Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_marine666

What is your most hated demon in Doom?

My most hated Demon from vanilla Doom is probably the Pain (In The Ass) Elemental, those stupid fucking floating meatballs do nothing but spam like 1000 Lost Souls, and the longer you do literally anything else after an Elemental has seen you, the more of them it spams, in fact.

Lost Souls also fucking suck, not only do they have the ridiculously high variation in damage that the Revenant's missile do (Some times they ram you and do like 5 damage, other times it's more like 40.), but they also at least sometimes tend to attack you in fast succesion AND are also just a nuisance in general, I can fight like 5 Barons with little issue but add a few Lost Souls in and I'm probably going to end up dying because I have to cycle through my weapons with the number keys and move at the same time, to select a weapon that's appropriate for the Lost Souls to avoid firing rockets at them or something, which leaves me vulnerable to be attacked by the other non-LS enemies, because my alternative is to end up having to deal with their ridiculous randomized damage and sometimes rapid attacks.
On the subject of rockets, I'm pretty sure I've died because of a fucking Lost Soul getting in front of my way while firing the Rocker Launcher multiple times and it's fucking infuriating every single time it happens, or when they get on the way of a rocket that I wanted to hit a different enemy. Oh and it of course doesn't help that they have arguably TOO much health, taking like 2-3 shotgun blasts to kill each.

I guess this is less me hating the Pain Elementals specifically, and more me hating the fact that they spawn and spam the worst enemies in the game.

Revenants are immensely annoying in open areas, especially when they fire homing missiles, since besides said missiles having a fucking ridiculous ability to track you they also have way too much variation on how much damage they do, so you have no idea if getting hit by one will do 8 damage or OVER 50.

Chaingunners are also pretty annoying in open spaces since it pretty much makes the Chaingunners semiautomatic snipers.

Arch-viles protected by Pain Elementals.

Mappers that make this just know what make me fear.

I hate every resurrection machine, especially the cgunner with an archvile resurrecting it all the times >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( 

I don't like the Icon of Sin, but more of the mechanic behind killing it and the fact that it spawns infinite monsters. I like the design of it, I think they nailed that aspect but I would really prefer a massive demon to fight against rather than the end result. We all know and love that first time we fought against the boss monsters, how big and menacing they were compared to the other canon fodders we killed prior to meeting them, heck even the Bruiser Brothers looked big compared to the Imps and Demons and Former Humans we fought before reaching them. Would be so awesome to reach map30 and find something even bigger and stronger than anything we've encountered yet.

I wish to recant the slanderous things I said about the Pain Elemental in a similar thread to this. That goofy meatball has caused me far less grief than the Revenants ever have. I extend my apologies to the infamous Lost Soul pooper and all the damage I have personally caused for it and its family. Also, fuck Revenants. I hate those screaming bony bastards with their homing missiles and annoying RNG with every fibre of my being. Hate, hate, H A T E.

29 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

I wish to recant the slanderous things I said about the Pain Elemental in a similar thread to this. That goofy meatball has caused me far less grief than the Revenants ever have. I extend my apologies to the infamous Lost Soul pooper and all the damage I have personally caused for it and its family. Also, fuck Revenants. I hate those screaming bony bastards with their homing missiles and annoying RNG with every fibre of my being. Hate, hate, H A T E.

Well I, for one, LOVE revenants. Archviles too.

archviles

hm

enemy replacement idea

pinkie demon turn to slow moving zombie

spectre turn to slow moving crawling zombie

archvile turn to wizard (flying imp)

chaingunner turn to guy with rocketlauncher/navy cannon

shotgundude turn to ninja with throwing stars

zombieman turn to skeleton with throwing knives

pain elemental turn to flying melee macro corona virus

lost soul turn to flying magic sword

baron of hell turn to flying hellknight (afrit, hell knight hp)

all others reskinned

Edited by CBM

revenants, pain elementals, lost souls, and the cyberdemon are my most hated, with the shotgun, chain gunners arent really a problem for me, unless i have low health.

Lost Souls. Seriously fuck them. Berserk fisting them is the most satisfying experience.

Honestly the worst and most annoying enemy in Doom all comes down to how it's used, the RNG, and the situation you and the enemy are in.

An Archvile could be very easy to dispatch with a large pillar between you two.

Spider Mastermind could be very annoying like in E3M8: Dis with no BFG and hardly any cover, or in a confined space with a BFG where she's just a joke.

With a chaingun or plasma rifle and a reachable distance with sufficient cover, a chaingunner can be mowed down with ease.

Pain Elemental? If you can get right up in its face as soon as possible and/or stun-lock him with the chaingun or plasma rifle, he's a bit of a joke.

It all depends on the situation you and the enemies are in.

Throughout the thousands of Doom maps I've played, chaingunners have rarely been a huge problem. Revenants are occasionally irritating. Barons can be annoying.

The Spider Mastermind, however, is rarely used effectively, and even when it is, it is a cheap, lazy, uninteresting load of shit. I see nothing remotely redeeming about this enemy. It is an annoying, obnoxious, hitscanning turd and I hate it. Also doubles as the lamest final boss ever.

Lost Souls. Just, Lost Souls. If they had maybe half to a third of their current health, then they'd be fine, enjoyable even. But every single time one of those loud, tanky little bastards survives a point-blank shotgun blast a small piece of me dies.

These 'ing buggers:

Pain-Elemental-Doom-video-game-upscale-H

If you don't get them fast the fucking screechy lost souls they spew will surely get you. Argh!

the cyberdemon not because of their difficulty but because of their size i feel like the real size of a cyberdemon would be much larger its original size was wasted potential whenever you play the last map of episode 2 of doom with brutal doom hes much bigger i like his size there its what the real size of the cyberdemon would actually be irl

53 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

the cyberdemon not because of their difficulty but because of their size i feel like the real size of a cyberdemon would be much larger its original size was wasted potential whenever you play the last map of episode 2 of doom with brutal doom hes much bigger i like his size there its what the real size of the cyberdemon would actually be irl

I used to think this too, not just with the Cyberdemon but with all enemies. I've later came to realize that doomguy's speed tends to make everything seem smaller than it is, when in actuality, if you walk right up to a cyberdemon you realize he's pretty massive.

Spectres, i funking hate 'em they block your way, they're hard to see, are annoying and they are always in the worst fucking spots

In conclusion i hate them.

On 10/25/2020 at 8:31 PM, Uni said:

I don't like the Icon of Sin, but more of the mechanic behind killing it and the fact that it spawns infinite monsters. I like the design of it, I think they nailed that aspect but I would really prefer a massive demon to fight against rather than the end result. We all know and love that first time we fought against the boss monsters, how big and menacing they were compared to the other canon fodders we killed prior to meeting them, heck even the Bruiser Brothers looked big compared to the Imps and Demons and Former Humans we fought before reaching them. Would be so awesome to reach map30 and find something even bigger and stronger than anything we've encountered yet.

That is one credit I will give to Brutal Doom, it made the Icon fight actually pretty cool, at least compared to the vanilla fight

On 10/26/2020 at 12:15 PM, Ajora said:

There are no bad enemies, only bad enemy placements. 

This is very true, every single enemy in Doom serves a purpose, and when they are used correctly, it becomes more like a game of chess. It forces the player to pass by health or armor pickups, or leave that Berserk pack at the beginning behind, just in case they run out of health before they run out of ammo. It really becomes an adventure, and at times you'll realize "Shit... I fucked up". It's why I'm still playing the game, and as much as I can get pissed about the RNG, it's what keeps it exciting. No single playthrough is exactly the same, sometimes that shotgunner will take 5 health off, sometimes he'll take 40. It keeps it fun, whether I'm punching a Baron of Hell to death, or hitting him with the BFG, it's fun. The Doom community has had so much creativity over the last few decades it's amazing.

Except Revenants. Just give me a sign that you're going to do a direct fire missile, or a slower homing missile. And I don't have a problem with them for the most part, they really add some adrenaline to a fight. But when you walk around a corner, and a wall opens and there's 10 revenants behind it? That's... kind of bad enemy placement.

2 hours ago, Jello said:

But when you walk around a corner, and a wall opens and there's 10 revenants behind it? That's... kind of bad enemy placement.

Not if you have a rocket launcher.