Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Beat 1000 Records Month (Feb 7 to Mar 11)

Final Doom: TNT Evilution
MAP11 UV Respawn in 2:56.37 (was 2:58.17 by Method)

Demo: er11_256.zip 
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snsvorU0T6U

The warehouse is absolutely chaotic with respawning monsters. It already has swarms of teleporting monsters as well as archviles. Add the respawn flag on top of that and you get a frenzy of monster teleporting / respawning / being ressurected at a faster pace than you can kill.

8 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Was this intended for this thread? I only see one Going Down demo in the spreadsheet for map 29.

I saw the title for this thread and just said, "fuck it, I'll contribute something". 

I dunno, man, I'm just here to submit speedruns. 

1 hour ago, Poncho1 said:

I saw the title for this thread and just said, "fuck it, I'll contribute something". 

I dunno, man, I'm just here to submit speedruns. 

This thread is for a specific collection of 1000 runs of certain maps/categories, not just anything.
Read the first post carefully, there are some rules there, and a spreadsheet with a list of all 1000 runs that can be part of this thread.

Otherwise, if you're just running something else, that's fine, but it should be posted in it's own thread.
In your case, the demo you posted should instead be posted in this other thread: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/70836-going-down-demos-complevel-9

Doom II MAP21 Collector in 32.77 (previous: 0:46 by dew)

Sooo, is skipping the keys okay for this category or not? The description at the website says:

Exit with all weapons picked up, using the -nomonsters parameter.

Dew gets the blue key here for seemingly no reason, because the blue bars can be bypassed easily.

If this is a problem, please let me know and I do this again properly.

lv21col3277.zip

phtga.wad

MAP06 UV-Max in 0:27.49 (previous was 0:28.63 by Opulent).

MAP12 UV-Max in 0:27.54 (previous was 0:48.69 by Wim Vanrie).

MAP13 NM 100S in 0:06.49 (previous was 1:10.14 by Albert Valls).

MAP14 UV-Max in 0:20.60 (previous was 0:28.26 by Wim Vanrie).

MAP16 NM 100S in 0:03.57 (previous was 0:33.31 by Albert Valls).

MAP21 NM 100S in 0:06.77 (previous was 0:41.57 by Albert Valls).

MAP27 UV-Max in 0:41.51 (previous was 0:54.97 by Albert Valls).

phtga_tvpk.zip

Edited by TheV1perK1ller : Renamed link file

2 hours ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

phtga.wad

MAP13 NM 100S in 0:06.49 (previous was 1:10.14 by Albert Valls).

MAP16 NM 100S in 0:03.57 (previous was 0:33.31 by Albert Valls).

MAP21 NM 100S in 0:06.77 (previous was 0:41.57 by Albert Valls).

I think these are technically not NM100, but NM Max or something, since Albert Valls got 100% kills. I'm not sure how to count points here; if I knew about them, I'd probably have replaced the demos. I guess technically speaking, based on the category on DSDA, these new runs are records, but not sure they really beat the original times, since all your demos essentially fill the NM-Speed category, since the maps have no secrets. :D

Since the category here was wrong on DSDA itself, I'd prefer replacing the demos still, but I'm open to other suggestions for how to handle points for this. For future runs, I added a rule to the OP to double check the past record not only to make sure it's a record but also to ensure it's valid and has the correct category and stuff.

7 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

I think these are technically not NM100, but NM Max or something, since Albert Valls got 100% kills. I'm not sure how to count points here; if I knew about them, I'd probably have replaced the demos. I guess technically speaking, based on the category on DSDA, these new runs are records, but not sure they really beat the original times, since all your demos essentially fill the NM-Speed category, since the maps have no secrets. :D

Since the category here was wrong on DSDA itself, I'd prefer replacing the demos still, but I'm open to other suggestions for how to handle points for this. For future runs, I added a rule to the OP to double check the past record not only to make sure it's a record but also to ensure it's valid and has the correct category and stuff.

Thanks for the clarification 4shock. I was initially under the assumption that, since the three maps in question (or any maps in phtga.wad for that matter) have no secrets, as you say, that the NM 100S records were essentially identical to NM Speed runs.

I would suggest probably leaving those three blank. I should have actually watched the older demos first to see what Albert was doing. :P

39 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Back to Saturn X Episode 1 Map 05 UV-Max in 5:12 (was 5:53 by GarrettChan). 

Looking back to a run a few years ago, even back then I feel there are a lot of improvements, so getting beaten by 41 seconds makes a lot of sense. The funny thing is that it seems you're very strict about posting a Max run to DSDA (at least from my point of view), but you posted your previous run anyway. Of course, great run.

8 hours ago, rdwpa said:

3ha2.wad Map 06 UV-Max in 2:22 (was 2:31 by Roofi)

Just felt like doing a short map I might enjoy, regardless of its difficulty. The old record was a strong time.

3h206-222.zip

Oh it's nice to see someone beating one of my last demos. :)

I would be interested to see more demos from you on 3ha2.