Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnnyboi

Question regarding the simple snow weather effect.

Question

So set it up in decorate, using slade, the spawner and the particle both have a actor names, so they show in my decorate folder in GZDoom builder. I place both in a room and nothing happens, just a snow particle sitting on the ground and none falling. Please help as I'm trying to make an outside snow level currently, thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

Can you post the code you've written?  We'll need to see that to know what's working or what isn't.

Alternatively, Eviternity and Joy of Mapping 5 use an "automatic" snow spawner created by Gutawer that spawns snow in outdoor areas without you needing to place any spawn points in the map itself.  Might be worth looking into.

3 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Can you post the code you've written?  We'll need to see that to know what's working or what isn't.

Alternatively, Eviternity and Joy of Mapping 5 use an "automatic" snow spawner created by Gutawer that spawns snow in outdoor areas without you needing to place any spawn points in the map itself.  Might be worth looking into.

how would I use it? it it a mod?

45 minutes ago, Johnnyboi said:

how would I use it? it it a mod?

Kind of, although it's pretty integrated into the mapset.  I'd download Eviternity, crack open the wad in Slade and have a look the ZSCRIPT lump.  You'll need to do a bit of editing to get it work outside of Eviternity, and you'll need to set up the relevant graphic lumps, but it's all there.