Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Uter Lokales

Error

My own ridiculous theory is that all Doomguys from all continuity eventually end up trapped in Hell, where their bodily form is torn away in battle and eventually destroyed, but their will to fight never abates. Their undefeated souls create soulspheres, and they meld into the souls of other Doomguys who pick them up. The Doom Slayer from the NuDoom is several thousand different Doomguys, from countless parallel universes and alternate timelines, all rolled into one. Each Doomguy had their own backstory but the only thing that really remains is the fight against the forces of Hell. Everything else is a blur.

7 minutes ago, DoomMan777 said:

As a russian I can tell you that серафим is indeed singular.

In Spanish we say: Serafin (singular) and Serafines (plural)

5 minutes ago, Gez said:

Their undefeated souls create soulspheres, and they meld into the souls of other Doomguys who pick them up.

This makes more sense, maybe Doom Eternal should explain why there is a Doomguy's ouch face in soulspheres in its Codex.

Going back to the topic of Heaven, i feel like a take to have is that the Maykr focus of Heaven would make more sense if Hell only had the Spider Mastermind, demons were 99% metal/tech and there was way too much tech textures and not enough bricks or rock.

Because to me, what makes Hell work is that sort of "anything (but not everything) can happen".

There's a lot of potential and ways to make Heaven work in Doom and a lot of things that could be done, that Heaven feels like it could have been a thing in previous games.

Would be nice to see if the potential/future designs of Doom's Heaven could compete with the likes of what you see in Bayonetta or Shin Megami Tensei.

10 hours ago, Nevander said:

As far as I'm concerned, it's the same guy from Doom 1 all the way to Eternal. We know for a fact that he's the same one from Doom 1 to 64. The end of Doom 64 is just too perfect for him to not be the same guy in 2016. Everyone reacts to him as if they know it was this badass who saved humanity and hates Demons. Why would they if it wasn't someone with a prior record of colossal ass kicking?

With all that said, I do not consider the Marine from Doom 3 to be part of this timeline at all. Doom 3 is a reimagined Doom 1, that's how I've always seen it. Nothing more.

I've personally got a theory that Doom 3 and Doom 1 happen in the same universe, the same invasion seen on Mars and on its moons by two different people.

As much as you don't want him to, the cutscenes we've seen so far from gameplay footage and the lore lining up suggests that he is in fact the same one, just with upgraded armor given to him from the night sentinals. 

I think the Maykr's backstory is basically that their own version of Samuel Hayden succeeded. So they are a race of fully-cyborgized people who harness Hell's energy for their own goals, sacrificing other worlds without remorse because, as far as they are concerned, it's worth the price (since they're not the ones who have to pay it in full).

Martin has stated that he is a fan of Prometheus and this "Father' figure seeds himself in a manner that sounds identical to the opening scene of the film. Further we know that the UAC is inspired by Weyland-Yutani Corp. There are further parallels with Hayden and Peter Weyland, both present themselves as caricatures of King Nimrod. Weyland himself invades the heavens in a quest for immortality whereas we see Hayden (who has already defied the gods to achieve immortality) constructs his very own tower of Babel, the Argent Tower. Hayden's quest for Argent energy through the construction of his tower brings down the wrath of "Heaven". We can infer from the lithograth "the gift of Argent Energy" that the Maykr's intend to pick and choose who has access to the energy source. Interestingly, if Hayden is to act on a god complex and "invade" heaven, as Nimrod attempts to in extra biblical sources, he very much has the means in the BFG-10,000 to wreak havoc. Another interesting correlation is that Nimrod is said in some sources to have been felled by a gnat that entered his brain, whereas we see Hayden was almost felled by a brain related cancer.

Spoiler

According to the leaks from the art book Urdak is a floating City and sounds like it would be susceptible to the BFG 10,000, especially so. The fact that the devs have been so coy on Hayden aside from the red herring still of him being repaired/in stasis leads me to believe that there is a bait and switch happening. We know form the leaks that Hayden has formed the ARC, a heavily armed militaristic relief initiative. In any case he has a key role to play.

15.02.2020 в 14:15 Мидас-22 сказал:

Error

Показать скрытое содержимое

.dr

Dr

Edited by Uter Lokales

In the end, i wonder how Doom's Heaven will be compared to how games like Bayonetta and SMT represent their Angelic related entities.

I’ve been wondering if the Slayer is a clone, made in the Slayer Construction Room as shown in the art book.

the Makys are inter dimensional creatures. They seed a Slayer in each dimension (each game therefore is its own universe) and then feed on Hell when he weakens the demons. Rinse repeat across creation 

On 2/10/2020 at 1:08 AM, Nevander said:

We know for a fact that he's the same one from Doom 1 to 64. 

Do we? There's some dispute as to whether the Doom 1 and 2 Marines are the same, isn't there?

https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/Doom's_protagonists#Game_versions

However, backstory for Doom II would imply that he is at least a separate individual than the one from original Doom as each reach earth by different methods. Both endings of Doom put the original marine as having reached earth by gateways/teleporters, and Doom II marine was a survivor of an invasion on Mars who escaped by drop ship. However it is also possible that the marine returned to Mars after returning from Hell