Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

TNT Forever (formerly Convilution) development thread

2 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

-Defragmentation Continuum - PCorf - Removed upon author request - Author used map in (Unknown)

Originally intended for Devilution and due to the project going dead it was used as a secret level in Doomed Space Wars. I made the correct decision because 10 years later it still hasn't been released.

I love you, Jaws! Thanks for Revilution and for this one!
This aims for vanilla, right?

Convilution was a fitting name, but making an Eternal reference is also perfectly good. Hope TNT: Forever has a proper story, too. If you need help with that, PMme ;) This can be a totally awesome side story to TNT: Evilution.

On 2/14/2020 at 1:45 AM, pcorf said:

Originally intended for Devilution and due to the project going dead it was used as a secret level in Doomed Space Wars. I made the correct decision because 10 years later it still hasn't been released.

Oh, shit to wait for Devilution to come... As Paul said, it might be another 10 years from now :S

12 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

This aims for vanilla, right?

Convilution was a fitting name, but making an Eternal reference is also perfectly good. Hope TNT: Forever has a proper story, too. If you need help with that, PMme ;) This can be a totally awesome side story to TNT: Evilution.

Oh, shit to wait for Devilution to come... As Paul said, it might be another 10 years from now :S

Supposedly all of the maps in this project are vanilla compatible. I'm going to be blunt here, me & Eris rejected alot of these maps because we didn't enjoy them. Several of these maps are huge with nearly 1,000 monsters. I don't want to put the effort into making sure all maps are vanilla, I'll open up this project for testing, but if it turns out there are maps that aren't vanilla then that's too bad, the project will be released as limit removing.

This project is actually another direct sequel to Evilution. Map01 starts with you looking at the exploded Icon of Sin from Last Call. If you want to write the story I'll be more than willing to let you do that. I just want to get all of the maps first & put them in a good thematic order before letting you do that.

1 hour ago, Jaws In Space said:

Supposedly all of the maps in this project are vanilla compatible. I'm going to be blunt here, me & Eris rejected alot of these maps because we didn't enjoy them. Several of these maps are huge with nearly 1,000 monsters. I don't want to put the effort into making sure all maps are vanilla, I'll open up this project for testing, but if it turns out there are maps that aren't vanilla then that's too bad, the project will be released as limit removing.

This project is actually another direct sequel to Evilution. Map01 starts with you looking at the exploded Icon of Sin from Last Call. If you want to write the story I'll be more than willing to let you do that. I just want to get all of the maps first & put them in a good thematic order before letting you do that.

Reject for some are gold for others maybe ;)
Ok, we know you and Eris have a pretty good taste, but well, things are this way, i think. Not every map will be liked, but they could be more appreciated in a proper context.
I'll wait for your PM then, no pressure. Take your time with the compiling as Devilution team will take their time giving you their rejects. 

Hehehe, this will be out before Devilution is.

Maybe I'll make some properly rejectable music for this.

On 2/15/2020 at 9:22 PM, Bucket said:

Hehehe, this will be out before Devilution is.

Maybe I'll make some properly rejectable music for this.

Yo! Bucket! your rejected Devilution midis are awesome! I thought of using them (with your permission of course) on a TNT tribute project... someday hahaha
I found them while reading old devilution threads.
Don't know if you had them, so here they are in case you lost them.

devilution.zip

You downloaded that file from my Google Drive, so yes, I still have it. You'll have to ask the Devilution mappers which of those have been claimed.

9 hours ago, Bucket said:

You downloaded that file from my Google Drive, so yes, I still have it. You'll have to ask the Devilution mappers which of those have been claimed.

Oh don't worry, TNT2: Devilutions is the Duke Nukem Forever of Doom; it will get released... some day.
So my project would be something like Duke Nukem Forever #2 Overnuked! :P since i don't want to make a full dive into doom mapping. I would like to, but i prefer to take other projects to become real, and then... maybe... when i get a dollar engine, i will try this in my spare time.

Hey everyone, just a quick status update on this. As of right now there will end up being 34 maps for the wad, as such there will only be one wad included in the final zip file, the 2 overflow maps will end up in the map 33 & 34 spot & anyone who wants to play those maps will just have to warp to them. Currently P41R47 & myself are going through all 34 maps & looking for any bugs. At the same time we will also be deciding the final order of the maps & coming up with a story. In the meantime I am also going through both TNT 2 projects & looking for other unused assets to use such as midis & graphics, unsurprisingly there are quite a few.

One thing that this project will need is a new M_DOOM graphic, does anyone want to make one? We are set will all the other graphics.

2 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

One thing that this project will need is a new M_DOOM graphic, does anyone want to make one? We are set will all the other graphics.

I want to make one

Convilution, while a joke about the convoluted history of many of the maps, was actually going to have plot relevance; it was going to be the journey home, through places missed or skipped. 

Just a bit of trivia from the moron that decided Convilution was going to be a thing :p

Also I had no idea this was a upcoming thing; I don't check the wads forum as much as I used to. 

7 minutes ago, Chainie said:

Project will have same sky textures as devilution?

heres a thought; is it possible to have a lump in the wad that activates in advanced ports, that places the proper skies from its source? like an E2 map from Devilution having that amazing E2 sky, while a Revilution E1 map would have the awesome 'remnants of hell' sky

Also, on the subject of E1, @Bucket is your remix/reimagination of Evilution's Last Call music (TiN Toker I think it was) still available for use? It was SPECIFICALLY requested for use in Unsolved Requiem, and would be great to have it back where it always belonged.

I suppose they're all up for grabs since Revilution has already been released. Any Devilution tracks - you'll have to check with the mappers. I don't know which of the others are being used.

@Jaws In Space: I've got a wad of misc Devilution rejects I've been collecting -- though a lot of it is just older versions of Devilution maps that are still in the wad, I think there might be a few in here that aren't in the maplist above (Whoo's "Chemical Center" and purist's "Spider Colony", at least -- if I'm remembering the names correctly :P ). Might be worth 'comparing notes' and exchanging some things eventually-ish.

Also, re: midis, if Jaws is up for sticking to the "release sometime after Devilution" plan, then all of Bucket's midis oughta be fine to use since both projects will be (finally) released at that point. :P

3 hours ago, Xaser said:

@Jaws In Space: I've got a wad of misc Devilution rejects I've been collecting -- though a lot of it is just older versions of Devilution maps that are still in the wad, I think there might be a few in here that aren't in the maplist above (Whoo's "Chemical Center" and purist's "Spider Colony", at least -- if I'm remembering the names correctly :P ). Might be worth 'comparing notes' and exchanging some things eventually-ish.

Yeah whenever you find the time let me know what extras you have. I'm not too interested in early versions of maps, such as Spider Colony, Startan Complex, & Lithosphere, because you're really not getting that much of a different experience. On the other hand maps like Still Veridian Twilight & Areanaphobia will appear in TNT Forever because such massive sections of the maps didn't appear in their Revilution counterparts. If you do have the original Wormholding though, I would really love to see how much that map evolved.

Convilution sounds better... I don't have good memories from an infamous game which also features 'Forever' in its title.

2 hours ago, Juza said:

Convilution sounds better... I don't have good memories from an infamous game which also features 'Forever' in its title.

What has DNF to do with this or doom?

On vendredi 1 mai 2020 at 12:34 PM, Devalaous said:

heres a thought; is it possible to have a lump in the wad that activates in advanced ports, that places the proper skies from its source?

Yeah, MAPINFO. Now existing in five different flavors!

Oh yeah and you can also put that stuff right there in the map header for the weirdos playing with Doom Legacy, and Doomsday has its own system too.

This can also be used to make MAP33 and MAP34 part of the regular progression, like maybe when you leave MAP32 in a MAPINFO-enabled port you don't go back to MAP16, you go to MAP33.

Lithosphere was the previously linear map Megamur overhauled with the massive secret area and the mines where if you touched the support beams, the room collapsed on your head, right? I'd like to see a version of it in the wad myself. dunno how much it changed since then, but that particular version stood out in my head as feeling incredibly TNT-like

11 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

If you do have the original Wormholding though, I would really love to see how much that map evolved.

It was originally a highly linear actionfest, and it appeared on at least one Devilution demo in that form. The map is OLD.

Eris's moody midi is what got me to get it made into its more freeform horror, I do beleive it was Megamur that did the initial changes to make it creepy.

6 hours ago, Gez said:

Yeah, MAPINFO. Now existing in five different flavors!

Oh yeah and you can also put that stuff right there in the map header for the weirdos playing with Doom Legacy, and Doomsday has its own system too.

This can also be used to make MAP33 and MAP34 part of the regular progression, like maybe when you leave MAP32 in a MAPINFO-enabled port you don't go back to MAP16, you go to MAP33.

That sounds ideal then. A collection of cut content with an option to play them in the way they were designed for, with intended skies and midis when possible

My streaming sessions have been pretty productive. Two MIDIs already in the bag (one is an edited version of a Devilution track but it's doubtful it'll be used).

rubicon.mid

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zOBUWh9Z-YQ_LfoywWPey0ZsUomJku2S/view?usp=sharing

TourNiqueT.mid

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PdJRTE0TH9hlm8hTZEMl-Y5zcjG3J0gv/view?usp=sharing

8 hours ago, Bucket said:

My streaming sessions have been pretty productive. Two MIDIs already in the bag (one is an edited version of a Devilution track but it's doubtful it'll be used).

rubicon.mid

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zOBUWh9Z-YQ_LfoywWPey0ZsUomJku2S/view?usp=sharing

TourNiqueT.mid

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PdJRTE0TH9hlm8hTZEMl-Y5zcjG3J0gv/view?usp=sharing

Much appreciated, pal!
This surely will come in handy ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IncSpU98P9VNXRM5j5ZgrsYrwCFHXg8F/view?usp=sharing

"The Long Con"

I'm beginning to feel like I'm contributing to another dead project.

3 hours ago, Bucket said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IncSpU98P9VNXRM5j5ZgrsYrwCFHXg8F/view?usp=sharing

"The Long Con"

I'm beginning to feel like I'm contributing to another dead project.

It will not die, rest asure.

Kyka deserve his maps to be released.

But well, lets hope Devilution get to the finish line first.

Thanks for working on this, pal!

I will listen it when i come back from job ;)