Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nelguy

Does anybody know about this type of mod?

I was wondering if anybody knew about a mod where you're like in a huge adventure and start making allies with a vast map to explore and a great story with bosses and a villain, kinda like what The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild does, but in the DOOM engine.

Sorry, but I personally don't like Strife, I'm looking for one that resembles the style of BotW, with the way you fight enemies, get weapons, items, how the music feels like and stuff. Also I meant a mod, not an IWAD

1 hour ago, nelguy said:

a vast map to explore

The Doom engine can't do true open-world.  The best we could hope for is the Half-Life style where the beginning of one level and the start of the next is just a short loading message.  

i'll give it a try,

Edit: It kinda falls under the mod I was looking for. But I still want one that has an enormous plot, with NPCs and a type of villain to defeat (Not like Strife)

Edited by nelguy

You could look into Abysm: Dawn of Innocence or Inquisitor 3. You'd be hard pressed to find precisely what you're looking for, but those are close

5 hours ago, Bauul said:

The Doom engine can't do true open-world.  The best we could hope for is the Half-Life style where the beginning of one level and the start of the next is just a short loading message.  

Agreed, though ZDaemon City made a valiant attempt to have a open world city in Doom:

4 hours ago, nelguy said:

i'll give it a try,

Edit: It kinda falls under the mod I was looking for. But I still want one that has an enormous plot, with NPCs and a type of villain to defeat (Not like Strife)

If it does not exist (And primarly because the Doom engine isn't built for the kind of BOTW open world want and with an enormous plot) then Create it mod of your dreams yourself.

7 hours ago, nelguy said:

has an enormous plot, with NPCs and a type of villain to defeat

Try Golden Souls series. 

Or Total Chaos.

Or Ashes 2063.

As you can see in Strife, open world is very awkward to achieve in Doom. (E.g Monsters cannot chase you when you "exit" a map)

Those 3 TCs are close enough to your requirements, honestly.

I'm looking for a specific Doom 2 wad that was made between 2005-2008 (I could be wrong, since I was in my teens at the time). It's a single map replacing map01.

• It looks like it took place in the desert, with a laboratory built inside the mountain.
  • It's got sprites from Strife (mostly the cyborg enemies), Scientists with heads of Doom guy (had death sounds from cultists from Blood 97), Railgun that looks like it was meshed together of weapons from Rise of the Triad.
  • The music track is the theme song from the Terminator.

Hopefully, most of y'all will know what I'm talking about. I miss that wad. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Bass Slapper '89

45 minutes ago, Bass Slapper '89 said:

I'm looking for a specific Doom 2 wad that was made between 2005-2008 (I could be wrong, since I was in my teens at the time). It's a single map replacing map01.

• It looks like it took place in the desert, with a laboratory built inside the mountain.
  • It's got sprites from Strife (mostly the cyborg enemies), Scientists with heads of Doom guy (had death sounds from cultists from Blood 97), Railgun that looks like it was meshed together of weapons from Rise of the Triad.
  • The music track is the theme song from the Terminator.

Hopefully, most of y'all will know what I'm talking about. I miss that wad. Thank you in advance.

You'll probably get more replies in this thread. The one you've posted in is a specific question for a specific user, not an open forum to ask that your own suggestion is found.

1 minute ago, Egg Boy said:

You'll probably get more replies in this thread. The one you've posted in is a specific question for a specific user, not an open forum to ask that your own suggestion is found.

Cool beans. Thank you for letting me know.