Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qweqioweuo123

Mod Nashgore so only when you gib someone you hear blood dropplet sounds

Question

I love this mod and I think its a sane balance between no gore and the absurd Brutal Doom. I just hate how everytime i shoot someone I hear this annoying liquid sound of blood hitting the floor, it just doesnt fit within Doom. But I do like those sounds only after gibing someone. How can I make the sounds muted unless its a gib? Ive tried replacing the sounds with silent sound files but of course this doesnt work since you are muting sounds during gibbing too.

2 answers to this question

Inside nashgore.pk3 is a file named sndinfo.txt. Open it and erase the part you don't want (e.g. the whole "Blood Drop" section). Save it and replace the original with it.

On 2/19/2020 at 1:19 AM, qweqioweuo123 said:

I love this mod and I think its a sane balance between no gore and the absurd Brutal Doom. I just hate how everytime i shoot someone I hear this annoying liquid sound of blood hitting the floor, it just doesnt fit within Doom. But I do like those sounds only after gibing someone. How can I make the sounds muted unless its a gib? Ive tried replacing the sounds with silent sound files but of course this doesnt work since you are muting sounds during gibbing too.

Big relate. I hated the droplet sounds that the blood made in ketchup v5