Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

This is Woof! 2.3.2 (Oct 19, 2020) [Updated WinMBF]

Posted (edited)

Also, in valiant, in some places appear a magenta line but I think someone had already talk about this problem. 

On 9/10/2020 at 10:59 AM, fabian said:

Automap coordinates are always enabled in MBF. This switch merely affects follow mode. If the latter is disabled, it decides whether the coordinates of the player arrow or of the screen center are displayed. 

Is there some reason for this? I'd nearly forgotten about this port and have been enjoying it recently, although I wish those automap coordinates could be switched off.

[EDIT] When playing Doom II for some reason I got a crash when I finished up MAP11. I've no idea how I triggered it but this was the error report:

xt0AZdb.png

[EDIT] Another error this time on MAP27 of Doom II - the stairs won't build after flipping the switch by the yellow door (the sector 8 switch specifically).

Edited by valkiriforce

Can you please add an option for bobbing weapons while firing? I'd hate to bother you but you added an option for centered weapons while firing so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Can you add the option to play sounds in full length? I noticed this while messing with custom shotgun and rocket launcher sounds: the rocket/barrel explosion sound, DSBAREXP, does not play in full when a rocket explodes, and the SSG sound effect cuts off if it's too long

On 10/10/2020 at 11:08 PM, valkiriforce said:

Is there some reason for this? I'd nearly forgotten about this port and have been enjoying it recently, although I wish those automap coordinates could be switched off.

The automap coordinates are always-on in MBF. I never found them distracting enough to have them optional, though.

[EDIT] When playing Doom II for some reason I got a crash when I finished up MAP11. I've no idea how I triggered it but this was the error report:

Thanks for noticing! This is the second time I introduced this same kind of crash due to the rather non-intuitive way MBF aliased the memory allocation functions. You reported the same bug last time, so thanks again for your attention! :D

[EDIT] Another error this time on MAP27 of Doom II - the stairs won't build after flipping the switch by the yellow door (the sector 8 switch specifically).

This is probably due to Boom's own stair building function being the default in Boom and later, though I would be surprised if this breaks an IWAD map.

On 10/12/2020 at 3:03 AM, RonnieColeman said:

Can you please add an option for bobbing weapons while firing? I'd hate to bother you but you added an option for centered weapons while firing so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I didn't even know this feature is so popular. The problem is that there are no multiple choice menu items in MBF for e.g. "off" / "centered" / "bobbing". Do you really miss this or did you suggest it for completeness?

On 10/13/2020 at 3:58 AM, RonnieColeman said:

Can you add the option to play sounds in full length? I noticed this while messing with custom shotgun and rocket launcher sounds: the rocket/barrel explosion sound, DSBAREXP, does not play in full when a rocket explodes, and the SSG sound effect cuts off if it's too long

I could add this, sure. Thanks for the suggestion.

4 hours ago, fabian said:

Do you really miss this or did you suggest it for completeness?

I think it looks great. For example, try playing with Vanilla Doom Smooth Weapons in Crispy Doom with weapon-bobbing-while-firing turned on, and run around while holding fire on the chaingun. It looks super cool

4 hours ago, fabian said:

I could add this, sure. Thanks for the suggestion

:DDDD