Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

Is there a program that lists all of the textures used in a map?

Is there a program or utility out there that can be used to find all of the textures & flats used in a specific map? I'm trying to cut all of the unused textures from a massive texture pack to reduce the file size of the wad, & just clean up the wad in general.

If the pwad is in vanilla DOOM format then give Slade3 a try.

In Archive - Maintenance ii is supposed to delete all unused textures/flats.

This does not work for advanced mapping formats.

If the pwad is in UDMF then you are left with the chore to manually go through the maps and delete all unused textures.

If the map is in DiHF then you can use Deepsea to list all textures used, but to delete all unused textures is again a manual chore.

1 hour ago, Kappes Buur said:

If the pwad is in vanilla DOOM format then give Slade3 a try.

In Archive - Maintenance ii is supposed to delete all unused textures/flats.

This does not work for advanced mapping formats.

I've have mixed results with using that feature. Last time I used it Slade didn't take into account that waterfalls use multiple textures & there were other small oddities that would happen to some textures made with multiple patches. Honestly just getting a list of used textures in alphabetical order is a big step in cleaning up a texture pack, as finding out what textures are used is more than half the work.

39 minutes ago, tourniquet said:

Try wcleaner it's a fairly simple command line executable but works like a charm, i use it for all my wad cleanups.

Awesome! This cleans up the wad perfectly, all the benefits of SLADE with none of the negatives.