Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skullhacker

GZDoom - OpenGL won't work. Any fixes?

Okay, before you tell me I need to get a new computer or something like that, my computer can run OpenGL on Boom, Zandronum and even Doomsday. Ever since I first tried GZDoom, I haven't been able to get the sprites to show up in Hardware Accelerated rendering mode. In this attached screenshot, it shows me in MAP01 standing behind what would be two zombiemen. They're there, but it won't render their sprites. It doesn't render sprites for anything other than the HUD.1075119413_DOOM2_HellonEarth2_27_20204_36_09PM.png.aff32dbec273fc95bf2261db3ebd392e.png

How do I fix this?

1 hour ago, Skullhacker said:

my computer can run OpenGL on Boom, Zandronum and even Doomsday.

That is irrelevant, GZDoom has higher hardware requirements and if your hardware is not good enough then you are out of luck.

What are your PC specs? Can you update your gfx drivers? Have you tried LZDoom?

Video card and driver version?

The fact that you are able to run ports requiring ancient hardware with GL 2.1 doesn't help.

The sprites not showing is a known bug of some AMD drivers from a few years back. If such a driver is being used here, upgrading it should fix the problem.

7 hours ago, Graf Zahl said:

The sprites not showing is a known bug of some AMD drivers from a few years back. If such a driver is being used here, upgrading it should fix the problem.

15 hours ago, seed said:

Video card and driver version?

The fact that you are able to run ports requiring ancient hardware with GL 2.1 doesn't help.

18 hours ago, andrewj said:

That is irrelevant, GZDoom has higher hardware requirements and if your hardware is not good enough then you are out of luck.

Okay, thank you for the info. I'll try updating whatever I can.