Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DRM-MAN

Whats the most edgiest doom wad you've ever played

There was once abortion-themed WAD: the actual map was uterus and you had to kill (super tough) fetus. There were several indices the fetus is supposed to be the WAD's author and that he regrets he was born. I think it was posted at Zdoom forums, but I can't find it now.

17 minutes ago, Caleb13 said:

There was once abortion-themed WAD: the actual map was uterus and you had to kill (super tough) fetus. There were several indices the fetus is supposed to be the WAD's author and that he regrets he was born. I think it was posted at Zdoom forums, but I can't find it now.

Rootpain.

On 2/6/2020 at 7:10 AM, Caleb13 said:

Yup, that's the one. It seems many people were intrigued by it, there is even a lengthy review of sorts:

https://someordinarygamers.fandom.com/wiki/ROOTPAIN.wad

Man, to think this is made by the guy behind Classic Rivalry...

Either way, I still feel sorry for him. CR could've been a great mod had only he accepted criticism and worked on fixing the mod.

Also, to keep the thread on topic, have you heard about Grazza II? It's an Italian mod that's extremely edgy (much to the point that the developer(s) included a tombstone with Linguica's real name on it).

Oh, and it play likes mess too.

Its grezzo 2 and yes i have heard about and played it all the way through, it's boring near the end.

8 minutes ago, dpstatic said:

TITLEPIC.BMP

Lol its not really edgy just more cringe inducing due to the story behind it.

On 2/7/2020 at 12:13 AM, DRMman said:

Its grezzo 2 and yes i have heard about and played it all the way through, it's boring near the end.

WatDaFuck ripoff...

Edited by doomsucksass

Probably SIGIL because of its over the top Satanic imagery, although it's integral to Doom's themes in general.

39 minutes ago, El Franko said:

Probably SIGIL because of its over the top Satanic imagery, although it's integral to Doom's themes in general.

You aren't lying but still, the imagery makes sense.

I remember there was a doom wad where you slit your wrists and bled to death in a bathtub. I can't remember what it was named but it was less edgy and really just depressing. 

1 hour ago, DoomedFox said:

I remember there was a doom wad where you slit your wrists and bled to death in a bathtub. I can't remember what it was named but it was less edgy and really just depressing. 

This one perhaps? The Linkin Park midi completes the experience.

^ Holy fuck i nearly pissed myself at that one, i know the whole idea isn't funny but linkin park music got me.

"Bittersweet", by LilWhiteMouse, was an interesting experience in using ACS to continually reset the same level with new enemies, total retexturing, and changed decoration. It also features bondage nuns in S&M lesbian sex for some reason, which is why it's in the "I am old enough to look at this" part of the /idgames archive. LWM's experiments in random mission generation/random level configuration eventually ended with the much more family-friendly "Star Wars Chibi Rebellion", so thank you for your service, bondage nuns.

"Action Doom II: Urban Brawl" is probably the most polished edgy mod I've ever played. Some of that stuff is cringeful. At the same time, it's quite deliberate, given how it parodies the aesthetics of Frank Milleresque comics. It's usually pushed to some extreme that turn the "dark and gritty" theme into something ridiculous and humorous, but there are some parts that are pretty much played straight and so didn't age that well.

7 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

The columbine WAD, surprised this hasn't been mentioned. Bad vibes

Isn't it that UAC Labs one already mentioned before?

A Regular Day, basicly a german fork of Grezzo. Edgy like a razorblade, but in a strange way it was fun to play. :D

1 hour ago, Xaerox said:

A Regular Day, basicly a german fork of Grezzo. Edgy like a razorblade, but in a strange way it was fun to play. :D

Huh? This really exist?

28 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Huh? This really exist?

yeah it exists, but do to its content, its mostly banned everywhere.

Edit: strange pokemon nipples cencored.

Screenshot_Doom_20200209_114406.png