Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skullhacker

Who wants to start a modding/mapping team?

I thought it would be a fun idea to create a team of people with experience modding in ZDoom or any kind of modding (such as DeHackEd). Who thinks we should do this?

We're getting a lot of submissions.

Members:

-Skullhacker {Me} (Decorate, Maps, ect)

-SuperCupcakeTactics (Maps)

-BBQgiraffe (Decorate)

-Slimebucket (Maps)

-quickey (Maps)

-tam (Music and maps)

Edited by Skullhacker

I've always thought about making a team of 3-4 with my friends. The only problem is that I don't have these friends. May I ask specifics on what "modding" means, e.g. does this involve level designing?

Just now, Scorpius said:

I've always thought about making a team of 3-4 with my friends. The only problem is that I don't have these friends. May I ask specifics on what "modding" means, e.g. does this involve level designing?

I like to think of modding as any kind of addition or modification to a game. In Doom's case, I think of modding as making ZDoom mods, Dehacked mods, or even just plain maps, or mixing them together to make a modded megawad. You think you might wanna join?

3 minutes ago, Skullhacker said:
You think you might wanna join?

I'll need time to think about it, don't really have enough confidence to work in groups or teams yet. :)

1 minute ago, Scorpius said:

I'll need time to think about it, don't really have enough confidence to work in groups or teams yet. :)

K. ;]

Just now, BBQgiraffe said:

I haven't done anything with Decorate scripting in a while but I would gladly join :)

You look like a person worth having around just judging from your profile pic. Plus, you seem to have some contributions to make. Would you like me to add you?

Just now, Skullhacker said:

You look like a person worth having around just judging from your profile pic. Plus, you seem to have some contributions to make. Would you like me to add you?

sure!

Will the intended port be vanilla, Boom-compatible or GZDoom-only? If it falls into any of the first two, I'd be glad to be a map tester.

I just finished my first map, working on my second one,

check it out, im getting into wadding, mapping, going to learn everything I can, right now im focusing on just mapping, but soon will focus on custom weapons and monsters.

What kind of project are you thinking of? Ive been thinking of a few random ideas

1) basic project with magic weapons, (fire earth water and wind) and corresponding secrets, monsters, levels that can be re played once you get magic weapons and can unlock further areas to go. Simple ending you can get with a quick run through, and a secret ending level when you unlock all magic weapons. Monsters would drop monster bits and magic shards, which can be used to make ammo, armor and powerups.

This project would work on custom monsters, weapons, textures, tiered levels, a center hub town level

2) I randomly want to create a few death match levels from SNES games, could create custom snes characters to play as, snes enemies and make it a project

3) re create chrono trigger in Doom?

4) joke wad

5) other??

I can pop in from time to time and assist with the occasional project though I can't always be relied on. I've worked with vanilla (Only a tiny amount, anything DeHackEd related I used WhackEd4) and I mainly use UDMF nowadays. I've also dabbled in Heretic, Hexen AND strife (Though GL asking me to work with Strife).

48 minutes ago, Slimebucket said:

I just finished my first map, working on my second one,

check it out, im getting into wadding, mapping, going to learn everything I can, right now im focusing on just mapping, but soon will focus on custom weapons and monsters.

What kind of project are you thinking of? Ive been thinking of a few random ideas

1) basic project with magic weapons, (fire earth water and wind) and corresponding secrets, monsters, levels that can be re played once you get magic weapons and can unlock further areas to go. Simple ending you can get with a quick run through, and a secret ending level when you unlock all magic weapons. Monsters would drop monster bits and magic shards, which can be used to make ammo, armor and powerups.

This project would work on custom monsters, weapons, textures, tiered levels, a center hub town level

2) I randomly want to create a few death match levels from SNES games, could create custom snes characters to play as, snes enemies and make it a project

3) re create chrono trigger in Doom?

4) joke wad

5) other??

I was thinking of doing a vanilla project with custom music and textures or a limit-removing megawad of some kind. Are you interested in this team idea?

47 minutes ago, SuperCupcakeTactics said:

I'll either do Limit-Removing (which is like Vanilla but infinitely better and is a thing) or UDMF (L/G)ZDoom mapping

Sounds like a fun idea. I mostly make Boom or GZDoom maps.

55 minutes ago, InDOOMnesia said:

Will the intended port be vanilla, Boom-compatible or GZDoom-only? If it falls into any of the first two, I'd be glad to be a map tester.

For now, I think we'll mostly be doing Boom projects with custom music, textures and some stuff like strings and extra monsters done in DeHackEd. Though at some point I think we'll do a modded thing that can be played on Zandronum or GZDoom.

To me this sounds like you're describing starting a community project. So really what you need is a specific vision of what you want a mod to be.

I am down for a group project.

any themes ideas on it? medieval, sci fi, hell, city?

I am starting up a bunch of maps, (I hate working on the same map for too long, like to have many on the go) and my plan is to make 1 nice room for each map, then post screenshots and what ever once gets voted is what I will work on next, so I want to know if there is any styles to add to the list

right now im working on a prison map, then im working on an outdoor cave and mountain path map, then a science lab, then a volcano area,  then im making a snes game in doom (not full thing, just some deathmatch levels, some areas from chrono trigger) 

1 hour ago, Slimebucket said:

I am down for a group project.

any themes ideas on it? medieval, sci fi, hell, city?

I'm a huge fan of Blood, so I try to make a level like it from time to time. I think this team should make something like that in (G)ZDoom with custom enemies, monsters, music, weapons and everything, kinda like a TC. I also like Brutal Doom Extermination Day, even if Brutal Doom is the most hated mod ever.

17 minutes ago, Skullhacker said:

I'm a huge fan of Blood, so I try to make a level like it from time to time. I think this team should make something like that in (G)ZDoom with custom enemies, monsters, music, weapons and everything, kinda like a TC

Hmmmm... I got some shovels and shit in my backyard we can use for sprites

2 minutes ago, quickey said:

I'd be down for mapping

Do you have a lot of experience mapping? Cause I'd love to put you on the team.

I don't have a lot of experience in releasing maps, but my ideas and execution have become much better. PM me if you want more details.

Just now, quickey said:

I don't have a lot of experience in releasing maps, but my ideas and execution have become much better. PM me if you want more details.

Sounds fine to me. Would you like to be put on the members list now?