Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teamraced@gmail.com

[UPDATED] The Cobalt Base [ver. 1.1]

1804153063_TCBLOGO.png.ea0517604418caa01ec8894017c054fc.png

I have listened to your feedback and i fixed the map by adding more or replacing existing enemies, replacing plasmagun with minigun in outside area and more...

This is my first map made for DOOM 2. It takes place in the base with acid factory and dangerous monsters. I was making this map for 1 week (with taking a break) and I hope you'll like my effort... :P

DOWNLOAD THE WAD

Spoiler

CHANGELOG:

Ver. 1.1

• The outside area's design is changed.
  • Added Pain Elemental and some Lost Souls.
  • Added health and armor bonuses in some areas.
  • Megasphere in control room was changed with Blue Armor.
  • The Mancubus in Red room was changed with Baron of Hell.

Ver. 1.0

• Initial Release.

Some screenshots, why not...

TCB.png.0049da9820b6d5033dc5e83738208de2.pngTCB1.png.0d19bc2a9687fa580338c683da253b2b.pngTCB2.png.c95ce6e9dece7a42d01edcda2c996665.pngTCB4.png.d0f19d8a703880ba101fb0d4ebd52298.png

Edited by DWNGRN aka EnchGA : I updated the WAD file and made a changelog.

Very nice work for a first map. I hope you'll expand it, the ending was quite anti-climatic, there was little to no opportunity to use the plasma gun and rocket launcher.

1 minute ago, Caleb13 said:

Very nice work for a first map. I hope you'll expand it, the ending was quite anti-climatic, there was little to no opportunity to use the plasma gun and rocket launcher.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm planning to make more maps so the plasma gun and rocket launcher will be useful in there...

For a first map you did pretty good, the level is nice to look at and doesn't have any odd design choices that often inhabit first levels. However there are a few things that need to be mentioned. I agree with Caleb13 on the anticlimatic ending and the rocket launcher/plasma gun complaint. You were also too generous with the megaspheres and blue armor since those combined with the plentiful ammo make the map easy.

I was unable to obtain 100% secrets since you barred access to the beginning of the level after you enter the yellow key area. Permanently blocking off areas in a Doom map is considering bad design. In this instance I would have placed a switch near the level exit that reopened the door to the toxic waste area.

On the topic of ease of access, this level has too many doors for its small size. Excessive doors mess with the flow of a level as you have to stop and wait for it to open whenever you want to access an area instead of running through. You could remove most doors in this level except for the key doors and only improve upon the flow.

13 hours ago, Denim Destroyer said:

. Permanently blocking off areas in a Doom map is considering bad design. In this instance I would have placed a switch near the level exit that reopened the door to the toxic waste area.

Map01 of Doom2 has that too, or am i just mistaking?

7 minutes ago, grrfield said:

Map01 of Doom2 has that too, or am i just mistaking?

It doesn't if you know where to press after those zombie platforms lower down. 

2 minutes ago, Misty said:

It doesn't if you know where to press after those zombie platforms lower down. 

Correct, but you CAN make it unreachable

I think you can still press Use and the switch will be activated even if it is under the floor. Because vanilla doesn't check height.

Nice opening map so far! I LOVE the tech-theme you went with. <3

The rocket Launcher being behind the red door is rather silly since the exit is behind the baron of hell...