Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
6DB

QUICKCHARGE V1.4 - It's a simple weapons mod!

Banner.png.92368cb3bd9e16ff4aa4cf7a3112f98c.png

Introducing QuickCharge, a weapons mod built upon a version of the SuperCharge mod by @Tango, specifically v1.3 (no monsters b). Welcome, what we have here is a simple set of weapons, nothing outrageous, there is no alt fire and only two weapons need reloading. The mod doesn't interfere with monsters or anything just the player weapons. Big thanks to Tango for making the awesome SuperCharge mod and the Doom community for the countless hours of enjoyment I have extracted from all the Wads and Mods, I hope you like the mod it took much longer to make than I expected!

-----/////DOWNLOAD V1.4 HERE/////-----

Fixed a small issue with V1.4 28/02/2020

FEATURES:

• A classic family of weapons customised for more immediate demon slaying.
  • Weapons balanced close to vanilla as possible but this is not meant to be 1:1 with vanilla, you will be a bit more powerful(I suck at Doom so I'm ok with this).
  • RNG for weapons is back( I do like a bit of randomness).
  • Dynamic lights for every weapon and item where apllicable.
  • Weapon switching is almost instant, I added just a slight delay to it.
  • Updated the weapon and flare sprites a lot, mostly subtle changes though.
  • New or remastered sounds.
  • Three abilities! Kick, Dash and Taunt that spice things up (you don't have to use them but they are damn fun).
  • Player hitscan weapons fire tracers - this was included in the SuperCharge mod but not used for some reason, I just reinstated it and tweaked it a bit.
  • Use of the word remastered a lot, really in most cases I just took the original sprite/sound and overlayed some extra stuff to it. 
  • Tonnes of other stuff changed or added/removed that I can't remember.

CHANGE LOG:

Spoiler

19/02/2020 v1.1

• Selecting/Deselecting Minigun now behaves the same as every other weapon.
  • GL lights added to Rocket launcher, Plasma rifle and BFG(Thanks to @Bryan T and @Doomenator for the help).

21/02/2020 v1.2 - Let there be light!

• All weapons and projectile impacts now have GL lights.
  • Appropriate items now have GL lights(most of these are contained in the Quick_Charge_Items.pk3)
  • Damage amount when quickly firing the pistol has been fixed to what it should have been.
  • Deleted a bunch of unnecessary stuff.

23/2/2020 v1.2.5

• Ditched A_light on all weapons as it was drowning out the GL lights, looks much better now, you will need to have dynamic lights on in GZDoom display options - I will make this optional in a future update so you can have old style weapon lights or GL lights or both.
  • Tweaked reload speed on Pistol and SSG.

24/2/2020 v1.3 - Light control

• Added options for Weapon dynamic lights(default on) and Old style lights(default off) in the mod menu.
  • Fine tuned some of the GL lights.
  • Pistol should no longer quickly fire two shots if holding fire after reloading.

26/2/2020 v1.4

• Pistol fixed AGAIN.
  • Berserk SFX made translucent.
  • Berserk fist SFX size reduced.
  • Plasma rifle light when firing toned down a bit.
  • Minigun sprites cleaned up and animation given some attention.
  • Moved QuickCharge settings to the options menu so the main menu doesn't overshoot with some Wads - noticed this with Running Late 2 and it bothered me hehe.
  • Chainsaw given some "Shake".

SCREENSHOTS(need to update these):

Spoiler

The map in the pics is the super awesome Demonestary

Image16.jpg.1a807c8780937559b1865da7213021f6.jpg

Image5.jpg.15a4168adba7eef0e2d446068588002b.jpg

Image6.jpg.18c7eb67f9c03f9073e7f6224d81e807.jpg

Image4.jpg.2f6448fece1ca7994cac7534d2c146ea.jpg

Image2.jpg.9c9b2b269be127357f4360a82c903925.jpg

Image9.jpg.6b00ea3ce977cf309be287c223f336ec.jpg

Image18.jpg.815c151c4798ba240e8f36d8ce931cc9.jpg

Image19.jpg.424ffad22c16640abb0d0d24b0286e25.jpg

Image10.jpg.df96cf3581eb0b9373fd6e461a4ae17c.jpg

Image13.jpg.7de77290b5fd2942270060566b5c6a65.jpg

REQUIREMENTS:

I have tested the mod with GZDoom v4.3.3 and v4.3.1, I have no idea if it will work with other source ports, GZDoom is all I use.

THE WEAPONS:

Spoiler

• FISTS: Now fire a custom missile when you have the Berserk pack, very limited range which causes AOE damage and a visual effect. Be careful near barrels! Berserk fists are very fast but roughly half the damage as vanilla, also added some motion blur to sprites but doesn't really stand out too much.  

• CHAINSAW: Less damage than SuperCharge(may have changed) but more than Vanilla(I think). Silly artwork added to handle because why not.

• PISTOL: To keep the Pistol useful even after picking up the minigun(Chaingun) the pistol is now great for long range sniping. Basically, fire slowly(autofire works too) for 100% accurate shots or spam fire for much less accurate shots but of course higher fire rate. There are new flares for slow and fast fire rate and slighty differant fire sounds to let the player know. Pistol now holds 10 shots per clip. Added wood colour to handle and changed sights colour.

• SHOTGUN: Much love given to the Shotgun. Vanilla Damage and RNG is back. Loads of work done on the frames, first shell added on reload from empty gets pumped into the tube the rest get loaded normally. Holding down fire when shotgun empty loads a shell and pumps it into tube and fires to allow continuos fire when needed. Just like in the movies you can now unnecessarily pump the Shotgun when fully loaded(ejected shell magically returns to player). Wood colour added to pump and stock, sights colour changed. "Remastered" fire sound created. New flare added.    

• SUPER SHOTGUN: Same as SuperCharge other than damage and RNG revived from vanilla. Wooden stock colour added to sprites. New flare added. Differant fire sound used.

• MINIGUN: Replaces the Assault rifle from SuperCharge. First shot is never accurate unlike vanilla because Pistol is the sniping weapon to help keep it relevant(controversial perhaps?). Lots of work done on the frames/sounds to give the Minigun some life. New flare added. Damage and RNG the same as vanilla, fire rate probably faster, added some vertical spread. Fire sound "Remastered".  

• ROCKET LAUNCHER: Tweaked the impact damage and AOE damage, probably needs tweaking some more. Doubled the size of the rocket sprite and explosion. Built upon the explosion sprites to give them a more meaty explosion.

• PLASMA RIFLE: Replaced the SuperCharge Plasma rifle with the vanilla Plasma rifle because I love the vanilla one. Recoloured sprites of weapon and projectiles a bit, added a subtle repeating glow effect. When you stop firing, gun now has a cool down sound. Doesn't need to be reloaded.

• BFG: Not much change here. Recoloured projectile and explosion to fit theme of the mod. Want to "remaster" explosion later... maybe.

ABILITIES SHIZ:

Spoiler

You can rebind the keys for these abilities in the controls menu.

• QUICK KICK: For those moments when an enemy only has a sliver of health left, kick them to end them. You can also jump kick for some more damage. Grab a Berserk pack for powerful kicks and jump kick that work the same as Berserk fists. Added some nice sound effects and coloured the sprites to fit Doomguys green threads. Taken from a thread(check credits - Brutal kick) on Zdoom forum and then tweaked.

• TAUNT: Flip the middle finger to whatever you want, alerts enemies! No sound effect attached, I tried it with sounds but got tired of them quickly, best combined with own verbal expletives when necessary. Gloves recoloured to match gloves for all other hand sprites in mod. Taken from Brutal Doom.

• DASH: Great for getting out of trouble or moving around quickly, use but try not to abuse as of course you can break maps by dashing over wide gaps etc. Doom EXP creator posted this as a simple addon mod on MODDB, I took it and replaced the hud icon with a more subtle icon that sits top middle of hud.

BONUS SHIZ:

Spoiler

But wait there's more, included in your download are these extra pk3's!

• QuickCharge_Items.pk3 - I have replaced pretty much every item(excluding powerups) with tweaked/recoloured sprites and mostly new sounds to complement the mod. I made this a seperate pk3 so the player has a chose to use them or remain with the vanilla items.

• QuickCharge_StatusBar.pk3 - A statusbar I made to go with this mod.
Spoiler

836334166_StatusBar.jpg.90f71bcbc5d17dd98cef474634f3c8fb.jpg

• QuickCharge_StatusBar_fullscrn_huds.pk3 - Load this after the QuickCharge_StatusBar.pk3 to get unsplit/split hud that works with the custom statusbar. I used the old decorate version of fullscrn_huds as I had no idea how to tweak the newer version, I have tweaked a few things to my liking.

• QuickCharge_fullscrn_huds.pk3 - If you don't want to use my custom statusbar but want to use a version of fullscrn_huds that works with this mod then this pk3 is for you.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Spoiler

These are some mini-mods I like to use with QuickCharge or other mods.

CREDITS:

Spoiler

• Realm667 -By Tormentor667. For the Minigun

• Xhairs mod - Reworked one of the crosshairs and included in the mod. Can't seem to find the mod or author for this one, sorry.

• BDLite mod and Beautiful Doom mods - For shame I can't remember what I took from these mods if anything. I writ a note to remind me to mention them but I didn't unfortunately write down what for. Anyway they are both excellent mods.

• Smooth Doom - By Gifty. Some frames from the plasma rifle used, maybe something else.

• Brutal Doom - By Sergeant_Mark_IV. Taunt sprites used.

• Lots of sounds used from Freesounds.org

Edited by 6DB

1 minute ago, Doomenator said:

Where are GL lights? )

You jest surely?

1 hour ago, Doomenator said:

Nah, I'm absolutely serious. )

Hide contents

ruCDMXh.png

image.png.29b3aa81b35c858b46e50e9a4f482e7c.png

If I knew how to do that then there would be GL lights but seeing as I've only been using Slade for a month I wanted to keep things simple, you dig?

It's pretty simple. Just open up lights.pk3 and copy the gldefs.txt file into your mod. Then go through the list and change each 'object' name to whatever you've named them in your mod. For instance:

object Rocket
{
    frame MISLA { light ROCKET    }

frame MISLB { light ROCKET_X1 }
    frame MISLC { light ROCKET_X2 }
    frame MISLD { light ROCKET_X3 }
}

You would change Rocket to whatever the rocket is named in your mod. This is assuming your rocket still uses MISL as it's sprite name, you might need to alter the frame section.

1 hour ago, Bryan T said:

You will also need to create or replace light sources because the colors are different. In addition, it is desirable to add light for aid kits, batteries, etc. )

18 hours ago, Bryan T said:

18 hours ago, Doomenator said:

You will also need to create or replace light sources because the colors are different. In addition, it is desirable to add light for aid kits, batteries, etc. )

Thanks. I will look into GL lights at some point then, just need a break for now.

Edit: Didn't want to bump the thread for a very minor update but I have added some GL lights, I will add more in the very near future.

Edited by 6DB

this is awesome! I wasn't able to spend too long playing, but I played a bit of Plutonia with this, and it felt great. all the visual changes you've made - particularly to the pistol and shotguns - are fantastic. really motivates me to do something similar to the weapons in Supercharge to give them a stronger identity ;D

Let there be light!

I have updated QuickCharge to version 1.2

• All weapons and projectile impacts now have GL lights.
  • Appropriate items now have GL lights(most of these are contained in the Quick_Charge_Items.pk3)
  • Damage amount when quickly firing the pistol has been fixed to what it should have been.
  • Deleted a bunch of unnecessary stuff.

I will update the lighs further in a future update I think as they need some fine tuning but for now they are solid enough from what I've experienced from a megawad I'm currently playing.

Screenshots

Spoiler

The map in the pics is the insanely great megawad Dark encounters

Image20.jpg.052efde8a655326dfae2f0432875340e.jpg

Image25.jpg.bbddf79f6c15a02a574f1cf9be5d2b4d.jpg

Image28.jpg.e993df7d19f1544630f8ab5db7de73f8.jpg

Image30.jpg.6ee239769a9f3a84065b1def0f267cec.jpg

Image31.jpg.728cc16eea772318f7f7d3947823f18f.jpg

Image32.jpg.b2233ac6a138ce4f6161a0a9cb531c5e.jpg

9 hours ago, Tango said:

this is awesome! I wasn't able to spend too long playing, but I played a bit of Plutonia with this, and it felt great. all the visual changes you've made - particularly to the pistol and shotguns - are fantastic. really motivates me to do something similar to the weapons in Supercharge to give them a stronger identity ;D

Thanks! This means a lot to me. This mod wouldn't exist without SuperCharge.

QuickCharge updated to v1.3

• Added options for Weapon dynamic lights(default on) and Old style lights(default off) in the mod menu.
  • Fine tuned some of the GL lights.
  • Pistol should no longer quickly fire two shots if holding fire after reloading.

No more updates for a while I think, I'm happy with the mod for now.

I'm not familiar with Delta touch but I see that it suppports GZDoom. Are you using GZDoom with Delta touch? I've only tested the mod with GZDoom.

Edited by 6DB

Sorry for the bump, just a small update.

QuickCharge updated to version 1.4

26/2/2020 v1.4

• Pistol fixed AGAIN.
  • Berserk SFX made translucent.
  • Berserk fist SFX size reduced.
  • Plasma rifle light when firing toned down a bit.
  • Minigun sprites cleaned up and animation given some attention.
  • Moved QuickCharge settings to the options menu so the main menu doesn't overshoot with some Wads - noticed this with Running Late 2 and it bothered me hehe.
  • Chainsaw given some "Shake".

7 hours ago, 6DB said:

I'm not familiar with Delta touch but I see that it suppports GZDoom. Are you using GZDoom with Delta touch? I've only tested the mod with GZDoom.

Yep.