Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StalkerBlade

Doom Episode - 1 Remaster (Demo available)

The environments look amazing, but I kinda wish the enemies could have some form of respriting to not stand out so much. It's weird having such detailed environments but still have the old 1993 sprites.

On 2/10/2020 at 2:41 PM, cambreaKer said:

those maps look great, but i don't like the "hd" textures, they just look out of place for me.

I thought they looked kind of off at first too, but I got used to them pretty fast. It might not look like it, but they can get pretty crusty when you have the texture filters off.

On 2/10/2020 at 4:17 PM, ZALGO said:

The environments look amazing, but I kinda wish the enemies could have some form of respriting to not stand out so much. It's weird having such detailed environments but still have the old 1993 sprites.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/99021-doom-neural-upscale-2x-v-10/

;^)

There's also this if you like quake 2.

16 hours ago, elden4 said:

super awesome!! make it compatible with smooth doom!! please!!

It will be; It should be compatible with most gameplay mods.

E1M8's done.

Screenshot_Doom_20200307_025702.png.8d5ceb18726c1cbd37f5ad17db2da96c.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200307_140118.png.ddc68f39d5e1a2ce417f0239301218e8.png

This one was fun to do; I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I added a few more Spectre's to the boss fight because I thought it was a little too easy. This map wasn't made with multiplayer in mind, so it's possible that the end section might break when there's more than one player in the map.

E1M1's finished.

Screenshot_Doom_20200403_210132.png.71c7161c7d8f0c44f014b73d685e797f.png

Also replaced the nukage textures with something new. I might also need some play testers soon to try out what I have so far...

reminds me of that doom 2 re-build-t but slightly grittier. gonna be looking forward to this

It actually runs fairly smooth..most of the time... I have a pretty old GPU and manage to run it with dynamic lights, shadow maps, and low AO while still getting ~50-40 fps.

E1M8 looks astoundingly good. So atmospheric.  Is that just lighting or is there some kind of screen filter giving everything that reddened, arid look?

It's just sector lighting with a slight red-ish white color. It's also my favorite map in the set so far, as far as atmosphere goes.

Small tease of E1M5.

Screenshot_Doom_20200719_130426.png.91b7bb6d42520f7e78347a404bd1a2c9.png

I'm going to take a bit of a risk with this one because I've always had mixed feelings about this map. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty fun level to play through and all, but there's something I've never liked about it...The music. I never thought it fit the map at all and makes the pacing feel extremely sluggish, especially after exiting a map like E1M4. I get that it's trying to be "spooky", but it just feels more awkward than anything and that's why I'm changing it to something I think fits it more. It would've been more fitting if they'd used it in one of the Hell maps, if you ask me.

You can always use SilentZorah's remix of E1M5 if you feel like it needs more umph in upbeat action.

The Doom medley of Suspense, Dark Halls, and Demon's from Adrian's Pen that's in Double Impact could work too! Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to playing this!

After giving myself some time to tweak and refine some of the other maps and finish E1M5, a demo is now available for download. I do plan on changing some things in a few of the maps later on, but I'd like to know what you think of it so far.

I played a little bit of this together with Xim's GZDoom3 for Classic Doom. The levels are perfectly combined with the mod, so 10\10.

Spoiler