Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Uter Lokales

Error

Look, I keep telling people, Doom Slayer is Doom Comic Guy. He has no apparent personal life, no history. He lives only to rip and tear the demons in front of him. He has short brown hair and a lined face. He seems uncommonly concerned with environmental issues, especially contamination from byproducts. He can jump and dash gracefully. All of his dialogue is internal monologue (i.e., silent). What more do you people need!

1 hour ago, Linguica said:

Look, I keep telling people, Doom Slayer is Doom Comic Guy. He has no apparent personal life, no history. He lives only to rip and tear the demons in front of him. He has short brown hair and a lined face. He seems uncommonly concerned with environmental issues, especially contamination from byproducts. He can jump and dash gracefully. All of his dialogue is internal monologue (i.e., silent). What more do you people need!

Pity that the comic has speech bubbles that clearly show him to be talking out loud. A beautiful hypothesis, slain by an ugly fact.

55 minutes ago, NoXion said:

Pity that the comic has speech bubbles that clearly show him to be talking out loud. A beautiful hypothesis, slain by an ugly fact.

You can't hear him cuz of his helmet....

3 hours ago, Marn said:

hmmmdxj84d14yif41.png.3c47c63234894777f4b4e5dad022d8f3.png

This adds more confusion than it clarifies things. IF he was wearing his classic armor when he was captured by the Hell Priests, in a trap set by Deag Grav, then who made the armor he used on Doom'16?

Edited by TheRedTide

16 minutes ago, TheRedTide said:

This adds more confusion than it clarifies things. IF he was wearing his classic armor when he was captured by the Hell Priests, in a trap set by Deag Grav. Who made the armor he used on Doom'16?

Maybe the Praetor suit was the bait for the trap? Would explain why it's in a nice and cozy resting set , and why it wasn't ON Doomguy. 

I've seen people theorize this wasn't actually at the moment of his capture, but rather in pre-Hell Argent D'Nur when the priests hadn't yet switched allegiances to Hell and this was some sort of ceremony for the Slayer when he first came upon the Sentinels. This would mean in this cutscene rather he's getting his new suit for the first time and has his old one put aside.

3 hours ago, TheRedTide said:

This adds more confusion than it clarifies things. IF he was wearing his classic armor when he was captured by the Hell Priests, in a trap set by Deag Grav, then who made the armor he used on Doom'16?

I don’t think this is when he was actually captured and then sealed up, since he already had the Preater suit by then and not his original armor. It was sealed up with him. More likely, the flashback is the priests finding him for the first time and obviously took a liking to him (before they sided with hell etc) and then taking him to the Sentinels. The priests have a direct connection to the Sentinels (even in blood), so a military that specializes in demon killing just like him would obviously be the first place they stuck him to root for his cause against Hell (little did they know it would bite them back after they turned). There is a sentinel-like figure retrieving the helmet as well.

Furthermore, that's probably where the Marauder comes in. He (and the other Night Sentinels) was handpicked from an early age for his demon killing abilities and fearlessness, and was probably a prominent leader of the force. The aspect that an outsider (human from earth with just a bunch of guns, no less) could just come in and run the demon-killing show and be respected as their leader would obviously upset those who earned their rank  and were born into the culture, hence probably why the Maurader calls him a "Usurper" and "False idol". He doesn't belong there, he's not from Argent D'nur, and probably earned his rank and status because "literally too angry to fucking die".

Anything is a theory at this point, but I would be very surprised at this point if it wasn't the same guy and the original games aren't tied into the lore somehow. There has to be a reason in interviews why they just snicker and go "lul just wait" when asked about it like they know something amazing you don't, instead of just saying "nah it's a reboot". 

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

"The very concept of this is too commonplace"

Its called a sequel. Of course its commonplace, or are you saying you actually want reboot after reboot?

Because fuck that.

Also he is the Doomslayer. Daisy's cage all but confirms it.

Edited by Doomguy-1993

The OP didn't mention Doom 3. I suppose he doesn't mind the concept of the most realistic Doom marine to be linked to the most inhuman version.

43 minutes ago, Uter Lokales said:

Why hair and face do not look like Doomguy (1,2,64)?  

?????????

It doesn't really get more "modern realistic doomguy video game face" than this. Even the hair, which looks black due to lighting, is infact brown when you brighten the footage and gameplay of that opening.

yPWUxzd.jpg

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

Just now, oCrapaCreeper said:

?????????

It doesn't really get more "modern realistic doomguy video game face" then this. Even the hair, which looks black due to lighting, is infact brown when you brighten the footage and gameplay of that opening.

yPWUxzd.jpg

I'm glad somebody agrees. Everybody for some reason is judging what Doomguy looks like off Quake Champions and not the original statusbar?

9 minutes ago, Liquid Ink said:

I'm glad somebody agrees. Everybody for some reason is judging what Doomguy looks like off Quake Champions and not the original statusbar?

Well, it's relevant since the armor in Eternal and Champions is one in the same (which game made it first do you think?), so people may reference from the face QC as well. It's obviously not the same face model since this game's graphics are better on a non-saber engine, but it's very similar and more worn out with scars.

We don't really have clearer shots of frontal slayer face still for now. This screenshot was taken before they increased the glare on the visor, so the whole screen is never really clear. Maybe he'll get unmasked properly? Dunno, we'll see it in the game files either way.

7 hours ago, Muffin said:

I've seen people theorize this wasn't actually at the moment of his capture, but rather in pre-Hell Argent D'Nur when the priests hadn't yet switched allegiances to Hell and this was some sort of ceremony for the Slayer when he first came upon the Sentinels. This would mean in this cutscene rather he's getting his new suit for the first time and has his old one put aside.

This! I noticed how niloks's face is less demonic looking and red eyed here too!

3 hours ago, Uter Lokales said:

I see here a lot of people think that if Doom Slayer wore a similar suit to Doomguy (1,2,64), then this means that there is already a connection between them.  This may be a banal reference to this costume, when Slayer had not yet acquired praetor. (and it is still not a fact that Slayer wore this armor, because these flashbacks are not always from the first person of the protagonist)

Where did the regular unmaker from doom 64 go and why should it be replaced with unmaykr? Why hair and face do not look like Doomguy (1,2,64)?  

Doom 2016 says that hell is with 9 classic circles, and not divided into any “sections”, and the first era began in hell, when Maykrs granted Argent Energy to the people of D'nur

I do like how you speak as if you are so sure of these things, with such conviction. However the truth is, no one knows yet BUT the devs and playtesters who played it so far ***but*** there is so much linking the slayer to the previous doom games now, from ingame cues and this flashback to the devs' responses in interviews (who refuse to just say 'it's a reboot and that is all as easter eggs for fun') that it's almost safe to say that the codex entry in 16 'through space and time' was there for a reason.

We will know only when the game releases, until then all we can do is speculate.

PS codex has an entry 'maykr angels', that is interesting no?

12 hours ago, doomsucksass said:

You can't hear him cuz of his helmet....

That would make him muffled, not mute. Although the idea of an FPS main character that talks like Kenny McCormick sounds like it could be amusing.

38 minutes ago, Uter Lokales said:

I also want the id games to be in the same universe

Dunno if I misunderstood your words but John Carmack once said at a QuakeCon that Commander Keen - Wolfenstein - Doom - Quake took place in the same universe.

43 minutes ago, Uter Lokales said:

I'm not saying that my statements are 100% true, but the developers are highly likely to confuse us with these trailers and everything is much more complicated there than "Doomguy (1,2,64) = Slayer".  I also want the id games to be in the same universe, but cause many contradictions, which I described above (and people manage to say that the Slayer hair is identical to Doomguy, but at the same time, Doomguy quake has pretty blonde hair)

Maybe quake doomguy's just not canon and even if the game is id developed, they took some liberties. You are right about some points you make, trailers superimpose and juxtapose different parts and mislead too, yes. Anyways we will know on march 20 for sure, but at least the angels being maykrs and that the khan maykr is the same being as depicted on the 'gift of argent power' lithograph is now confirmed. Those 3 other maykrs are the angels/seraphim, which was always a plural not a singular, and the 'rip and tear / only you' voice is either king novik or one of them (the white angel with the spear most likely), and the red hooded figure is most likely the 'wretch who shall not be named' not an angel/seraph at all (ex hell priest maybe)

6 minutes ago, Uter Lokales said:

You most likely misunderstood "maykr angels" because they are still not angels in the classical sense.  In the game there is a Seraph with crying, but he is not maykr, namely a classical angel (or rather one of the closest creatures to God, and also has 6 wings).  These 3 artifact maykrs are not seraphs at all

The Doom Eternal Codex states that creatures from Urdak and Hell cannot enter the mortal world due to compulsory rule 6 of the seal, and Angels can safely move to the mortal world or other worlds in general without any restrictions

If the game says maykr angels,, that's most likely their version of heaven and angels. There is nothing saying this game has to have classical angels, and we are most likely not going to see some other faction of heavenish related beings outside the maykr ones. I never said angels in the classical sense, this is doom eternal's version of angels. A seraph is another word for an angel.  But seraphim is plural, and that hooded dude looks more like a mage than an angel and is depicted as a sort of lone wolf helping the slayer, and the wretch was implied to be ex hell. Therefore that red robed  dude who does look like a priest could very possibly be the wretch aka ex hell priest / mage.

And how do you know those 3 ... they are not angels? The crucible one even has wings showing, and the khan maykr has the wings tucked in most of the time as we have seen. Then at some points in the trailers she flashes her wings. Again, we can only speculate, not assume .... but from what I have seen now, it's almost certain those 3 are the angels (even in the lithograph, its khan maykr plus 3 angels, not 2 or 4 or 5 but specifically 3). And it could be that some if not all of those 3 are the ones who gave slayer his strengh and speed (not to mention the crucible) and may still be on his side. 

About angels moving to the mortal world without restrictions. This is doom eternal's universe, it's a fictional one and can make its own rules.  

I wish we had seen that codex entry, at this point all i need is visual confirmation that those 3 are the seraphim/angels.

13 minutes ago, Uter Lokales said:

The game said that the Seraphim (singular) bestowed the strength and speed of Slayer.  It did not say in the plural

Seraphim are angels with 6 wings and the closest in power to God, their aura is a fire that cleanses sins

You tell me that 3 maykrs with artifacts are seraphs, but they generally do not fit this criterion.  In the game there are classic Heavenly Archangels who will become part of the finale and they maykrs

Why do you keep saying that though? Did you get to play the game and see the ending? Khan maykr = doom eternal version of god, maykr angels = their version of arch/angel servants to said god. Id said we would meet a god. Not 'God' like the bible. The codex says specifically 'maykr angels'. The angels are a subcaste of the maykrs, also khan maykr has wings (which we now know are not always visible and can be tucked) and so does the crucible maykr. Do you still think that angel in the gift of argent power lithograph is not the khan maykr? Its so obvious its the khan maykr, even the codex states it now that the khan maykr came with gifts to Argenta many years after the wraiths. This is doom eternal, angels and seraphim are different in various religions and cultures and doom has its own lore and ruleset. There is nothing saying the seraphim have to be 6winged and exactly like in the bible. Even though technically seraphim are just one caste of angels, in many many games the word has been used interchangeably for angels. Call it ignorant, but it doesn't change the fact.

And seraph - singular, seraphIM - plural.

What did you mean by 'seraph with crying' in the game?

also that red robed dude does not have 6 (or any wings) and fiery aura and a red robe are not the same, that's a huge stretch.

Anyway, we will know on march 20 only for 100% sure, but I just don't think there are gonna be another faction of angels in the game. The lithograph is already confirmed - that those are the maykrs gifting it - in the codex, and if those things in the lithograph aren't angels / seraphim, then I don't know what else they could be. They couldn't look any closer to classical angels, with wings et al. Those 3 dudes have been confirmed to be maykrs, and 'maykr angels' in the codex plus one of them holdinng a crucible has wings and khan maykrs wings are sometimes tucked in, its all an easy 1+1. Just because their faces arent benevolent and they dont have exactly 6 wings doesnt mean they cant be the doom eternal universe version of seraphim / angels

Edited by Urdak5891

6 minutes ago, Uter Lokales said:

4 Doom is still based on the bible.  For example, in the game there are 9 circles of hell

That's not the Bible, that's Dante's Inferno, which can best be described as a Greek Mythology/Biblical Mythology crossover fanfiction.

The Bible never really describes Hell in any precise, consistent way. Dante's version became popular enough to seem authoritative but it's a work of fiction, not actual theology or mythology, it wasn't meant to shape the beliefs of the readers.