Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XCMachine

DoomBuilder 2 and GZDoomBuilder in 2020 Script Editor, how to connect the script ?

Hello, I know it's a simple thing for all the modders out here, I'm starting to get a hang of the Zdoom ACS scripting, but it's 2020 and after atleast trying to print a message on a certain sector, I do not know where to connect it for some odd reason, it's not big of a deal, just want to know, here is what I am trying to do. By the way I'm using mainly DB2 instead of GZDoomBuilder(reason is the bugs).

1.png

2.png

You need your map to be in Hexen or UDMF format to use scripts. When you have converted your map (search the forums) you will get a SCRIPTS tab in the script editor in which you can edit the script that is compiled and included in your map.

On 3/4/2020 at 10:37 AM, Omilab said:

What is the best editor for doom maps?? I use doombuilder...

Oh dear. Doombuilder is really ancient and succeeded by Doombuilder2, GZDoom Builder, GZDoom Builder - Bugfix, DoombuilderX and Ultimate Doom Builder.

However, there are also Slade3 and Eureka. Other editors still used by some are these ancient editors, Deepsea and Wadauthor, if not mapping for UDMF.

Which is best is rather subjective. Try them all and see which one fits your style of mapping.

On 2/28/2020 at 11:25 PM, XCMachine said:

atleast trying to print a message on a certain sector, I do not know where to connect it for some odd reason

1) You forgot to add:

#include "zcommon.acs"

2) Your script must be "(void)", not "OPEN". OPEN script means "Run this script when map starts". If you want to attach it to the sector, you must add "Action 80: ACS Execute" to linedefs of your sector.