Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nelguy

My own mod

I'm planning on making a mod for Doom which is called RanDOOM.wad

It's basically a mod where every sprite or texture has been changed, so for example: The Imp will have the textures of another demon and so on and so on

I hope somebody is interested in it!

I would refrain from making a thread as vague as this on the WADs & Mods sub-forum. It's alright to post threads announcing a project, but there is essentially no content to this thread. No screenshots, and no descriptions on what exactly this is. So what's the point? To gauge interest for a mod that we know nothing about? It's great that you're enthusiastic about your project, but there's nothing here at all to get anyone else interested, no download links, no videos, not even a single screenshot.

5 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

I would refrain from making a thread as vague as this on the WADs & Mods sub-forum. It's alright to post threads announcing a project, but there is essentially no content to this thread. No screenshots, and no descriptions on what exactly this is. So what's the point? To gauge interest for a mod that we know nothing about? It's great that you're enthusiastic about your project, but there's nothing here at all to get anyone else interested, no download links, no videos, not even a single screenshot.

Yeah actually, you're right, I SHOULD have given at least a screenshot, but I just had the idea for the project, so nothing was being actually worked, but I understand, also this is my first time making a doom mod so I'm new to modding.

Just now, nelguy said:

Yeah actually, you're right, I should have posted at least something for giving at least a screenshot, but I just had the idea for the project, so nothing was being actually worked, but I understand, also this is my first time making a doom mod so I'm new to modding.

It's alright, I was just a bit disappointed coming into the thread, expecting to see something. An announcement like this would be much better suited to a status update. I, generally, don't make a thread until I finish the project or at least have a playable demo available. 

OK, thanks. Next time I do another mod, I will announce it with at least a screenshot or a video :)

See? I told you. See you in a week or two then and good luck with the project.

Spoiler

I MUST CCoom AAHH I'm CCing

1 hour ago, nelguy said:

I'm planning on making a mod for Doom which is called RanDOOM.wad

It's basically a mod where every sprite or texture has been changed, so for example: The Imp will have the textures of another demon and so on and so on

I hope somebody is interested in it!

With that name it already exists. Twice.

Except one of them is a source port based off DosDoom and SLIGE and the other is a mod.