• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr_Nick

Is anyone else being spammed by Midway?

This is the email I got:
Subj: Hey from a Doom freak

Hey drnick

I saw you at a Doom site and wanted to break the ice, maybe see what you thought about some video games. Random. I know. But I meet some cool people this way. How long have you been a gamer? I am totally addicted. What new games are on your radar? I love all kinds of games, fighting, rpg, fps, etc., but mostly Action/FPS. What's most important to me is realism and how interactive it is. GTA Vice City is one of my latest favorites. That and HALO (hopefully soon to be HALO 2). And then there is the new Defender. Honestly, I wasn't sure if it was going to be as cutting-edge as the original (remember?), but… It really is blowing me away. I remember playing the original coin-op version. Classic. I don't know if you are into games like that, but I definitely recommend it. There are some cool space scenes and screens shots on the website: http://defender.midway.com Suggestions? Questions? Comments? Well, anyway, if you have any codes or cheats or any game reviews for me, let!
me know. Hopefully I’ll hear from ya. When I'm not playing, I'm online.

Later,

Jeff

Apparently, Midway decided to market it's latest arcade re-hash by obtaining the email list for the Doomworld board and innundate us with "personal" emails. I mean, Jesus, who talks like this??
Needless to say, Im pissed. Is anyone else getting this?

yes i have seen that. there is a really effective anti-spam trick i have, easy to say i never got anything like that agian.

i use to get shit like i saw your ICQ account. so i pulled a fast one

made my name 'i smell like balls'
so when i got spam it was kind funny

it would be like the

hello i smell like balls.
I was reading your ICQ account info an i think you are an interesting guy. I would like to meet you I smell like balls. please emali me back, plus i have a secret site i want to show you. contack me i smell like balls to get into my super secret site.

I read that email like a hyperactive 6 year old. Laughed on the inside; Then deleted the spam.

I didn't get it, yet. don't tell me it's from one of those sites that charge you to see screenshots.

Yes, I also received the exact same email. As a matter of fact, I mentioned it in #zdoom recently. Just delete it.

DOOM Anomaly recieved that E-mail too, on November 02 2002...Still haven't replied tho. I'm too lazy to...That and I accidently deleted it.

/me fires up the Hotmail account
It appears that I've gotten it too.
/me deletes