Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_marine666

What is your most hated demon in Doom?

2 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

Icon of Sin of course. A terrible boss of an otherwise awesome game.

Among the regular ones, I'll say the Baron of Hell. Ok, well I don't hate it but I fell that it is redundant. Anything a baron can do, 2 Hellknights can do better.

To be fair, the Hell Knight is the redundant one. Baron was in E1 and HK was Doom 2.

3 hours ago, Graf Zahl said:

That's why I hate it! :D

I'm with Graf on the Wall Demon. Once you rode the lift and killed Romero's popsicle, who cares about ever doing it again...

Otherwise I like all the demons. I think Viles are cool and Pain Elementals should be more annoying since they blow up too easily. Maybe they should explode doing a bunch of shockwave damage. haha.

2 minutes ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

Specters. They're just plain...blah. 

If we're counting Doom 2016 though, well...contest between Specters and Lost Souls there, except instead of just being "blah", they're ANNOYING AF. 

Then you will have a FUN time in Brutal Doom. Those are invisible until they get into their attacking animation.

Arch-vile . I hate them , you waste your ammo in killing a lot of enemies and this suckers resurrects them all =( 

1 hour ago, M00DER said:

Cyberdemon.

'Cause I suck at circle strafing for a long period.

kill them with 2 BFG shots

The pain elemental when your only weapon is the rocket launcher.....

I like others, they are good demons, they go to the church and they are good neighbors i think

Although the revenants are frickin' cool, they are bloody annoying to fight! 

I like all monsters, but my least favorite is probably Mancubus. Their projectiles are the hardest to dodge for me, in comparison to all other enemies.

gotta be the lost souls for me, I hate when i shoot a rocket at them and they rush me and I take some splash damage, theyre just annoying

I don't hate any monster but chaingunners and revenants are the ones i have the most trouble dealing with.

4 hours ago, DiamondDude11 said:

*Laughs in RNG*

I'm pretty sure it's not a RNG-reliant technique, but don't quote me on that. I can pull it off often and the only times I fail are when I mess up my movement, or fire earlier or later than I should. Also needs a good amount of space.

10 minutes ago, Loud Silence said:

None. If i get killed - that's MY fault.

I wouldn't say the game is so fair... Hitscanners especially give Doom quite an up for the luck reliancy.

11 hours ago, Tartlman said:

i honestly think that the archvile is one of the best enemies, if you use him right...

If you use him right is the key phrase. When placed up close to the player with room to move and walls to dodge behind it can be a fun and engaging fight, but they've been given a negative reputation thanks to being placed in lots of open rooms with no cover, making them impossible to dodge cough cough Plutonia cough

13 hours ago, twistedhydrgoen said:

On the bright side, these suckers are rare.

arch.gif

Not in slaughterwads they aren't...

Generally?  Shotgunners and Chaingunners.  I like to play on UV difficulty and take as little damage as possible.  Those two enemies usually force me to quick load.

That said, it really depends on the map.  The Garrison is made 10x worse with all of the Pain Elementals and Lost Souls.  Trapped on Titan has too many close quarter fights with Revanants.  The twin Cyberdemons in Abaddon's Void are just obnoxious.  And SIGIL in general made me realize just how much I hate having to plink away at Cacos and Barons with a shotgun.

Really, the only two demons I absolutely love fighting are Pinkies and Mancubi.  They're pretty easy to anticipate and there are lots of ways to deal with them.