Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

[Release] Oops! All Greyboxes! Community Project v1.5

Wee! I know what I'm doing today. :D

It was a pleasure contributing to this. c:

Might as well dump my bug report into this thread, in case anyone was thinking of reporting the same issues. (Same report was posted in the Discord server.) The bugs I ran into so far are as follows:

• The sky in MAP02 (my entry) isn't displaying properly due to the SKIP texture not being defined as the sky flat. Will be quick and easy enough to fix, though, on either my or Remilia's end.
  • Author name for MAP03 doesn't display on the intermission screen.
  • Player's inventory doesn't reset going from MAP02 to MAP03.
  • Exiting MAP03 ends the whole game.

The culprit behind 3 out of the 4 issues is a stray MAPINFO lump within MAP03.wad that conflicts with the MAPINFO in the root of the .pk3. Should anyone want a smooth(er) gameplay experience without said issues, all you need to do is crack the .pk3 open in SLADE, open MAP03.wad, delete the MAPINFO lump in there and save the changes in both files.

That concludes this public service announcement from MFG38.

yay, it's here! now i only have to download some more free time somewhere to play it. ;-)

p.s.: oops. forgot to congratulate all participants. so congrats to everyone who made this release possible!

Are these spikes supposed to kill? I was stuck here. Jumping didn't help. MAP05.

Screenshot_Doom_20210109_174029.png

49 minutes ago, Bushpig2dope said:

Anyone else having issues downloading?

I just checked the link and it works fine for me.  What sort of issues?

On 1/9/2021 at 5:46 AM, dmslr said:

Are these spikes supposed to kill? I was stuck here. Jumping didn't help. MAP05.

Nope, that appears to be a bug ^_^  The author of the map has given me a fixed .wad, so I'll update the release in a bit.

9 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

Are you using chrome? Because for some reason chrome block downloads for certain sites... But using other programs it works good.

10 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

I also had a problem with downloading using chrome. I just right-clicked the link and selected "Open link in new tab" and it worked. Use this same method for downloading from idgames.

Chrome in its infinite genius decided to block downloads whenever the page with the link is https:// (like Doomworld is) but the link destination is unencrypted http:// .

If "open in new tab" works, that's surprising but definitely the easiest fix then.

If that'll stop working eventually, something in lines of right click -> copy link -> new tab -> paste should work.

v1.2 is up!  This fixes the death pits in MAP05, and has some very minor tweaks to MAP02.

And this time the download is behind an https:// link :-P  I have a habit of forgetting to type that when it comes to my website.

by the way, why didn't you put map wads into "maps/"? wads from root of pk3 are loaded at the startup with all resources, but wads in "maps/" are loaded "on demand", and only map lump is taken (no other resources). thus, any leftovers (like accidental mapinfo) would be ignored, and won't accidentally ruin the pk3.

6 hours ago, ketmar said:

by the way, why didn't you put map wads into "maps/"? wads from root of pk3 are loaded at the startup with all resources, but wads in "maps/" are loaded "on demand", and only map lump is taken (no other resources). thus, any leftovers (like accidental mapinfo) would be ignored, and won't accidentally ruin the pk3.

Short answer: I had a derp.

Long answer: I repeatedly derped and forgot this, probably because I've been switching engines so much lately.

Hi, been playing through this myself. Just wanted to mention that there seems to be no replacement for MAP05 in the v1.2 file (there's a custom midi and a new map name, but currently map05 just houses the stock map).

so, I've just played all of it. Twice!

And I really enjoyed all of it but map 09 is missing the blue key in all settings bellow UV... 

In version 1.2 the teleport to the cyberdemon in the same map also wasn't working, not sure about this latest version though.