Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enforcer

Doom Eternal Will Have Working Vacuum Cleaners This Time Around

I remember that there was a talk about an early footage of Doom 2016 showing an automatic vacuum cleaner cleaning some blood off the floor. I didn't see the footage myself but it appears that in the final game this function got scraped and these little guys became simple props. It looks like iD brought them back again as well as their ability to move around. Take a look. At 12:42 I'm pretty sure this little guy is moving. And you can also see that it's in a different place at 12:49. Come on guys. .this is important! ! 

I remember that as well.

At last a working vacuum, the one criticism I had for Doom 2016.

I wish they were working in snapmap. Something tells me that would have been used for silly things.

I've been dying to see that early 2016 footage just for the vacuum cleaner.

That sounds like a shitpost but it isn't.

I remember other details being described about that footage that weren't in the final game that I'd love to see too.

Go to 3:48 of this video, and listen to the soundtrack up to 3:58. Clear borrowing from Quake. (Grisly Grotto theme IIRC.)

I remember those little guys from Doom 2016, but they were immobile static props. If you pay attention to the endgame credits, a functional one makes an appearance there.

Skip to 1:11:

5 hours ago, Caffeine Freak said:

I remember those little guys from Doom 2016, but they were immobile static props. If you pay attention to the endgame credits, a functional one makes an appearance there.

Skip to 1:11:

Nice! Forgot about that one.

7 hours ago, STILES said:

Thank the hells for this post you made OP, you're truly doing the devil's work.

Well the devil is in the details. 

Ah yes, finally a robot that will help clean after our carnage. Keep up the good work lil guy.