Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewbusi

Need Help Brainstorming & Giveaways

I'm currently in the process of brainstorming and getting a good batch of reference content to pull from for the second level of a 3 level wad. The level itself will be taking place in a helicarrier that has recently been breached by the forces of hell.

I did however want to have a little giveaway to show my appreciation for the open arms this community has offered.

Doom 2 Giveaway
Ultimate Doom Giveaway
Final Doom
Doom Classic Complete

All of these giveaways are on steamgifts.com and do require a steam account along with needing you to be able to accept them on the steam account you used to enter the giveaway. I assume that barrier for entry isn't too insane but I'm sorry if that is a problem. Also all these giveaways are only enterable via these links so it should be exclusive to those who viewed these links here.

Anyway, I would be happy to hear of any wads that managed to do levels in more confined areas like submarines, helicarriers, and planes that managed to pull off a little more cramped environments without failing on their overall enjoyment. Ideas you might have for interesting facets of a helicarrier themed level, or any suggestions to better balance "realism" with fun gameplay in doom wads. I want to create a more sprawling level than the first map in the wad this is going in but do want the theme and more realistic elements take a good part in the level itself. I feel that a bit of restraint can make the unique stand out more but given my current experience I'm more than willing to take things at a different angle.

Anyway thanks for reading, I'll be happy to listen to what you might think.

Edited by mewbusi

Don't feel bad. The Venn diagram of "people who open threads in Doomworld's Doom Editing subforum" and "people who already own the games" might not be a circle, but it's probably close.

I would suggest a study of Lost Civilization for realism that doesn't hurt gameplay, even though its themes are far away from anything like a submarine or helicarrier. 

if you have nothing against heavy scripting and GZDoom, you can look at Gateway Experiments. this is Doom wad with a story, and semi-realistic tech compex, and it is fun to play.

@rdwpa Fair enough.

@ketmar Give that my own map has some scripting and messing around with decorate I'm sure it will be fine.

I'll take a look at those maps today or tomorrow just from my first glances they seem to be a good starting point. Thanks!