Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XxcglezxX

Will there be a mouse and keyboard option for consoles?

Does anyone know if there will be a mouse and keyboard option for consoles? I know mouse and keyboard is an unethical way to play console games, but i feel that doom eternal should have this option seeing as it would be much easier and quicker to switch weapons. Also, correct me if im wrong, but I dont think that there will be any form of online matchmaking like deathmatch, so mouse and keyboard would probably not be too unethical for doom eternal. There is also an official doom eternal mouse and keypad by hori which supports the idea. Anyone know if mouse and keyboard will be an option?

I don't think so but there are third party adapters that sort of allow you to use a mouse and keyboard to play on consoles.

33 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

Says who? 

Everytime you use a mouse and keyboard on a Console a puppy or kitten dies.

You have something against little animals mate?

probably not , there are adapters to do that ...but at the end of the day who would want to use mouse and keyboard on a console when they can use them natively on a PC ? (i can understand if it's a console exclusive FPS game) 

Could have sworn that I heard that console DE is going to have mouse and keyboard support on at least one platform. But maybe I'm misremembering.

23 minutes ago, Chezza said:

Everytime you use a mouse and keyboard on a Console a puppy or kitten dies.

You have something against little animals mate?

I will kill a million imaginary animals if I can have better control over my game. 

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to play it on Xbox with M&K

Reason? Achievements. I like Xbox Achievements. But that means being forced to play with Controller, which I don't like for shooters.

Please give us a M&K option for console.

I'm going to buy it on both Xbox and PC, but I'd prefer to play both with the same inputs.

Unless of course, the game comes to Gamepass, which would be RAD, then I can play it on PC like I do for Rage 2.

Modern consoles and their games seem to support m/kb more and more. I know in Modern Warfare in lobbies it shows you the player's system and their control method 

10 hours ago, XxcglezxX said:

I know mouse and keyboard is an unethical way to play console games

Firstly, it's single player, who cares? (unless maybe there's a super-hard achievement that's hard on controller? still I don't think it matters)

edit: just noticed you meant for the multiplayer, I doubt they will give it much thought. If m/kb is not supported I don't think it'll be because of the multiplayer

I think times are changing and few folks give a crap anymore, especially with games like Fortnite pitting phone players against PC players, and as mentioned the new Modern Warfare allowing crossplay (though with an option to play only against matching system/control scheme)

In any case, as others mentioned there are adapters like the XIM. I used a XIM3 several years ago and it was great.

So I've literally created an account for this site to tell you this. Your post came up on Google when I did a search. 

I've been trying to find this out for a while. The only evidence I've seen that supports it is this... 

https://gear.bethesda.net/products/doom-tac-assault-commander-pro-m2

It's an official playstation/bathesda Doom Eternal themed mouse and keyboard, with PS4 buttons. The description says that it works for games that support M&k and will emulate for those that don't. 

It would seem reeeeeeally weird to release this product only for it to emulate for Doom Eternal. Especially when what I've heard about mouse emulation isn't great. 

So I am hopeful. The new Cod has support, Sims 4, fortnite. So I don't see why they wouldn't at this point. 

Fingers crossed. 

Edit... Lol WOW I should have read your post better. You've already seen the product. We'll see I guess. 

ok so ign released a video on doom eternal's ui and accessibility options and sadly from what i can tell, it doesn't look like there will be m/kb support on consoles. maybe im wrong, maybe it wasn't an option since m/kb want plugged in. at this point we'll just have to wait until the game comes out.

EDIT: then again, the slayer and demon options say "(Controller)", so who knows

Screenshot (54).png

I think every shooter on console SHOULD support mouse and keyboard, unless it's multiplayer, because in that case, some may have an unfair advantage. Though, the most recent COD, Modern Warfare, has crossplay, but I suppose you can turn that off, and besides, multiplayer is a clusterfuck in those games anyway.

On 2/11/2020 at 7:34 AM, DuckReconMajor said:

I used a XIM3 several years ago and it was great.

My experience with a XIM3 was pretty shitty. Every game had terrible input lag, which made me play worse than if i just used the controller.

And I disagree with people when they say mouse and keyboard gives you an unfair advantage. No it doesn't. If you are good with controller, use controller. If you are better with mouse and keyboard, use them. The best controller player vs. good mouse and keyboard players is pretty fair. I've seen plenty of people dominate on controller in my CoD days.

When I used XIM 3 through the computer (with XIM commander) the lag was bad.

But standalone the XIM 3 I did not have any issue with lag.

I did notice, when using the mouse, that the TV i used was laggy, so I replaced it with a monitor and things were awesome then.

Console what's that??  I thought they died a long time ago, as far i recall the last console was the ps2, xbox, gamecube... 

I don't see why no m+kb support for the current gen console, they are just expensive capped PCs. The joy of plug and play form of the console is long gone.

12 hours ago, Wild Dog said:

Console what's that??  I thought they died a long time ago, as far i recall the last console was the ps2, xbox, gamecube... 

I don't see why no m+kb support for the current gen console, they are just expensive capped PCs. The joy of plug and play form of the console is long gone.

not everyone can afford a good and fast pc :(

I was a PC K+M gamer from the start, and I hated the short time I had playing Doom and Command & Conquer on PS1 with a controller, it was so frustrating.

Console manufacturers prefer to see their customers lounging on a sofa, playing FPS games in comfort with the TV (and yes, a TV) in the distance, and I think they are disdainful and mocking of those of us PC gamers who are usually portrayed, sitting hunched at a desk, with the monitor right in front of us, using both an input device initially designed for text entry (for the most part) and a cumbersome device that needs empty space on the desk and that was not designed for games in the first place. The console manufacturers probably see it as geeky and nerdy, despite the evidence that the latter is superior in every single way.

Which is why I was baffled when PC games started adding controller options, just like consoles. I blame Microsoft and the XBox for that.

I mean, WHO uses their PC like a console, first sitting away from it on a sofa for gaming, and then right up to it for work?

5 minutes ago, Foebane72 said:

Which is why I was baffled when PC games started adding controller options, just like consoles. I blame Microsoft and the XBox for that.

Why is controller support baffling? Computers have had controllers made for them from the days of DOS. Flip through an old pc gamer mag and you'll see so many controller ads for the PC. Playing a fighting game on a keyboard is terrible. Playing a platformer with a keyboard is terrible. For sure many genres were developed with keyboard and mouse in mind. But there are many genres where, to most, a controller is highly preferable.

I suppose so. I was thinking primarily of FPS games on PC. I don't really play any other genre, except the odd RTS.

The last time I played platformers was on my real Amiga back in the day, and yes, I used a joystick for that, and it was fine. However, revisiting the Amiga now via emulation, I prefer to use a keyboard. I've tried a Nintendo-style controller for Amiga emulation, but again didn't like it. I guess I've gotten too used to the keyboard and mouse.

6 minutes ago, Foebane72 said:

I suppose so. I was thinking primarily of FPS games on PC. I don't really play any other genre, except the odd RTS.

The last time I played platformers was on my real Amiga back in the day, and yes, I used a joystick for that, and it was fine. However, revisiting the Amiga now via emulation, I prefer to use a keyboard. I've tried a Nintendo-style controller for Amiga emulation, but again didn't like it. I guess I've gotten too used to the keyboard and mouse.

No question, I prefer keyboard and mouse for shooters. I really can't imagine playing a city simulation game, or something like XCOM 2 with a controller. But I also can't imagine playing Mortal Kombat or Street fighter with a keyboard, especially when it comes to more complex inputs.

If it's true that there's no KB+M support for consoles, then I think a golden opportunity was missed. I'd seriously consider owning a console if such support was common. I know that it's possible, because I've seen it done before. It should be even easier than in earlier generations, because even consoles have USB ports nowadays. I do not understand the reluctance of console manufacturers to expand the options available on their devices.

If it's some kind of console vs PC culture war nonsense like @Foebane72 suggests, then that's fucking stupid and Boomerish and yet also totally in keeping with the kind of bull-headed and obdurate reality-denying stubbornness that I've come to expect from senior management. Shit floats to the top after all.

43 minutes ago, NoXion said:

If it's true that there's no KB+M support for consoles, then I think a golden opportunity was missed. I'd seriously consider owning a console if such support was common. I know that it's possible, because I've seen it done before. It should be even easier than in earlier generations, because even consoles have USB ports nowadays. I do not understand the reluctance of console manufacturers to expand the options available on their devices.

If it's some kind of console vs PC culture war nonsense like @Foebane72 suggests, then that's fucking stupid and Boomerish and yet also totally in keeping with the kind of bull-headed and obdurate reality-denying stubbornness that I've come to expect from senior management. Shit floats to the top after all.

Most likely it's a marketing thing because they don't want zoomers to start asking, "If I'm using a KB+M why don't I just buy a computer for the same price and 5x more powerful with more freedom?"  Zoomers are easily influenced.

The Dreamcast had KB+M support and if you had a KB+M it was the only way to keep pace with PC players on the server in Quake 3 cross-platform multiplayer for the Dreamcast.