Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novaseer

New gameplay showing Marauder, Doomhunter and Archvile on Markiplier's channel

Recommended Posts

SPOILER ALERT: A late-game level is shown.

 

This video is probably the first proper gameplay we've seen of the Marauder and Doomhunter. And having more Archvile coverage isn't a bad thing either.

Share this post


Link to post

Beat me to it. The Marauder looks like a right ball-ache to deal with. As it should be.

Share this post


Link to post

I wish you could mute voices. What is it with youtube/streamers that they feel they have to be so over the top. STFU and let the game talk.

 

edit: but on topic, combat looks awesome. The Marauder indeed is going to be all sorts of pain to play against. Can't wait

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, thewormofautumn said:

I wish you could mute voices. What is it with youtube/streamers that they feel they have to be so over the top. STFU and let the game talk.

Well, they show off the game but obviously their still trying to appeal to their viewers who are mostly there for them and not just the game. It’s more attention to the game, either way.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, thewormofautumn said:

I wish you could mute voices. What is it with youtube/streamers that they feel they have to be so over the top. STFU and let the game talk.

 

edit: but on topic, combat looks awesome. The Marauder indeed is going to be all sorts of pain to play against. Can't wait

I understand what you mean, but you gotta remember, these are influencers, their viewers are watching their channel for them, as previously stated. Id is basically advertising their game through him, often to people that weren't interested otherwise. "But, hey, Markiplier says its good, so I'll have to give it a try." I, for one, don't give a rats ass what someone like videogamedunkey, or Jerma985 are playing, I'm there for their commentary (though if they make it look fun enough, I'm more likely to purchase).

Share this post


Link to post

yeah I guess it says more about the watchers who like that sort of thing than the people who mould themselves to fit the model.

Anywho, won't stray off topic on that anymore than to say, thank Doom Slayer for the mute button.

Share this post


Link to post

interesting that the codex says the Marauder is resistant to super weapons, but Hugo reminds the player he has a BFG. And then he's killed by the Ballista... And the second Marauder is also taken down by a BFG shot.

Seems maybe he's resistant only when his eyes aren't green, or the shield isn't up?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, thewormofautumn said:

interesting that the codex says the Marauder is resistant to super weapons, but Hugo reminds the player he has a BFG. And then he's killed by the Ballista... And the second Marauder is also taken down by a BFG shot.

Seems maybe he's resistant only when his eyes aren't green, or the shield isn't up?

The shield he puts up probably blocks everything I guess. He could be resistant in the sense he takes multiple shots from full health too.

Share this post


Link to post

Im enjoy that kind of gameplay. Markeplayer Doom Slayers it's like the tougth guy that don't know how to make stuff, but keep going.

Hope for his series of this game.
Also the maurader it's badass, my new favorite new type of enemies of this. I was scared he was only boss type of figths.

Share this post


Link to post

Obnoxious youtubers? No thanks, no commentary or nothing, is the only way.

Share this post


Link to post

Eh, I don't think he's funny but Mark seems like a fine fellow. I kinda like him.

 

About the footage, I absolutely love the Marauder. Almost feels like a CPU controlled bot at parts. The glory kill on him is badass too. We didn't get to have that good of a look at the Archvile and the Doom hunter but they seem tough. I still don't understand how the Archvile works though?

Share this post


Link to post

lol, this is hilarious, I just watched the first seconds of this and it looks like Hugo snuck into Markiplier's house in the middle of the night, woke him up and said "Hey dude, it's time to stream some Doom."

 

EDIT: holy fucking tits, close your eyes once you reach the 4:10 mark and only open 10 seconds later or you'll get some big spoilers

Edited by TheRedTide

Share this post


Link to post

The marauder's heavily choreographed movement and openings almost make me think the PCs at Id are constantly running Sekiro. Obviously, bosses aren't strangers to that sort of thing, but something in particular about the way the character moves and gives the player information reminds of a from software game. I mean, Hugo did admit to being a huge Bloodborne fan, so it's not terribly out of the realm of possibility that he got a bit inspired. Usually the Doom dance is being lead by the Slayer, but like with the spider-mastermind in 2016, the marauder seems to control the flow of combat when he's on screen. You're dodging awaiting an opening, kind of like how you would a Dark Souls boss. Maybe I'm stretching a bit, but that's what I see.  

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, OneDoomedSpaceMarine said:

The rad suit and the icon for the rad suit changed

Where did we see it before this video? I thought this was the first time it popped up.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Egg Boy said:

The marauder's heavily choreographed movement and openings almost make me think the PCs at Id are constantly running Sekiro. Obviously, bosses aren't strangers to that sort of thing, but something in particular about the way the character moves and gives the player information reminds of a from software game. I mean, Hugo did admit to being a huge Bloodborne fan, so it's not terribly out of the realm of possibility that he got a bit inspired. Usually the Doom dance is being lead by the Slayer, but like with the spider-mastermind in 2016, the marauder seems to control the flow of combat when he's on screen. You're dodging awaiting an opening, kind of like how you would a Dark Souls boss. Maybe I'm stretching a bit, but that's what I see.  

He played Sekiro as well.

Share this post


Link to post

Lordy loo.

People weren't kidding when they said that the Marauder was going to be the Mr.X of Eternal.

Share this post


Link to post

Am I right in thinking that the Marauder gets tougher/has more tricks up his sleeve in each subsequent encounter? I like that idea.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, thewormofautumn said:

interesting that the codex says the Marauder is resistant to super weapons, but Hugo reminds the player he has a BFG. And then he's killed by the Ballista... And the second Marauder is also taken down by a BFG shot.

Seems maybe he's resistant only when his eyes aren't green, or the shield isn't up?

I think it means you can't kill the Marauder with the Chainsaw or Crucible, and considering how Hugo says the BFG kill was extremely hard I'm assuming that the shield is resistant to BFG fire as well.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, thewormofautumn said:

interesting that the codex says the Marauder is resistant to super weapons, but Hugo reminds the player he has a BFG. And then he's killed by the Ballista... And the second Marauder is also taken down by a BFG shot.

Seems maybe he's resistant only when his eyes aren't green, or the shield isn't up?

 

"Resistant" doesn't mean "Invulnerable". Note that he was absolutely not one-shotted by the BFG. It took a bit of dancing before they got to that point. It was also a direct hit, which is not normally something you'd get to land on an enemy that damn fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, NoXion said:

Am I right in thinking that the Marauder gets tougher/has more tricks up his sleeve in each subsequent encounter? I like that idea.

 

I'd love if enemies get new attacks through game progress/over time, specially if it makes them more unique and a way to "counter" the player being able to upgrade himself.

Edited by whatup876 : fix

Share this post


Link to post

I had deliberately avoided most of the advance footage but went ahead and watched this cuz and my boy Vega is okay and I couldn't be happier.

 

Top Ten Anime Returns.

Share this post


Link to post

If the Marauder gets to summon a wolf, it's be fair if Doomguy could summon the spirit of Daisy.

Something like Turok's Cerebral Bore where she just jumps to a demon and violenty/quickly chews their brains until they die.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, whatup876 said:

If the Marauder gets to summon a wolf, it's be fair if Doomguy could summon the spirit of Daisy.

Something like Turok's Cerebral Bore where she just jumps to a demon and violenty/quickly chews their brains until they die.

See, now I know Doom Eternal will never be a perfect game unless this gets added in.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×