaquoCastor said:

Aren't dogs dichromats? More like red/green color blindness, right? Similar to most rodents.

Technically they see just yellow, blue and grey, but thats too much to cover with the GZDoom shader which is mainly just meant to emulate the colourings you get from the Doom and Heretic powerups. So at the moment, the mod allows you to pick greyscale, sepia, or full colour for wolf mode.

I think it works quite well with Doom after the balance tweaks I made. Canonically, your Hexen character gains the ability to slide through different worlds after looting the Chaos Sphere from Korvax, so its cool for them to be in other games. It can be hard to deal with some of the beastiary that assumes a Doomguy loadout though (chaingunner turrets are always annoying, and Mancubi/Barons/Revenants can be hard to engage in melee and stuff). Heretic also works pretty well.

Or if you mean 'fantasy characters shouldn't be in techbases', well... neither should a guy who can run at 40 Mph whilst carrying 1500 lbs of equipment, really. Doomguys quite a fantasy character himself. XD

Anyway, thanks for checking it out, and glad you're enjoying it!

Edited by eharper256

Just checked this mod out for the first time yesterday and it's wonderful. I particularly love the druid class, as chucking poisonous knives at dudes never gets old, and when it does, you can just transform into a werewolf and rip 'em to shreds. I also really enjoy building a temporary army of demons and watching the fight. Is the druid a 100% custom class? The art looks so good and blends in with the others seamlessly. Well done; this is pure delight.

5 hours ago, eharper256 said:

Or if you mean 'fantasy characters shouldn't be in techbases', well... neither should a guy who can run at 40 Mph whilst carrying 1500 lbs of equipment, really. Doomguys quite a fantasy character himself. XD 

I've always seen the Doom marine as more of a superhero, but that does still fall under the umbrella of speculative fiction. Probably because I got into Doom because of one of my childhood favorites: Commander Keen.

2 hours ago, Krenium said:

Is the druid a 100% custom class?

Aren't the player sprites from Daggerfall? I think LilWhiteMouse used Daggerfall resources in Hexen too, making it sort of a tradition. Good Elder Scrolls too.

3 hours ago, Krenium said:

Just checked this mod out for the first time yesterday and it's wonderful. I particularly love the druid class, as chucking poisonous knives at dudes never gets old, and when it does, you can just transform into a werewolf and rip 'em to shreds. I also really enjoy building a temporary army of demons and watching the fight. Is the druid a 100% custom class? The art looks so good and blends in with the others seamlessly. Well done; this is pure delight.

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it.

Yes, all of the weapon artwork is made by me. Specifically, the Baselards, Wolf, and the Ichival are all brand new. The base of the Hebiko Sceptre is a heavily modified Serpent Staff Sprite (from Hexen) but all its firing frames and such are new. Some of my sprites used can be seen on the ZDoom Sprite Workshop here. I haven't actually put sheets up for the Druid stuff yet because it didn't seem people were too interested in the other stuff though.

As PaquoCastor mentions, the base player sprite is indeed a "female magefighter" from daggerfall. However, she's had quite a few changes, as you can see here:
W6XYKRe.png
More clothes, less jaundice, sensible gloves, smaller bust, and better colourscheme, and obviously reduced to Doom size. Her voice is from FE Fates.

So yeah, I'd say she's like 96% custom and mostly built from scratch. XD