Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KoolKat

A Story of Hell - Part V

A Story of Hell - Part V

Mitchell exhaled and watched his breath steam out. He looked at his watch, it was 9:00pm. Kneeling down, he gently shook Mysti's shoulder.
"Hmmf," she mumbled, then sat up and smoothed her hair back.
"Cold night," Mitchell said and massaged his arms.
"Yeah," was Mysti's reply.
Mitchell looked West again and the glow in the mist had gotten brighter, as if the sun just fell over the horizon and got stuck. A feeling of dread swelled in him as he wondered if it were a wise thing to press on. They refilled their water bottles in the river. Mitchell dipped his head in and it was cool and refreshing.
"I gotta piss again," said Mitchell, "then we can get moving."
They set off into the night, following the hellish glow on the horizon. As they came closer little by little, the glow seemed to expand before them.
They hiked on and on, the terrain grew rocky with all kinds of debris, littered here and there with a bloated or smashed corpses. They halted at 6:00am, both needing rest severely.
"Damn, am I out of shape," Mysti panted out, "I thought I could do this easily."
Mitchell moaned and tossed off his pack. "We should try and pace ourselves better."
"Yeah, but then this trip could take a long time." Mysti put a stretch on the 'long'.
"Mm-hm," Mithcell thought for a moment. "We shoul at least slow down, otherwise if we come to trouble we might be to pooped to defend ourselves."
"Good point. Better than speed, at least."
"Let's take a small break, then go on 'till it gets hot. Then we'll sleep," Mitchell said, "And I don't know about you, but I gotta take a crap."
Mysti laughed, "Me too."
Mitchell rusteld around in his pack and took out a roll of toilet paper.
"Looks like you brougt everything," joked Mysti.
"Except lip balm," Mitchell retorted in a friendly way.
They agreed to take turns so that only one of them would be off guard. When they had finished they sat down and relaxed for a while.
"I wonder why writers and producers never put in the fact that people have to go to the bathroom outdoors in books and movies," Mitchell said.
"Probably because it's gross," replied Mysti. "And it would be sort of dumb."
"Yeah, probably. But it is realistic; you can't get by day after day without crapping!"
They both laughed.
"You have a really nice smile," said Mitchell. He was happy to finally muster the courage to say it.
"Thanks."
Mysti looked at Mitchell with strong, piercing eyes. Mitchell endured the glance and returned it. The moment was only a little more than a second, but it seemed like twenty, at least. For both Mysti and Mitchell.
"And really, really nice eyes," Mitchell added.
"You are quite a weird guy," said Mysti cheerfully. "From crap to my eyes in less than half a minute!"
Mitchell grinned. "Less than a quarter of a minute, Mysti!"
They sat in silence together for a few more minutes, until Mitchell broke the silence.
"I should have thought of food."
"Maybe we could dig through all this rubble and find someone's 'frige."
"We might have to," replied Mitchell. "I don't think we'll find any food growing around here."
"I think we're close to our destination. We'll want our strength, that is, if we're looking for a fight."
"I guess that would be the general purpose."
Mysti sighed, "Well, we might as well dig until it gets hot, instead of traveling."
They looked around until they found what looked like a house's roof, only it was pretty broken up. They picked away broken pavement, cement and an assortment of other debris. They quickly dug a tunnel down to a window. It took alot of energy to dig as fast as they did, but neither one wanted to piss away their sleep period digging. When the hole was stable, Mitchell lowered himself in. It was about seven feet deep, and six wide at the top, two and a half at the bottom. He peered into the murky dark house and drew his pistol. After he waited for his eyes to adjust, he stepped through the window. It was cool inside, with the smell of rotting flesh. He grabbed his keys out of his pocket, they were attached to a little flashlight. The smell of death welled in his nose and mouth while he turned it on. There were a few corpses lying around the room, maybe the TV room. Two were children, about nine and twelve. The other was an adult. Looked like it must've been the kids' mom. She was literally torn apart, her arms and legs lying not far from her torso. The nine year old boy must have had his neck broken by his older sister. She must have killed herself somehow after the others. Mitchell gasped in disgust and terror. He strode past the bodies trying to contain himself. He made his way into the kitchen, holstered his gun, and opened the refrigerator. The power had been knocked out by rubble, but the food was still cool. Out of the cabanits he took what non perishable foods he thought would travel okay in his backpack. Out of the frige, a block of cheese, four cans of Pepsi, six apples, two gallon jugs of water, and some chineese food boxes. He also grabbed a couple of forks out of a drawer. He made his way back to the TV room.
"Anything good?" asked Mysti.
"Yeah, here," Mitchell replied and started passing the stuff up.
When the last gallon of water was about to be passed he started, "You wouldn't even want to know what's down..."
He was interrupted by something clutching his ankle.

ravage said:

Doom with love? Heh, nice work koolkat. Keep it real. ;)

That sure ain't the first time dude.
Good work Koolkat, keep it up.

Well, there won't likely be any love in Denial, per se. Probably a fair bit of lust and probably a fair bit of affection, though.

Speaking of Denial, I'll be updating it next weekend. Should be a fairly large update. (sorry to hijack your thead, Koolkat, but I didn't feel this was worth a whole new thread) Good work, by the way.

I'm only making new threads because DSM couldn't rename the one. I guess we could do something else tho. DSM, if you could delete all of the other ones, I could repost them all in one thread. That would kill alot of fan mail, but it would clean stuff up. Only if you want to.

What? No, I meant that I didn't think my post about denial was worth a whole new thread. I didn't mean that I didn't think your story was worth a whole new thread.

Geez, does everyone think I'm some sort of psycho hose beast now? Pfeh.

Katarhyne said:
Geez, does everyone think I'm some sort of psycho hose beast now?

May I say I want you now? :P

KoolKat said:

I'm only making new threads because DSM couldn't rename the one. I guess we could do something else tho. DSM, if you could delete all of the other ones, I could repost them all in one thread. That would kill alot of fan mail, but it would clean stuff up. Only if you want to.

Hmm, let's keep it simple shall we?
When I get the energy to do it, I'll link to all the threads in the index - don't shy away from reminding me, but I must also tell you that I have a shitload of stuff to do this week, so it will probably be a while before I can get arsed to do it.