Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

What upgrade system is this?

At 3:10, Hugo is talking about weapon masteries, and the reporter asks if you have to complete a challenge to unlock it, and Hugo says yes... AS HE IS PURCHASING THE WEAPON MASTERY with some sort of currency that he has 7 of.

Has this icon / system been explained anywhere? Because I am having trouble figuring out what it is.

3 minutes ago, StalkerZHS said:

It's either a cheat code or something similar admin privileges

Nah. A cheat code doesn't give you precisely 7 of something, and it doesn't have a dedicated icon on the UI. It's some sort of point system that I can't find any explanation for. The icon is crossed axes so maybe it's for beating marauders, or you get points for surviving player invasions, like humanity in Souls games? If that's the case it would explain why they are avoiding talking about it since invasion mode has been postponed.

31 minutes ago, Linguica said:

Nah. A cheat code doesn't give you precisely 7 of something, and it doesn't have a dedicated icon on the UI. It's some sort of point system that I can't find any explanation for. The icon is crossed axes so maybe it's for beating marauders, or you get points for surviving player invasions, like humanity in Souls games? If that's the case it would explain why they are avoiding talking about it since invasion mode has been postponed.

~ I think it may be combat points. The little bar on the top right is the combat meter, and if memory serves me right you get three of those tokens when completing a slayer gate. These points are probably used to purchase weapon upgrades and the like. ~

Nevermind, I just watched the video and noticed that combat points are something else entirely. 

I have no stinking clue what that currency is and is for. 

My guess is that invasion players play as marauders (which in the Lore appear to be an army of mooks tasked with killing the Doom Slayer) and the E3 presentation where players spawn in as demons was an intentional head-fake to hide the existence of multiple marauders / player controlled marauders. It never made much sense for invasion players to spawn in as, like, a revenant who can get killed in a couple seconds - especially when we also know of the existence of "empowered demons" which function like what you would expect a player-controlled demon to be (more health etc).

3 hours ago, Linguica said:

My guess is that invasion players play as marauders (which in the Lore appear to be an army of mooks tasked with killing the Doom Slayer) and the E3 presentation where players spawn in as demons was an intentional head-fake to hide the existence of multiple marauders / player controlled marauders. It never made much sense for invasion players to spawn in as, like, a revenant who can get killed in a couple seconds - especially when we also know of the existence of "empowered demons" which function like what you would expect a player-controlled demon to be (more health etc).

Right now only battle mode demons are used for invasions.  So you are actually a beefed up Revenant or a nerfed Marauder.  Invaders are also not allowed to use their summoned abilities and loot block.

4 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I thought it was just a debug feature so the devs don’t have to unlock them every time to test.

I wish devs would leave those features in, with the obvious implication being that they disable achievements or whatever. Or, better yet, make them into unlockable settings for doing things.

I love being able to mess around with stuff like that. It's always an excellent addition when things like optional infinite ammo are built into the game as unlocks.