Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Volerm

How will they balance the Marauder for Battlemode?

Some of you have already seen the footage of Markiplier playing Eternal and have seen the Marauder in action.

Considering that, I worry that the Marauder might become too overpowered once it releases. The Marauder just has too much in it's toolbelt compared to the other demons. It can summon a shield that negates all damage (even plasma), and an infernal wolf to attack for it, use a shotgun, attack with a massively damaging axe, and can move as fast as the Slayer. 

ID is going to have to seriously nerf the Marauder for multiplayer if they want him to be balanced, because if they don't we might see Battlemode just become Slayer VS two Marauders.

How do you guys think they will balance him?

I wouldn't really worry about it. Playable demons are not at all the same as their single player counter parts. 

The Pain Elemental has a shield

The Mancubus has a smokescreen and is missing his ground pound

I'm pretty sure the Marauder won't have all of his kit from single player.

Well, he’s designed to be a “black belt” nearly on par with the Slayer. 

He’s not that hard to 1v1 as far as I can tell, it’s a bigger issue though when you have other demons around creating an opening for the Marauder. It’ll probably be a priority to kill the other player first. And of course, battle mode Marauders may not exactly play like the AI.

6 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Well, he’s designed to be a “black belt” nearly on par with the Slayer. 

He’s not that hard to 1v1 as far as I can tell, it’s a bigger issue though when you have other demons around creating an opening for the Marauder. It’ll probably be a priority to kill the other player first. And of course, battle mode Marauders may not exactly play like the AI.

He's designed to be a Black belt in single player, Not multiplayer 

Marauder seems like he lacks in ranged attacks. Aside from the shockwave of the axe(which will likely not be a spamable attack) he can only swing it or use the SSG. He might not even have the wolf summon since players can already summon other demons and such.

The shield might be the thing to get nerfed, but even then using it forces the Marauder to stay stationary which is a big disadvantage.