Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kain067

Alpha sound performance and bugs?

While the graphics run well on my good computer, the sound is awful. And by awful I mean totally messed up. Most sounds don't play (my entire intro is silent except for one or two parts). The loud sounds play quietly and vice~versa. Sounds skip and chirp and cut in and out. Anyone else having these problems? Are there any game tweaks that affect sound? I have seen many for graphics but none for sound performance. Thanks.

The intro.map is fucked up because most (possibly all) of the sound appears to be in one big .wav file. So the sound just keeps going even if you're lagging behind and dropping frames.

Lord FlatHead said:

The intro.map is fucked up because most (possibly all) of the sound appears to be in one big .wav file. So the sound just keeps going even if you're lagging behind and dropping frames.

Yes

But during the e3/e3_? maps I pretty often experience that my framerate is quite normal, but sound buffer keeps replaying itself for a while.. strange..

Well, when I play the game (with the alpha patch), when I shoot the screen turns black and comes again with many black thick lines across the screen.

This happens also when a creature attacks.. the screen flashes.

Dima said:

There is an alpha patch that fixes the "missing sounds" on the intro map.

...And linking to it means bannable offense!

dsm said:

...And linking to it means bannable offense!

Nej tak! Jeg skal absolut ikke være Garder! ;)

Fredrik said:

What is the nature of that patch that makes it a bannable offense?

It helps the leaked alpha to work properly and it's not supported (and probably not approved either) by id software afaik...

My sound is still wrecked, but it's been improved since i did some configuring. I don't have this alpha patch, and will be removing the alpha soon anyway.

Resistant at first, broke down like a weak little bitch, played it, tweaked it, and now the patient wait for the release. Doom III, come to meeee...