Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

Where Do Revenants And Cybies Get Their Rockets?

Now, seriously, where do they get them? Do they create the ammo from some mechanism hidden inside their bodies? Or by using some kind of black magic trick to materialize them from thin air?

I always imagined that they use some magical means to generate their rocket supply.

As an in-universe explanation, I always though Cybers just have enormous supplies that probably don't actually take much space in their bodies and get replaced somehow.

Now for Revenants, I've never really seen what they fire as actual rockets but something that just mimicks their look while actually being something else that is just mass-produced by their devices.

Edited by seed

2 minutes ago, seed said:

As for Revenants, I've never really seen what they fire as actual rockets but something that just mimicks their look but are something else that is just mass-produced by their devices.

So, something more in line with Mancubus projectiles?

51 minutes ago, DSC said:

So, something more in line with Mancubus projectiles?

Yeah, pretty much, but clearly more advanced.

Obviously, they use the cheat IDFA to get their rockets, it makes sense to me.

The Cyberdemon get his rockets from his arm cannon wich is actually a fully automated factory/3D printer where nano machines build rockets. 

Revenant rockets are made from hellfire and powered by hatred for any being that has flesh covering their bones.

1 hour ago, 666shooter said:

A Cyberdemon actually has no internal organs. It is filled with blood and rockets.

Huge blood and rockets? 

2 hours ago, 666shooter said:

A Cyberdemon actually has no internal organs. It is filled with blood and rockets.

That would explain why the Cyberdemon explodes upon death.

Where do imps get the thermal energy for their fireballs?  Why does every sergeant die with exactly 4 shells in his shotgun?

The answer of course is energy drinks and quantum physics, respectively.  That, or that they're in a computer game that's designed to be fun and playable on a 486, and a level of abstraction is inevitable in such a platform.

At least the Pain Elemental makes sense. We've all had those nights where we have one too many Lost Souls and have to purge the next morning...

3 hours ago, Chezza said:

Probably the same place Doom guy stores his 99 rockets.

Now I have to ask.... What happened to the 100th rocket?

But yeah, imagine Doomguy always pulling a cart behind him where he has 8 boxes of bullets, 5 boxes of shotgun shells, 20 boxes of missiles and 6 energy cell packs.

Realism is not what Doom is about (thankfully). Or the backpack actually utilizes some kind of space-warping technology.

3 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

Now I have to ask.... What happened to the 100th rocket?

But yeah, imagine Doomguy always pulling a cart behind him where he has 8 boxes of bullets, 5 boxes of shotgun shells, 20 boxes of missiles and 6 energy cell packs.

Realism is not what Doom is about (thankfully). Or the backpack actually utilizes some kind of space-warping technology.

The 100th rocket is in the launcher.

As for the ammo carrying...I think the Maes janitor scooter or whatever story might explain that.

45 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

this is exactly why he cannot jump: he simply cannot leave his ammo cart to demons.