Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Uter Lokales

Error

Just because the Doom Slayer is previous Doomguys doesn't mean that previous Doomguys are the Doom Slayer. It can be a one-way-only thing.

That's why I'm not gonna play Doom 2016. Doomslayer is not a human. (EDIT:) I can't understand his vulnerability besides the fact he shot himself (out of bfg 10k) unto the brick wall and then, damn it, could stand on legs safe and sound

Easier logic:

Doomguy can't jump. But Doomslayer is able to do it even twice. So Doomslayer != Doomguy

So I don't want Doomguy to be Doomslayer

Edited by SilverMiner

7 minutes ago, SilverMiner said:

besides the fact he shot himself (out of bfg 10k)

No? He shoots himself out of a railgun, but the BFG10K is a much, much larger structure, and it shoots argent energy not physical cannonballs (that may actually be a Doomguy). Look at the video clips of Eternal again, you'll see the scale is absolutely not the same between these guns.

8 hours ago, Uter Lokales said:

In general, there are many contradictions that doomguy = doom slayer, starting from what in Night Sentinels take only at an early age, ending with the color of hair and face

I wouldn't think too hard on the Night Sentinel tradition. I always got the impression that he was made an honorary Sentinel, because he just amazed them so much with his sheer skill and brutality. Would be one clear reason why the Marauder calls him a usurper and a false idol in the trailers. 

Oh boy here we go... I predict that new wave of threads is coming. This time around it will be "I do not want X or Y" instead of "X vs Y".

Edited by High On Berserk : Grammar

30 minutes ago, High On Berserk said:

Oh boy here we go... I predict that new wave of threads incoming. This time around it will be "I do not want X or Y" instead of "X vs Y".

Consider them complaints.

You do know you can actively choose to see the character one way or the other, right? id Software isn't going to hold you at gunpoint and demand you abide by a specific narrative.

8 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

That's why I'm not gonna play Doom 2016. Doomslayer is not a human. (EDIT:) I can't understand his vulnerability besides the fact he shot himself (out of bfg 10k) unto the brick wall and then, damn it, could stand on legs safe and sound

Easier logic:

Doomguy can't jump. But Doomslayer is able to do it even twice. So Doomslayer != Doomguy

So you've decided to completely skip out on games that you may end up actually loving because of these.. reasons... that have absolutely nothing to do with how the game actually plays. Hmmm. Your loss I guess? Pretty weird reasons to me but to each their own right?

The OG helmet being seen in a flashback (ign gameplay) is one of if not the last nail in the coffin for (somewhat) confirming it’s the same guy.

I mean, it’s literally the exact same helmet model from his lore skin in Quake Champions:  

Spoiler

EVtvi19.png

I don’t get why people are against it so much. If it’s intact confirmed, then it’s the most badass thing ever. If it was just some other guy, well that would be just incredibly disappointing with all the build up.

There is nothing in the current lore that suggests it’s impossible either. Not even timelines are an issue because the demons specially mention him traveling through time and dimensions throughout his rampage, and they don’t understand how.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

26 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

The OG helmet being seen in a flashback (ign gameplay) is one of if not the last nail in the coffin for (somewhat) confirming it’s the same guy.

I mean, it’s literally the exact same helmet model from his lore skin in Quake Champions:  

Hide contents

EVtvi19.png

..I...did not actually notice them holding the helmet before.....neat.

10 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

Easier logic:

I mean, i didn't play Doom 2016 until last year but i actually really liked it for what it was when i did play it. I'm also currently replaying it again on my Xbox One and i still like it. Sure it's different than classic Doom but i think that it's sort of a dumb reason to not play it just because you might not like the new "lore". Hell, you can basically skip most of the lore and just shoot demons if you'd like. But to each their own.

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I do not want Doomguy from Doom 1, 2 and 64 to be Doom Slayer

lol yeah, i don't care either way tbh.

Honestly I'm quite stoked that its the same guy.

I made a whole fan theory that connected previous Doom's to 2016/Eternal.

Hell even Quake Champions out right said that Doomguy and the Slayer are one in the same.

This is my theory on the timeline, I think the easiest way to understand the lore is the Multiverse theory

DOOM TIMELINE.png

Edited by Morpheus666

2 hours ago, Uter Lokales said:

1  Yes, and?  Helmet attributes do not mean that it directly belongs to Doomguy.  It can be just a reference in the form of such a helmet.  The same unmaker in Doom Eternal is not from Doom 64, but a completely different artifact.

2. 2. This is the most commonplace thing that Doomguy 1,2,64 = Doom Slayer.  From the point of view of history, the main character will be a little ridiculous in that he “takes revenge” for his rabbit and how can he explain his other hair color and face (they don’t make sense to do such a redesign, because Doomguy’s very cult appearance)

It's literally the same model, from the OG skin in Quake Champions. More likely Eternal made it first and QC ripped from it, but anyway the details are down to the smallest. It's the same model.

Spoiler

mW96teB.png

More importantly, this is a flashback. An event that happened already in the Slayer's past. Why would they throw that in as just a reference, in one of the few tiny moments the game is trying to actually tell something? That wouldn't make sense. If the Slayer's memory is depicting a time he wore the OG armor and not the Preator suit, what does that have to indicate? 

The existence of this ancient emblem heavily suggests the armor has existed in the lore as well (being from a snippet of Sentinel lore). A force of demon killing soldiers certainly respected some figure that looks like Doomguy. Perhaps he may usurp their leadership as a false idol one day? Dunno, just my theory.

Spoiler

lRbOQZR.jpg

I mean, we won't know 100% until the game is out, but the point is it's only becoming more likely as things are revealed, regardless of if some details may not make much sense in a game derived from the 90's where the story comes last anyway.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

12 minutes ago, Uter Lokales said:

1. You didn’t explain to me why the hair and face are different for Doom Slayer when compared to Doomguy

just a few bullshit possible explanations, time can change someone's appearance obviously, and seeing as doomguy is much older now it is possible for his face to receive all these scars and aging as well as his hair to darken. hair becoming darker over time is a real thing for some people lmao.

07.02.2020 в 21:14 rustygizzard сказал:

.error

Взаимодействие с другими людьми.

Dr

Edited by Uter Lokales

I think what's weirder than connecting the Doomguy's is connetcing the different versions of Hell, from a design point (of enemies and levels and more) to story/lore (how some demons are made, their role as a villain, the Judeo Christian references, their overall "logic and laws of nature") to even the gameplay of the demons and their abilities.

Maybe this is another reason why a multiverse sort of thing is expected in Doom.

9 minutes ago, whatup876 said:

I think what's weirder than connecting the Doomguy's is connetcing the different versions of Hell, from a design point (of enemies and levels and more) to story/lore (how some demons are made, their role as a villain, the Judeo Christian references, their overall "logic and laws of nature") to even the gameplay of the demons and their abilities.

Maybe this is another reason why a multiverse sort of thing is expected in Doom.

To be fair, it was suggested that Hell itself goes through "Ages". So maybe that's the reason for the number of shifts. 

Personal head canon: "The Serpent" mentioned as one of the previous Lords might be one of the dudes from the Heretic/ Hexen series! (just musing)

I prefer there just being many "sections" of Hell so in some way they coexist together, which means something much worse exists and we just haven't (and probably never will) seen it.