Find results in...
VanaheimRanger

Post a picture of your cat(s)!

10 hours ago, Grazza said:

OFqjWWY.jpg

Teddy

a6gRtQk.jpg

Tippy and Milton

aaaaaaww shit this looks like my Quinny !

image.png.3474871fdc5d8331931e19b93ac13f0b.png

Here we have a cat that is supposedly named Felicia, but 99% of the time we just call her "Bolota" (roughly translated to "small ball"), on account of the fact that, she is but a mere ball of fur :p

IMG_20200101_012955553.jpg

13 hours ago, elend said:

I wish mine would be okay with a leash. xd

I'm not sure what you've tried so far, but ours (Milton and Teddy) have been surprisingly OK with a harness, like this one. This way the load is spread around their body rather than just their neck, and they feel a little freer. Haven't tried Tippy yet, which might be interesting given her tortitude. Of course, you'll probably never be able walk them like a dog, given their tendency to lead and not to go in straight lines.

Another thing you might consider is a kitty stroller:

M27GbKS.jpg

Yeah, we tried those body leashes of course. As soon as they are in them, they lay flat on the floor and don't move at all anymore.

59 minutes ago, elend said:

Yeah, we tried those body leashes of course. As soon as they are in them, they lay flat on the floor and don't move at all anymore.

Lol, ours do the same thing.

1 hour ago, elend said:

Smart cats! :D:D

11 hours ago, elend said:

Sure, ours did that the first time, but patience is needed. Suddenly having nothing but sky over them and surrounded by all sorts of strange sounds and smells is bound to be unnerving. After a a few attempts and with some coaxing they started exploring, and Milton even got quite bold. I do recall one time when he made for the deepest area of grass and weeds he could find, and then settled down, leaving me standing there like an idiot, getting bitten by little insects. :p Teddy only seemed comfortable when he had something overhead, like trees or overhanging parts of buildings.

FB_IMG_1582387003294.jpg.d9bbf0aaf1216f2e5f9ce0db688f449c.jpgFB_IMG_1582386984704.jpg.bfc9af9a0d21859c6e48f512b1a7e490.jpg

Of course we were the ones to adopt the cat that the shelter said nobody else wanted. One floppy ear, foot attacking, door frame climbing, special diet needing street cat. When we got him, he was skin and bones, sneezed constantly and his whole hind was bald and covered with sores. He's much healthier now with all the energy he needs to chase the dog around the house and fight his mortal enemy, my ankles.

Well, I was responding to the "What are you listening to" thread, and I mentioned I was working on my cat's box fort. Then I remembered seeing this thread, and I thought "Well, most people like pictures of cats". So here's Lilly.

L33V8YX.jpg

Adopted her about two years ago, she was taken to the shelter as a stray. She was spayed and given her shots, then it took a few days for her to be adopted, and brought back within a month because she was apparently stalking the family's children. Three days later she got adopted again, and she's going to stay here.

She does have a little bit of a temper, so I can see why she wouldn't put up with kids, but for the most part she just wants peace and quiet, so we get along pretty well. And I think they overestimated her age. They thought she was at least a year old when she was brought in, but she only weighed five and a half pounds, I assumed she was just a small cat. After sixty days at the vet checkup she was at eight and a half, and she had clearly grown; her legs were noticeably larger and her body length increased. She wasn't getting fat, just growing. She's maintained the weight since then, it went down a few ounces at her last visit. But regardless, she's a happy girl. She's got food, a warm chair to lay down in, and a box fort.

I never thought I'd love a cat this much. And I really never thought I would have a cat waiting by the door for me in the middle of winter when I didn't get home until 10:30. It gets really cold by the door, and her favorite place is under a dresser by the heating vent. But she waits up for me by the door.

And I'm the only person that she lets touch her paws. She's got all four of them on my hand in the picture. It's hard to imagine that there were people that didn't want this cat.

Edited by Jello

Here is Dexter, she is the one who waits for me to get home every night :)

20200227_014641.jpg

and my wife's baby, Cleo, with her mouth open as usual...

20200227_014729.jpg

Bonus: Loki trying to figure out how to get momma's cake out of the box...

20200227_015854.jpg

Edited by guitardz

9 hours ago, guitardz said:

Here is Dexter, she is the one who waits for me to get home every night :)

Dexter looks really sweet. They're all cute, but yeah, Dexter looks sweet. She looks more like an expectant dog in that picture, so it doesn't surprise me that she waits up. I was never a cat person until I adopted one; I always considered myself a dog person. Cats always seemed to like me, but I never really cared for them. Lilly fixed that.

48 minutes ago, Jello said:

Dexter looks sweet. She looks more like an expectant dog in that picture

It's funny because she does have a lot of dog-like qualities about her.  She follows me around the house and begs for human food like a dog, lol.  She will also fetch and come to me if I snap my fingers, lol.

8 hours ago, guitardz said:

It's funny because she does have a lot of dog-like qualities about her.  She follows me around the house and begs for human food like a dog, lol.  She will also fetch and come to me if I snap my fingers, lol.

Called it. I should try playing fetch with my cat. I did know someone who had a cat that would play fetch with rubber bands. Just snap it off your finger, she'd get it and bring it back.

My cat just tends to bat fluffy balls out of the air and tries to kill them, and when she realizes they aren't birds, she walks off. I kept finding her balls in the bathtub and her water bowl, so I looked up that behavior. I guess cats like drowning their prey. They're really interesting little animals; they have quite a bit more going on than I always thought.

Milton and Tippy both play fetch, but no other cats I've known have done so. I'm not sure how common it is; I used to assume Milton was an outlier. With both of them there will generally be one toy at a time that they like to do it with, and they'll be the ones to select it. Here's Milton as a baby carrying the first toy he chose for this purpose:

TC4PNMi.jpg

He went through a phase of wanting to use corks, so you had to be careful when throwing them not to hit anyone.

i had a cat with my family years ago like around 2009 wise, and moved to another place and abandoned our cat because of a "long extermination" inside our place and my cat marking his territory every time, but yeah like my cat was pain in the butt at times but i still love the cat i used to have, if i woulda took a picture of it, i woulda put it in this thread but no. :(