Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pop13lolol

why does doomworld have a cap on files attached to topics you have made?

This is pretty stupid i came here so i could upload my wads so people could play them and i could you know put them on here but now i find out theirs a cap? And i'm not talking about something like OH YOU CAN ONLY HAVE THIS MANY FILES ON ONE POST no i'm talking about the total of what you can put here. ill put a screen shot to show what i'm talking about. Thanks for the help.dddddddddddddd.PNG.a1e62961ecb167d342c2bc6c6a578245.PNG

DoomWorld has a lot of users and space costs money; it's nice we even get any storage space to begin with. That said, most people use dropbox for file sharing and imgur for screenshot sharing. Simply upload your stuff on those sites and copy+paste the share links here. I would only recommend using your limited DoomWorld space on demo sharing, or maybe screenshots for file reviews; I'm not sure how that process works exactly.

1 hour ago, pop13lolol said:

ya i guess ill be deleting my old shit then i mean this site is great but this just made me like it way less

Right, because Ling's server space isn't endless and he can't just give everyone unlimited hosting, the site has become way less? I am already amazed its 50 MB in the first place. Ideal for little config files or a source port build.

I am not sure what you are expecting.

46 minutes ago, pop13lolol said:

UPDATE I GOT MY SPACE DOWN AND I FIGGERED OUT SOME OTHER STUFF WITH IT SO YA DON'T BOTHER REPLYING ON THIS TOPIC!!!

No need for CAPS, as they imply you are screaming at the top of your lungs.

If you don't want people to respond to this topic anymore, report your first post and give it the message that it needs to be closed as you fixed your issue.

When you have done that, Do not respond in your own topic anymore, even when others come around to tell you the error of your ways. After all, you already decided what to do with it, so there is then no need to address people further.

Hope that helps.

There's no need to bother the admins, you can actually lock your own threads

Edited by Doomkid

This is way you always host your wads and pictures on separate sites, this post is useless OP use your time just a bit better.

25 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

There's no need to bother the admins, you can actually lock your own threads

Is that so? Because when i just looked at a thread of my own, there is no such option in clear sight. I'd love to know where this is located.

Whoops.. it seems as though that ability was removed at some point, probably when the new forum software was brought in. I know you used to be able to do that, my apologies for spreading false info!