Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheRedTide

The artbook for Doom Eternal has been leaked

The game is 100% done, there's no stopping this train. They're just squashing bugs now and transitioning team to work in the DLCs.

Dunno if anyone's mentioned it, but looking at some of the Doomslayer art I guess we know where the helmet in the E3 teaser came from. It must have been redesigned between the time of the teaser and the actual reveal. 

3 hours ago, Marn said:

Dunno if anyone's mentioned it, but looking at some of the Doomslayer art I guess we know where the helmet in the E3 teaser came from. It must have been redesigned between the time of the teaser and the actual reveal. 

Yeah, it probably did. I know that some of the colors used on the new Praetor Armor, notably on the left arm have changed to incorporate more shades of brown. There's ton of stuff that usually gets left out of these artbooks and yet the thing already massive at nearly 180 pages long, some stuff also gets purposefully left out cause they probably plan to use it in future DLC or sequels.

I've seen some of these leaks and the stuff they haven't shown publically yet is fucking massive.  Hugo and the crew are trolls because they got everyone salivating over the gameplay footage and its not even 1% of what they've actually packed into this thing.

1 hour ago, StevieWolfe said:

I've seen some of these leaks and the stuff they haven't shown publically yet is fucking massive.  Hugo and the crew are trolls because they got everyone salivating over the gameplay footage and its not even 1% of what they've actually packed into this thing.

Pretty much. Most gameplay we've seen is only from 4 hours so of the 20 hour champaign. There are a lot of gaps inbetween what they have been showing.

Damn i just realised

Spoiler

If the skins are actually part of vega simulating alternate realities' doomguy, then maybe we could get doom 3 and quake 3 arena skins in eternal 

Spoiler

Not sure about Vega simulating realities, if it means some things never happened. I prefer if he just transported Doomguy to alternate realities so it's still real.

In fact, if they wanted to canonize the "every Wad is canon" thing, they could state there being multiple mysterious gods that create these universes for Doomguy or something.

6 hours ago, whatup876 said:
  Hide contents

Not sure about Vega simulating realities, if it means some things never happened. I prefer if he just transported Doomguy to alternate realities so it's still real.

In fact, if they wanted to canonize the "every Wad is canon" thing, they could state there being multiple mysterious gods that create these universes for Doomguy or something.

Spoiler

To clarify, the "simulating realities" bit is from a line in the leaked Doom Eternal artbook that apparently is explaining how skins work in lore. So the Zombie Doom Slayer skin is from an alternate reality, being projected/simulated onto the main universe Doom Slayer. Or something to that effect.

51 minutes ago, Hello, my name is VEGA said:

You mean the entire artbook? It's on Youtube. I've watched the whole thing.

I can't seem to find it. Who did the video?

Edited by ArgentFrequencies

The fact that some art didn't end up in the book makes me think a digital in-game gallery could have worked.

Maybe even make that some unlockable bonuses like the model showcase thing.

Could also be a good way to "digitally" preserve Doom history.

Maybe it could have avoided most of the art being leaked and due to a certain deadly virus affecting production of physical objects, maybe a "digital" way to show the art in the actual games could have been a safer choice.