Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SladeTheAssassin

Question about doom 3 for cd/

i have the cd version of doom 3 and it says it requires direct x 9.0b, but i already have one of the versions of direct x and it won't let be download the direct x 9.0b. how do i install it for doom 3?

i won't use steam, don't like steam.

It should be possible to drag the game files in a folder on your HD and start it from there. Have you browsed the CD? If game files like game00.pk4 and pak000.pk4 just sit there, you can copy them over to your HD.

11 hours ago, Tetzlaff said:

It should be possible to drag the game files in a folder on your HD and start it from there. Have you browsed the CD? If game files like game00.pk4 and pak000.pk4 just sit there, you can copy them over to your HD.

wait, you can do that? i didn't know you can do that.

so i make a folder called doom 3 and copy all main files in the first cd? what about cd 2 and 3?

the problem is it gives me the system forbid policy error.

this is a cd version, before i use to download them and gave up doing that. but else can i do? do i copy the setup files from cd 1 and 2 and 3??

what about the autorun files? art, media and bin?

ok, i had copied the files form the setup folder. i have created a folder called "DOOM 3".

Edited by SladeTheAssassin

Did it work?

You need the "Doom 3" folder with the DOOM3.exe in it, then the "base" folder inside the "Doom 3" folder with

game00.pk4 - game03.pk4

pak000.pk4 - pak008.pk4

Some of the pak files came probably with the latest patch.

There might be some more mandatory files, but I think they are all availabe on the game CDs.

2 hours ago, Tetzlaff said:

Did it work?

You need the "Doom 3" folder with the DOOM3.exe in it, then the "base" folder inside the "Doom 3" folder with

game00.pk4 - game03.pk4

pak000.pk4 - pak008.pk4

There might be some more mandatory files, but I think they are all availabe on the game CDs.

the patch is not on the cd.

i looked.

does windows 10 not like cd roms like doom 3 cd? or is mine too old? i had a mine sometime. could it be just old or?

only a handful of files are on the cd, the rest is in the setup file.

i just can't go through error 1625 system forbid policy setup issue.

is there a file somewhere that blocking it on windows 10?

the only way i can do it is a patch windows file, but it will work that way and i just have to type the cd key, but will it stay long? do i need to buy another version of the game and with the patch file too?

do i also need the no cd patch or?

On 2/16/2020 at 1:19 PM, Tetzlaff said:

Did it work?

game00.pk4 - game03.pk4

pak000.pk4 - pak008.pk4

just heads up. i notice my disc was very dirty.dirty and such, im thinking all of the issues is from the scratches. som im going to get it clean.

16 hours ago, Pankrat said:

You can download the game from the Internet or install from files on CD.  Then install patch 1.3.1 from here https://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/misc/ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/doom3/win32/

So you get a completely legal copy of Doom 3 which will require a key from the box from CD.

yeah i have to get a new one unfortunately. i don't think cleaning is going to help the disc. i just notice tons of scratches on it.

so i have to buy a new one on amazon one of these days and thank you for the website.

i did found a good one form ulozto.net.  so i try that one and see how  that goes.

it seems its still getting a error code 1625. do you have any idea what that means?

it also, says "system forbid policy"

the files have 3 cd isos and has resurrection of evil too.

is there a file somewhere that i had previously installed and its stuck in a location?

don't some software require directx 9 to be installed even if later versions are installed onto the system?

some older software is programmed to seek specifically for the directx 9 library files. I once came across a quake port that required me to install directx 9, even if I have v. 11 already installed.

always ran the D3 setup from disc and installed everything to pc. make sure gamex86.dll is copied in the "base" directory and if it's not, copy and paste that file yourself.

also try to run the setup file with administrator priviledges.