Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Tell me..

Ultimate Doom-
What's so Ultimate about it? You get another, very difficult, episode, and.....well, that's all you get. id should have did like they did with Heretic, and give you at least 2 Episodes to justify the changing of the game's name.
DooM1 Episodes(3)
Knee Deep in the Dead
Shores of Hell
Inferno
(Ultimate)
Thy Flesh Consumed-What so Ultimate about it?
Heretic1 Episodes(3)
City of the Damned
Hell's Maw
The Dome of D'Sparil
(Shadow of the Serpent Riders)-At least you get TWO Episodes instead of just one.
The Ossuary
The Stagnant Desmesne
And another thing I don't understand: why didn't either game's upgrade give you any new creatures and/or weapons?
/me does not understand

I do love it, but it seems to me that could have at least 2 Episodes in, instead of just one.

I wouldn't call that episode "slapped together", it was pretty good, although the levels didn't take up much space on the mapping grid.

I can see why there weren't any new enemies, but new music and such would have been nice.

Yeah that's true. E4M1 is a great example of that. Narrow corridors and lots of respawns.

Downward Spiral, AV46? Whatever do you mean? Doom has never been on any sort of a downward spiral.

It wasn't bad, but I didn't liked the theme. E1M1 and E2M1 are levels I can finish any day just for fun, while E3M1 and E4M1 are so ugly to me I ussually *NEVER* play them. And I play little DooM so imagine...

People complain about Q3A, when in fact it's a lot better than buying Final Doom or Ultimate DooM. In terms of "we make new stuff" of course.

A lot of people said "Oh, no, id lost their magic" after seeing Q3A. But if we check DooM 2, Final and Ultimate...mmmh, looks like id's improving afterall. I mean, the Quake trilogy shacked the online world and the FPS world a lot more than DooM. After all, all modern FPSs follow the basics of Quake, and not the ones from DooM.

.. all modern FPSs follow the basics of Quake, and not the ones from DooM.

You mean the game engine or the actual playing?

FGDS not in terms of playing - esp. deathmatch and variations thereof - for example, Day of Defeat.

Basic rules. From gameplay to engines to multiplayer to level flow to HUD & UI layout. Every game imitates Quake(s) in some aspect or another.

Each time id changes of franchise they change the world. I'm confident it will happen again with DooM 3.

Each time id changes of franchise they change the world. I'm confident it will happen again with DooM 3.

That's because every time they come out with a new engine, 90% of the other gaming companies use it.